Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Edifier

Edifier W860NB Noise-Cancelling Headphones - $99.97 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 12:23 am
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario
TriftyTings wrote: 860's have swipe/touch controls which 855's don't have. Battery and different design/ear-cups are the biggest differentiators. If you like the design on the 860s but want the battery life of the 855s you can take a look at the W830BT. That's what i bought and i couldn't be happier. No touch controls on the 830s but they have aptX. Bought off Amazon for $85, Edifier site has them for $100.

hope that helps
Thanks. I didn't realize that the 830s have aptX. I must not have looked closely. My eye probably was focused on the sale headsets. I ended up buying the 855s for $75 + tax. Mostly because it's cheaper than the 860s, the look is more interesting (860s look a lot like several other headsets I have), and no need for noise cancelling. Envious of that 830 battery though. Wow.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6764 posts
2096 upvotes
EDIT: Ordered a pair of of W820BT for myself and another for my friend, also another friend for the P293, thanks OP. I'm hoping it went through...I saw the W820BT as in stock on my laptop but on my friend's phone he said he saw it as OOS for black.
Apr 13, 2010
190 posts
69 upvotes
I got an email response back about whether it’s Bluetooth 5.0 (printed on box) or 4.1:
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. It's 4.1.

Regards,
Leopold Fimbel

Customer Service
Don’t know why they printed 5.0 on the box.
Dec 19, 2008
132 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
kiasu wrote: how is this compare to the QC35 or QC35 II?
I have the QC35 II and the ANC and sound quality is definitely better. My biggest complaint with the Bose is that when streaming video (Netflix or Prime Video) the audio goes out of sync with the video. Drives me nuts. I wore the Edifiers all last night and not once did they go out of sync with the video, they're a keeper for this alone. The Bose also have an app for settings and updates, nothing for the Edifiers.

They're both good, but for streaming the Edifiers are the better of the two (for me).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6764 posts
2096 upvotes
So I ordered 2 pairs of W820BT in black along with one pair of P293 in white...for some reason they gave me W820BT in red instead and it came from Amazon. Gonna have to send them an email....
Dec 26, 2004
817 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
Canada_7 wrote: So I ordered 2 pairs of W820BT in black along with one pair of P293 in white...for some reason they gave me W820BT in red instead and it came from Amazon. Gonna have to send them an email....
Did you open the box? Mine also shows red on the box but inside it was black.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6764 posts
2096 upvotes
ARK wrote: Did you open the box? Mine also shows red on the box but inside it was black.
LOL. I just noticed where you're located. I wonder if they switched our orders. No I haven't opened the 2 they sent me. I ordered 2 BLACK W820BT. They gave me 2 reds.

Did you order 2 reds and got 2 black?

Edit: On my shipping slip as well, it says for 2 black pairs.

Edit #2: Sorry I reread your post... Do you mean like on the packaging if the headphones it's a red pair but once you open the whole thing inside it was a pair of black headphones?

Edit #3: I'm an idiot. There's a barcode at the back, bottom right that says "black". I just wasn't expecting the packaging to be for a pair of red headphones as most of the time, packaging is either with a picture of a generic black pair or for whatever colour of headphones is in the box. We are all good, minus the fact I embarrassed myself.

Apr 13, 2010
190 posts
69 upvotes
I've been using my headphones for a good few days now and seem to have an issue where the battery isn't holding it's charge. I leave my headphones overnight (turned off) and when I try to use them in the morning they don't turn on.

Anyone experiencing anything like this on 860NB's?
Jul 13, 2006
150 posts
71 upvotes
Make sure you turn off the ANC. You can use this function whether or not the the headphones are off/on and this will deplete your battery.
Jun 11, 2015
88 posts
66 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone had any trouble with these headphones, or getting a hold of Edifier? I've been having a lot of trouble.

I ordered the TWS5 from Edifier, and they were lousy overall. Trouble pairing, poor sound, mic made me sound like a robot (not ideal, unless you're a fan of C-3P0).

I've been having an even worse time with customer service. The support email listed on the website does not actually work, and when I filled out the support form someone contacted me shortly to say someone else would be reaching out to me soon to help. I received another email two days later from the same individual saying that they may take longer than expected... that was on June 14th.
I've sent a few emails since then to follow-up, but haven't heard back yet.

I'd strongly advise against ordering directly from Edifier, as well as the TWS5... can't vouch for their other products, but I won't be ordering any of their products again soon.
Dec 13, 2017
245 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I've had a very similar experience! Got my Edifier W855BT's on June 7 from Edifier and they worked well for 3 days. I loved the sound and fit. But then they stopped pairing, so I figured it was something I had done wrong. I charged them, tried pairing again and nothing, tried everything several times and then noticed the blue light doesn't flash on when they are turned on. I contacted Edifier through Facebook this past Wednesday and had a response later that day with a ticket number, and nothing since. So yesterday, I contacted them through the website, got a response with a different ticket number and nothing else yet.

I love these headphones, and will keep this thread posted as to the results with Edifier, but at this point, I'm wishing I'd paid more for the same ones from Amazon and got the Amazon guarantee.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2422 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
I ordered 2 times the H500 from amazon. On boths orders, I received the H300.
omar613 wrote: With a few tests the microphone quality wasn't that great. My colleagues said I sounded 'tinny'. My laptop's built-in mic sounds better. For a dedicated mic I was thinking of those Yetis that a lot of youtubers use but that's going way over budget.

As my focus is calls for work or zoom, I'll be returning the W860NB and buying a wired pair (like these Lenovo Legion H500 https://www.amazon.ca/microphone-antibr ... 530&sr=8-2).

If anything, I would consider getting the W820BT if I wanted a wireless pair just for listening to music as I don't really need ANC.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
2022 posts
8939 upvotes
grammasdeals wrote: I've had a very similar experience! Got my Edifier W855BT's on June 7 from Edifier and they worked well for 3 days. I loved the sound and fit. But then they stopped pairing, so I figured it was something I had done wrong. I charged them, tried pairing again and nothing, tried everything several times and then noticed the blue light doesn't flash on when they are turned on. I contacted Edifier through Facebook this past Wednesday and had a response later that day with a ticket number, and nothing since. So yesterday, I contacted them through the website, got a response with a different ticket number and nothing else yet.

I love these headphones, and will keep this thread posted as to the results with Edifier, but at this point, I'm wishing I'd paid more for the same ones from Amazon and got the Amazon guarantee.
Any updates?
how do i remove my signature?
Dec 13, 2017
245 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Yes, sorry, meant to reply sooner. I did finally get a response with instructions on how to reset the headphones and that did the trick! But it took many tries to get the response. I love the headphones, but I would recommend the Amazon route for customer service.
Nov 22, 2017
105 posts
65 upvotes
jimmod wrote: Did you tried using the audio cable ?
Strangely on Windows 10 when I use audio cable the microphone doesn't work, the audio output is working fine.
Did you figure out how to fix this? I've been trying to fix this on my computer for a while now and no luck :(
Aug 18, 2018
75 posts
79 upvotes
Childkangaroo wrote: Did you figure out how to fix this? I've been trying to fix this on my computer for a while now and no luck :(
I contacted Edifier support and they said:
Please know that it is totally normal. The microphone only works with Bluetooth.
:(
Nov 22, 2017
105 posts
65 upvotes
jimmod wrote: I contacted Edifier support and they said:

:(
Aw man :( thanks for letting me know though. Saved me wasting more time trying to fix it 🥲