Hot Deals

[Edifier] R1850DB Bookshelf Speakers 40% off + other speakers and headphones

May 4, 2018
176 posts
109 upvotes
upgraded from Bose Companion 2 Series 2 for my computer setup. I'm going to need a bigger desk.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1166 posts
170 upvotes
Holy cow! The speakers are pretty nice! I picked up the R2000DB and hooked it up to an LG OLED C7 TV.
Very impressed with how well made these speakers are and the sound. Surprised at quality.
It even connects to the FireTV remote which I find finicky (doesn't like my Denon Ceol Piccolo mini-receiver).

Strange how it came in an Amazon box.
Dec 2, 2019
17 posts
11 upvotes
Hey guys I know theres already plenty of talk about them out there but I just purchased the 1850. And for one it took literally a day to ship to my house. For 2, the speakers are phenomenal for the price. I haven't sat down and listened to music like that in years! Perhaps couple it with the free nin albums.
Oct 14, 2012
79 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
How are people getting their orders so quickly... I ordered on Sunday and they still haven't given me a tracking number. Customer service response time is next business day. My experience has been one word, SLOW.

Edit: BTW I purchased the S3000 Pro, I'm assuming Amazon isn't fulfilling those orders.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1830 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
Did I need another pair of speakers? Not really, but all this hype for the 1850s made me order a set to replace a Bose soundlink mini 2 I was using in my garage. Wonder if I can wall mount these somehow...
Aug 2, 2014
334 posts
257 upvotes
Vancity
boing388 wrote: How are people getting their orders so quickly... I ordered on Sunday and they still haven't given me a tracking number. Customer service response time is next business day. My experience has been one word, SLOW.

Edit: BTW I purchased the S3000 Pro, I'm assuming Amazon isn't fulfilling those orders.
I bought the s3000pro. Its coming from Ontario. I'm in Vancouver. It's been 7 days since I ordered, due to arrive tomorrow. It's coming directly from edifier I'm pretty sure.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2965 posts
663 upvotes
BC
yeti13 wrote: I bought the s3000pro. Its coming from Ontario. I'm in Vancouver. It's been 7 days since I ordered, due to arrive tomorrow. It's coming directly from edifier I'm pretty sure.
Edifier is based out of Vancouver as far as I know. Maybe it’s coming straight from China?
Aug 2, 2014
334 posts
257 upvotes
Vancity
Ren wrote: Edifier is based out of Vancouver as far as I know. Maybe it’s coming straight from China?
Canada.post tracking says shipped from Ottawa, Ontario. I'll have a look at the senders address when I get it tomorrow.

So, what's the best way to connect the s3000's to a modern 4k, Dolby TV?
Dec 10, 2003
439 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver #1
There was some coupon error on Grand and Toy that brought the price of the S3000 close to $500. The 350 was about $200. I facepalm myself for missing out on this deal while I was trying to make up my mind. Amazon had a daily deal on the S2000 for $350.

Since the time machine does not exist, these are the best deal you can find on Edifiers at the moment so snatch them up while you can or you will be endlessly waiting.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1875 posts
208 upvotes
NB
dxxalf wrote: Just got my 1850s today. Really fast shipping from Amazon fulfillment center. Shipped via INTELCOM. Took a day to be delivered in Ontario.

Something that did surprise me, the speaker cabinets are gloss black on the sides; very prone to dust and fingerprints. I also have the 1700s and those are wood-finish cabinets.
Does the gloss finish look like it would scratch easily?
Aug 23, 2013
50 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Colin0317 wrote: Does the gloss finish look like it would scratch easily?
Not going to try...but yes it does. It looks like a piano gloss black finish, really wish they went with matte. Sounds great though!

Dimensions are large so make sure you measure before buying.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13960 posts
2433 upvotes
Toronto
FlashFlood wrote: Would you guys recommend anything for a living room TV? I need something better than built-in, and can hook up to a nvidia shield pro...
For the TV, I would rather get this: https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/4 ... sku=YAS108

I have used these and they sound really good for size/price point. This is ideal if you don't need a huge sub but just want decent fuller sound.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Sep 8, 2019
5 posts
9 upvotes
hey guys, just to let you know i bought the R1850DB and holy crap the sound is awesome.

Coming from the edifier e10 i am really impressed.

The shipping was really fast too ordered @10.40am yesterday and got it today.

I am happy that i pulled the trigger.
Nov 23, 2017
31 posts
30 upvotes
Can I connect the P12s or R1850DB directly to my laptop/PC setup on my desk? Can these be used as desktop speakers for PC audio output?