Hot Deals

[Edifier] R1850DB Bookshelf Speakers 40% off + other speakers and headphones

Feb 24, 2018
282 posts
137 upvotes
Anyone bought the P180, P190, H190, or K180 earbuds?

I bought the H180 earbuds off AliExpress a while back for like $10 and while they're fairly good, I've found other Chinese earbuds in that same $5-20 price range on AE to have a more fuller soundstage if that makes any sense.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1267 posts
571 upvotes
PHuth2 wrote: Anyone bought the P180, P190, H190, or K180 earbuds?

I bought the H180 earbuds off AliExpress a while back for like $10 and while they're fairly good, I've found other Chinese earbuds in that same $5-20 price range on AE to have a more fuller soundstage if that makes any sense.
I bought W800BT( from Edifier) and W800BT (from Amazon for $69+tax) , both are awesome thinking to keep both. I use Fire TV stick it has bluetooth, so my TV to headphones is now wireless
Jan 3, 2012
624 posts
224 upvotes
Richmond Hill
QuintonFlynn wrote: I run the R1850DB setup with a 12" Polk sub and it's an incredible setup. For $250 altogether (bought on Kijiji used) it's a hell of a deal for such a good sound setup. The bass is booming, the mids are good and the highs are good. This isn't the incredibly crisp, experience-changing level you may want from a $1000-$2000 setup, but this is a great setup for a budget theatre experience, and probably the best thing you can buy at this price point. Also of note is the convenient bluetooth of the R1850DBs, which I use a couple times a week. The bluetooth makes it easy to switch from listening on the TV to firing music from my phone.

I bought this for $150 used. Knowing how much I've enjoyed them for the past 16 months, I'd buy these for $150 new without hesitation.

I have just set up the R1850Bb and found out that pushing in the 4 pin interconnect cable for the two speakers was quite hard having to align them properly but once I started playing my flac music files on this via bluetooth, it is definitely worth $150 +tax and comparable to my Audio engine speakers

For reference I'm comparing the sound quality from the R1850DB/12"sub to a pair of Denon AH-D9200 headphones.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2014
308 posts
174 upvotes
Mississauga
Dante19 wrote: This might be a dumb questions but how do these compare to tower speakers? I'm looking to build a 5.1 system but I'm in no rush. The S3000Pro seems nicely reviewed, but would I be better off getting towers or waiting for them to drop more?
That's actually a very legit question. While the sound quality is better than entry level tower speakers and the sound stage is very similar. Using powered speakers for a 5.1 setup will be a bit of a hassle. Assuming you use a regular receiver (amplifier) as the decoder, most receivers do not have line level output (think your headphone signal) to powered speakers. They only come with speaker output which are meant to 'power' or 'drive' the speakers.
May 16, 2013
16 posts
10 upvotes
Vaughan
major wrote: Thanks OP. Bought a set of the P12's (low risk for $60). I was looking for an excuse to replace a pair of older Advent speakers that probably need refoaming.
How do the P12's sound? Do you like them?
Jun 15, 2001
469 posts
110 upvotes
T.O.
hongbai wrote: How do the P12's sound? Do you like them?
Not as much bass as the Advent floor speakers they're replacing but still great sound. Good enough to provide nice ambient music for the living room space where I'm using (approx 25' x 20').
Jun 1, 2008
699 posts
222 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I've been looking for a pair of speakers for my studio. I picked up the R1010BT. Cheaper than Amazon. Thanks!
[OP]
Feb 10, 2014
308 posts
174 upvotes
Mississauga
major wrote: Not as much bass as the Advent floor speakers they're replacing but still great sound. Good enough to provide nice ambient music for the living room space where I'm using (approx 25' x 20').
I'm sure you are not expecting as much bass from a small bookshelf setup anyway.
Nov 20, 2011
47 posts
6 upvotes
SURREY
Just ordered the R1850DB for my desk since I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future. Wanted the Sonos One but thought this was a better value.

Wondering if anyone has connected a Chromecast Audio to these and if that works better than Bluetooth on these?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1267 posts
571 upvotes
JordanO81 wrote: Just ordered the R1850DB for my desk since I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future. Wanted the Sonos One but thought this was a better value.

Wondering if anyone has connected a Chromecast Audio to these and if that works better than Bluetooth on these?
Bluetooth works fine... you won’t need any third party dongles
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8379 posts
6195 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP! Ordered the R1850DB like everyone else ;P