[Edifier] Edifier w830bt bluetooth headphones $47.95

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 10:47 pm
Apr 7, 2009
140 posts
58 upvotes
Durham
supplementking wrote: Got mine pretty quickly. Within 3 days
Could be your location, although I'm not much further away. It's the 2nd day and still not fulfilled.
Regards,
Rodney
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2621 posts
686 upvotes
YMMV, but try code AMEX20 for an extra 20% off.

EDIT: Helps more with the W855BT because the 20% is just offset by shipping for W830BT if you were adding a filler. If not, "free shipping" with the code.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5625 posts
773 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered too early...missed the extra 20% :)
I am liking the TWS1 a lot, not bad for $40.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1408 posts
231 upvotes
Peterborough
FYI I Bought a pair of Bluetooth ear phone from Edifier and they disconnected all the time in fact I have to keep my phone in my left pocket in my pants if I tryu my right pocket it gets alot worse
Aug 29, 2004
106 posts
91 upvotes
ScottF391 wrote: FYI I Bought a pair of Bluetooth ear phone from Edifier and they disconnected all the time in fact I have to keep my phone in my left pocket in my pants if I tryu my right pocket it gets alot worse
How about a mention of model?
Jul 31, 2020
246 posts
243 upvotes
anindyabecs wrote: take headphone reviews here with a grain of salt .. a few weeks back there were back to back threads on Dudios shuffle headphone and how amazing it is .. I got it and it sounds like tin can literally :P :P ( my Miniso headphone sounds better.. good thing it was cheap , only 20 $ , but its a waste of 20 $ for me ) not to disrespect anybody but to each one quality differs people to people .. make sure you buy only if there is a return policy and lightly use it to determine if you want to keep it or not ..
True, I also dont think the qc35 sound all that great anyway, they are more known for noise cancelling.
Jul 31, 2020
246 posts
243 upvotes
mucat wrote: I am no audiophiles and I don't have AKG Y500.
Comparing w830bt vs w855bt, the w830bt is more bass heavy (slightly), mid is receded. The w855bt is more balanced.
the akg if price doesnt matter, although the edifier has better battery life and is cheaper. The fact that the edifiers are as good as they are for the price is a great though, got a pair for my son who isnt super fussy about audio quality as long as he has good bass. Im not sure how to configure what codec these use, but aac is supported for ios devices and apt x is there for android, if you dont use these codecs sound quality could be much worse. I think its automatic, but if you have an older android phone (or some cheap chinese one) or a windows laptop you might be hearing using SBC which sounds much worse. Bluetooth version matters too, basically you want 4.1 and up.
Jan 19, 2013
308 posts
285 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: I also dont think the qc35 sound all that great anyway
this is a relative statement .. I have a qc25 ( poor man's wired version of qc35 and I love it . Indeed the noise cancellation is awesome ) .. now even without the noise cancellation this headphone is better than MDR-ZXt80DC which itself was a nice headphone I got from costco for around 150 $ ..

So yes , qc25 is not amazing sound quality compared to say sony 1000xm3 but still its an amazing headphone compared to most of the headphones out there ..

Why I say this is , just telling this edifier headphone amazing and better than qc35 unless you have tested it does not make sense ..

There has been threads like this before where cheap headphone was compared to apple earpods and told they sound equally good .. they dont ! I tested it , I have a first gen airpod and still it does not .. leave alone the current airpods ..

If you have heard both of them and infer then thanks to you for sharing the product ..
Nov 19, 2019
5 posts
Last time during sale I ordered P841
Now W360BT and TWS1
Wallet is definitely not safe with RFD :)

Anyway, I hope these will work well for watching movies on TV and projector. That's what I bought them for.
Jul 30, 2019
60 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver
Received my W855BT's over the weekend. Initial impression is that they feel and sound great, it does feel like they do punch above their price point in terms of quality.

Unfortunately, for some reason there is a sync issue with my TV when watching YouTube, Prime Video, and Netflix, but they seem to work fine when playing video games on the same TV. The interesting thing about my issue is that the audio is ahead of the video instead of behind (by about 100-200ms) which sucks as they aren't working for the primary purpose I bought them for but I'll keep trying to find a solution.

My TV is a Hisense Q8G from a previous sale, has anyone else had a similar issue?
Oct 23, 2009
188 posts
375 upvotes
Edmonton
solariseclipse wrote: Anyone with experience pairing and using with gaming consoles? PS4?
It seems PS4 has their own version of bluetooth so these do not connect. I bought a set of the 830's for my son and we could not get the PS4 to connect via bluetooth.

After completing an online search you will discover only a handfull of headsets are compatible with PS4. You do have the option to purchase a bluetooth dongle from Amazon that is supposed to work.

And unfortunately the aux cable you get with the headphones does not support the mic therefore my son could not communicate with his friends online playing Fortnite. He ended up using an aux cabled with a microphone built in to it from his old headphones.

Sound wise I was quite impressed with the detail coming out of a $50 headphone. And you cannot beat the battery life.