New Westminster

Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Booksheld Speaker

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
33%
Retailer:
Edifier
Sorry for another edifier thread... while poking around the edifier headphone threads i notice this was on sale as well.

It seems like the 3 desert animal suggest the black variant was on sale for $175 at one point, but the wood variant was $210. seems to be well reviewed.

Contemplating myself if i want to pull on the wood variant.
4 replies
May 28, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
Had them for a bit when the black ones went on sale for $175, returned for the Fluance Ai40. Sound was pretty good but for Bluetooth the aptx compatibility of the Fluance made a noticeable difference. I am not an audiophile but was looking for better sound than most Bluetooth speakers can provide, so if that is your objective I would look for something with aptx. Also these are quite bulky and heavy, and are definitely not wife approved in terms of looks. Optical output is a plus though. I just looked up the Fluance for any sales though and they may have been discontinued!
May 3, 2018
27 posts
17 upvotes
taximan87 wrote: Had them for a bit when the black ones went on sale for $175, returned for the Fluance Ai40. Sound was pretty good but for Bluetooth the aptx compatibility of the Fluance made a noticeable difference. I am not an audiophile but was looking for better sound than most Bluetooth speakers can provide, so if that is your objective I would look for something with aptx. Also these are quite bulky and heavy, and are definitely not wife approved in terms of looks. Optical output is a plus though. I just looked up the Fluance for any sales though and they may have been discontinued!
I don’t think they were discontinued: https://www.fluance.com/powered-2-0-blu ... ers-bamboo

I’m considering these myself.
Feb 11, 2015
82 posts
70 upvotes
Abbotsford, BC
I have two sets of these speakers. One is hooked up to my TV for my PS4, and the other is on Bluetooth for when I want to play music from my laptop. The customer service is pretty amazing, and I really enjoy my speakers. Worth it to me
May 28, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
BenjaminR58846 wrote: I don’t think they were discontinued: https://www.fluance.com/powered-2-0-blu ... ers-bamboo

I’m considering these myself.
Great then, on Amazon they seemed out of stock in all colours but I spent 2 seconds looking.

I love the Ai40 I think I paid around $225 when there was a sale. They are very pretty speakers and the sound is crisp and full, again I am not an audiophile but do appreciate good sound. I upgraded from a Bose SoundLink mini which, for all the flack Bose gets is actually a great sounding speaker. The Fluance blows it out of the water, quite obviously since the form factor is completely different. The main complaint is lack of inputs as there is only one RCA input, but again as a Bluetooth listener I am completely satisfied.

There seems to be a huge gap in the market and I had been looking forever for better sound for streaming services with true stereo, and finally was able to break away from JBL flips and ue booms that the typical Bluetooth user is faced with.