Hot Deals

[Edifier] R1850DB Bookshelf Speakers 40% off + other speakers and headphones

Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2794 posts
1277 upvotes
West Coast
Buy and build a system from the sales on edifier or buy this: https://bestbuyca.o93x.net/c/341376/644 ... r/B0011677

Can get it for 1800 all in locally.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Nov 28, 2013
409 posts
240 upvotes
mikek33 wrote: Pretty sure TWS1 is the higher end model. Much longer battery life.
Good to know. What about voice quality? I have some Dudios from a previous RFD Hot Deal and they are awful for calls.
steerwheel wrote: So I see H840 headphones being mentioned. But what about P841? It is only $3 more but is supposed to be the improved version.

https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/headphones-earphones/p841
I don't know about specs, but I think the P841 is the same headphone that also has a built in mic. The H840 is just a headphone. That was a only difference between the two I was able to find.
Jun 25, 2013
21 posts
11 upvotes
waterduck wrote: For anyone is interested, I have the S350DB BNIB, for 250. PM if interested, in the GTA
Hey are these still available?

Also you don't have covid do you?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1268 posts
573 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Buy and build a system from the sales on edifier or buy this: https://bestbuyca.o93x.net/c/341376/644 ... r/B0011677

Can get it for 1800 all in locally.
Hi,
I have 3 sets of Edifier Speakers 980T, 1010BT and 1280T...... iam using only one set for TV at the moment...is there a way for me to connect all 3-sets and have a surround sound setup? Please advise and guide me a way to connect all 3 sets together ..considering these speakers are Active it does not require an amp.
Mar 6, 2012
118 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Just ordered a pair of R1850DB for the TV. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1801 posts
1196 upvotes
andyhejob wrote: How do you find the difference between S350DB and R1850DB? which is more strong, clean and crisp?
I'm not sure how accurate my assessment is so take it for what it's worth. I find the R1850 speakers to be more powerful in that it can fill a room better. If you have a subwoofer to connect to it, you're golden.

The speakers on the S350 are a bit smaller but with the subwoofer, I think it is perfect for a PC, especially for gaming. The bass on the 1850s aren't bad but it's not noticeable like with the 350 obviously.

As for the sound, they both sound amazing so I can't say which one is cleaner.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4238 posts
795 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Hi,
I have 3 sets of Edifier Speakers 980T, 1010BT and 1280T...... iam using only one set for TV at the moment...is there a way for me to connect all 3-sets and have a surround sound setup? Please advise and guide me a way to connect all 3 sets together ..considering these speakers are Active it does not require an amp.
You need a pre-amp that can take a digital surround audio signal over HDMI or digital coaxial/optical and then output analog audio over three sets of RCA audio cables. Something like this:

https://www.ebay.ca/i/122652299054?chn= ... gLc-_D_BwE
Mar 6, 2012
118 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Sebrondeau wrote: Just ordered a pair of R1850DB for the TV. Thanks OP!
Shipping was crazy fast already got them, via Intelcom in an Amazon box.... I am quite happy with them so far, tested Bluetooth with my phone. Will test with the TV in the next few days.
Mar 11, 2012
126 posts
19 upvotes
I bought some headphones on Primecables that had ANC at 30$, I'm surprised even the 80$ here don't have that.

Which of the Bluetooth headphones are the best "bang for your bucks" in term of build/sound quality? I might just pick up another pair of 30$ one, not sure if the other ones are worth it. The 100$ ones are kind of iffy for me as they don't fold.
Nov 19, 2018
7 posts
Thank you! It seems to me that a wired system, with receiver, centre and sub is a better way to go then these bluetooth systems for home theatre set-up?

I'm planning for an 85" Sony TV with tower speakers on either side, etc. etc. Am I correct in my assumption that I should ignore options like Edifier? My needs are 50% television; 30% movies; 20% video games. Appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
Sep 23, 2014
603 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kubomb wrote: Thank you! It seems to me that a wired system, with receiver, centre and sub is a better way to go then these bluetooth systems for home theatre set-up?

I'm planning for an 85" Sony TV with tower speakers on either side, etc. etc. Am I correct in my assumption that I should ignore options like Edifier? My needs are 50% television; 30% movies; 20% video games. Appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
Yea, Edifier speakers are more suitable for music or nearfield listening. For your case i think it's much better to go with true surround.
Jan 16, 2017
102 posts
60 upvotes
Burlington
Just got my 1850s today. Really fast shipping from Amazon fulfillment center. Shipped via INTELCOM. Took a day to be delivered in Ontario.

Something that did surprise me, the speaker cabinets are gloss black on the sides; very prone to dust and fingerprints. I also have the 1700s and those are wood-finish cabinets.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2014
308 posts
174 upvotes
Mississauga
SLee wrote: You need a pre-amp that can take a digital surround audio signal over HDMI or digital coaxial/optical and then output analog audio over three sets of RCA audio cables. Something like this:

https://www.ebay.ca/i/122652299054?chn= ... gLc-_D_BwE
That's a very interesting device. Have you tried it? I wonder how's the quality. I want to potentially use some PA speakers for movie experience out of HDMI.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4238 posts
795 upvotes
fayfayfay wrote: That's a very interesting device. Have you tried it? I wonder how's the quality. I want to potentially use some PA speakers for movie experience out of HDMI.
Sorry, no experience. But given the current era of many cheap devices with decent quality DACs, I'd assume it'll be pretty good.
May 31, 2019
6 posts
7 upvotes
Just got these speakers for $149, connected them to the TV and used them on Bluetooth from my phone, very easy to set up and sounded amazing. If your sitting on the fence about them, just buy them you will not regret them at this price. Thanks op