Expired Hot Deals

Edifier

Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - $299 (reg. $449.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2021 3:13 am
Jul 16, 2017
234 posts
246 upvotes
SonicRings wrote: As well, I would choose passive speakers over active. You're paying for a shoddy amp that's built in to these speakers as opposed to paying for just the speakers. The bang for buck for sound quality suffers as a result.
I have been very happy with Edifier active speakers as a simple solution for Google Chromecast Audio deployments through the house. The lack of additional amplifier makes these setups clean and simple, which is why I prefer them. I have R1700DB and R1280T -- both sound good and look good.

I'm not an audiophile, but I can tell crummy speakers from good ones. (I can't tell good ones from great ones)
Jun 28, 2020
310 posts
247 upvotes
smoisan wrote: Maybe for those who like the Bose compressed sound signature. I had those and sold them. Pretty much anything I have tried on the PC turned out better than those Bose for me even the cheap ass Edifier that I had paid $20. Now I am using Presonus Eris E4.5BT.
All the way from +62
Nov 27, 2014
17 posts
9 upvotes
Chrawno
Just wanted to say thanks. Using them since Tuesday, they sound great.
I'm not gay, but twenty dollars is twenty dollars
Feb 10, 2014
371 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
smoisan wrote: Maybe for those who like the Bose compressed sound signature. I had those and sold them. Pretty much anything I have tried on the PC turned out better than those Bose for me even the cheap ass Edifier that I had paid $20. Now I am using Presonus Eris E4.5BT.
I feel you. Doesn’t matter the sound signature. Some Bose speakers do sound great, but companion 20 really? Has to be a troll
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1637 posts
833 upvotes
Regina
Why do these look a lot like Swan Speakers…
Images
  • FCEC3595-ACC2-4E00-A72B-ADA609E4A48B.jpeg
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
3036 posts
2153 upvotes
Nice find...ordered and Tx.
709 upvotes
in the market for some basic 3.5mm computer speakers. any recommendations? thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
3036 posts
2153 upvotes
So I do have a question for any of the sound experts here. If I wanted to use these speakers as wireless or BT rear surround speakers from my Denon AVR-S740H, can it be done. SImply because of room dynamics, I cannot place wired speakers anywhere and want to create a 5.1/7.1 system if I can. I am 3.1 now.

I had considered Amphony previously, however wasn't sure of the reliability, plus the fact that it was still connecting the speaker to a wireless receiver.

If a BT kit or anything similar would work, might you recommend it by name?
9 upvotes
I am waiting to receive pair of 1280db for $182 from amazon I just purchased.

I see the small specs difference in terms of frequency. Is this sale price and improvement in performance worth the upgrade to the s1000db for and extra ~$100? I'll be connecting using Bluetooth to listen to music from my phone.

Thanks
Nov 11, 2013
393 posts
115 upvotes
London
How are these compared to the Sonos one or Google nest audio speakers? Would they be good for a home gym?
Feb 10, 2014
371 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
mdoto wrote: How are these compared to the Sonos one or Google nest audio speakers? Would they be good for a home gym?
that would be like comparing a TV to a theatre. These are much larger speakers that produce much better sound. The Sonos one or google nest are meant to go on a kitchen counter or night stand to save space.
Feb 10, 2014
371 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
Impala wrote: I am waiting to receive pair of 1280db for $182 from amazon I just purchased.

I see the small specs difference in terms of frequency. Is this sale price and improvement in performance worth the upgrade to the s1000db for and extra ~$100? I'll be connecting using Bluetooth to listen to music from my phone.

Thanks
Largely depends on how much space you have for a set of speakers. These are much bigger than the 1280s. If space is not a constraint these are a no brainer for extra 100.
Nov 11, 2013
393 posts
115 upvotes
London
fayfayfay wrote: that would be like comparing a TV to a theatre. These are much larger speakers that produce much better sound. The Sonos one or google nest are meant to go on a kitchen counter or night stand to save space.
Gotcha....

Are there any active speakers out there that have speakers wirelessly connect with each other like the Sonos or Nest?
Feb 10, 2014
371 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
flamenko wrote: So I do have a question for any of the sound experts here. If I wanted to use these speakers as wireless or BT rear surround speakers from my Denon AVR-S740H, can it be done. SImply because of room dynamics, I cannot place wired speakers anywhere and want to create a 5.1/7.1 system if I can. I am 3.1 now.

I had considered Amphony previously, however wasn't sure of the reliability, plus the fact that it was still connecting the speaker to a wireless receiver.

If a BT kit or anything similar would work, might you recommend it by name?
Not an expert but unless I’m missing something, your receiver will only have speaker level output for the surround speakers, but the powered speaker or Bluetooth transmitter will only take line level input. I don’t think there’s a easy way to do this.
My best bet is a separate decoder that has line level outputs for each channel.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
3036 posts
2153 upvotes
One of the better RFD grabs I have had for awhile. Had to laugh when I checked out the box and it had an over 50lb marker on it from Canada Post. A bit larger than expected but these speakers are sweet. The sound through optical from the PC is nothing to complain about as well. Incredible build ... Great sound.
IMG_20211014_172241_edit_120129331348335.jpg
115 upvotes
London
Too bad these don't have a 3.5 aux in to plug an echo dot in. Would probably have to get a RCA to aux cable
Jan 16, 2017
350 posts
396 upvotes
Burlington, ON
mdoto wrote: Too bad these don't have a 3.5 aux in to plug an echo dot in. Would probably have to get a RCA to aux cable
There is one included in the box.
Jan 26, 2020
218 posts
173 upvotes
Picked up klipsch r41m + Sony stdh190 receiver for $419 from Costco.. for me this is much better set compared to edifire, klipsch sounds better to me ..
Nov 11, 2013
393 posts
115 upvotes
London
dxxalf wrote: There is one included in the box.
Thanks...if this wasn't so ugly and in black I think I would of bought it.