Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Edifier

R1850DB Bookshelf Speakers 40% off + other speakers and headphones

Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
roedoe wrote: Don't see h840 anywhere
https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/headphone ... -ergonomic

Still on the website but not on the sale any longer.
I will be returning mine h840 unopened, because I decided to go with wireless edifier headphones.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Nov 23, 2017
811 posts
549 upvotes
Does Edifier sell any bookshelf speakers with Bluetooth that supports pairing 2 devices at the same time?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2900 posts
1583 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: I know this is a huge ask,so I understand if you can’t, but would you be able to try and see if the remote works with the r1850? I went into the fire tv settings and they don’t list the r1850, but maybe another profile works (maybe 1700). Based on your comment I guess we can rule out the r2000db

Models listed are:
R2000db
S1000db
R1700bt
E25
R1280t
S2000 pro

Thanks!
I didn't even realize that you might be able to replace the remote on this with something better. I'd be interested. The remote for my 1850db is garbage.
Mar 5, 2007
542 posts
591 upvotes
laprade_a wrote: I'm going to add to your dilemma. In some countries the Pro has been replaced by the S2000 MKIII which has Bluetooth 5.0 with aptx HD and a smaller remote. It sells for the same price as the older Pro and looks like the S3000PRO. It's listed on Edifier's website and Amazon as currently out of stock/unavailable. I'm holding out for that one when it goes on sale many months down the road.
Thanks for the tip! I was about to pull the trigger on the S2000Pros (currently @$380). My ancient S2.1Ds are on their last legs (SPDIF input stopped working a couple of years ago, have been getting a lot of static in the left speaker over the past few weeks), but maybe I'll try to limp through until the MKIIIs are available (and go on sale...) in Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
laprade_a wrote:
I'm going to add to your dilemma. In some countries the Pro has been replaced by the S2000 MKIII which has Bluetooth 5.0 with aptx HD and a smaller remote. It sells for the same price as the older Pro and looks like the S3000PRO. It's listed on Edifier's website and Amazon as currently out of stock/unavailable. I'm holding out for that one when it goes on sale many months down the road.
For same/similar price, the MKIII is an obvious decision but I'm hoping the S2000 will get cheaper (somewhere close to 300 atleast) which is when I was hoping to grab it.

But Bluetooth 5.0 + APTXHD are huge upgrades imo (remote not so much as I plan to use my Logitech Harmony anyways) so I def need to re-think my plan. Ugh...

P.S. Atleast this means the S2000 series is better than S350DB? Atleast that's one product out of my shortlist...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
kooltilltheen wrote: For same/similar price, the MKIII is an obvious decision but I'm hoping the S2000 will get cheaper (somewhere close to 300 atleast) which is when I was hoping to grab it.

But Bluetooth 5.0 + APTXHD are huge upgrades imo (remote not so much as I plan to use my Logitech Harmony anyways) so I def need to re-think my plan. Ugh...

P.S. Atleast this means the S2000 series is better than S350DB? Atleast that's one product out of my shortlist...
There's always the option to buy the current product if it is a hot price, then an accessory bluetooth dongle that supports BT 5.0 and aptX HD and LL etc etc for $35 to $50, connect via the RCA input, and you have a product you'll be using for likely a year before you see a sale on the MIII product.

Just a thought.

Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
NewsyL wrote: There's always the option to buy the current product if it is a hot price, then an accessory bluetooth dongle that supports BT 5.0 and aptX HD and LL etc etc for $35 to $50, connect via the RCA input, and you have a product you'll be using for likely a year before you see a sale on the MIII product.

Just a thought.

True, I'll def look for accessories when I find a good sale on S2000 Pro first haha
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1390 posts
1176 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: I know this is a huge ask,so I understand if you can’t, but would you be able to try and see if the remote works with the r1850? I went into the fire tv settings and they don’t list the r1850, but maybe another profile works (maybe 1700). Based on your comment I guess we can rule out the r2000db

Models listed are:
R2000db
S1000db
R1700bt
E25
R1280t
S2000 pro

Thanks!
None of these IR codes work with the 1850db from my experience. I’m glad you guys are finally talking about this. I asked whether anyone was able to locate the IR code for the 1850s a few pages back. Apparently Edifier won’t disclose the IR code from other forum posts I’ve read. I guess Edifier support has said that the device isn’t compatible with other remotes.
This is likely BS
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1765 posts
835 upvotes
Jordanferras wrote: None of these IR codes work with the 1850db from my experience. I’m glad you guys are finally talking about this. I asked whether anyone was able to locate the IR code for the 1850s a few pages back. Apparently Edifier won’t disclose the IR code from other forum posts I’ve read. I guess Edifier support has said that the device isn’t compatible with other remotes.
This is likely BS
Crap, then this set is a wash for me. Really wanna use one remote for everything.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: Crap, then this set is a wash for me. Really wanna use one remote for everything.
Sorry man, I can confirm. None of the codes seem to work. Real bummer. The R2000DB sounds better anyhow if you want to try that. It's $199.
If you *REALLY* need a subwoofer out, you can always just use a splitter (I do that for the ultra low frequency stuff). The sub out on my 1850 doesn't sound as good as my splitter too.

By the way, I'll see if my Shield Remote will work with the R1850DB in case anyone wants to give that a go.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1765 posts
835 upvotes
nambit wrote: Sorry man, I can confirm. None of the codes seem to work. Real bummer. The R2000DB sounds better anyhow if you want to try that. It's $199.
If you *REALLY* need a subwoofer out, you can always just use a splitter (I do that for the ultra low frequency stuff). The sub out on my 1850 doesn't sound as good as my splitter too.

By the way, I'll see if my Shield Remote will work with the R1850DB in case anyone wants to give that a go.
Is the r2000 worth the extra $50? It’s getting pricy, initially I wanted the 1700, then got convinced to get the 1850, now the 2000 lol.

Nvm, looked up the dimensions, they’re too big for my shelf. The 1700/1850 just fit.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Ugh. Which would be a better choice to use with my older iMac and iPhone , iPad etc.

R1850DB Or. Luna e25? Not Luna HD25.

Thanks
Dec 2, 2003
72 posts
37 upvotes
Waterloo
Just an FYI to anyone looking to purchase from Edifier directly. I received my R1850DB a few weeks ago, immediately plugged them into my electric piano, and got a really bad cabinet resonance from the left speaker when playing notes on one of the upper octaves. The right speaker is fine.

Opened a ticket asking for a refund, and it's been 10 days and I haven't gotten a response. Opened another ticket this afternoon. So between the quality issue, the lack of customer service, and the crap return policy (customer pays shipping), I've soured on this company.
May 15, 2012
838 posts
543 upvotes
NORTH YORK
elduderino wrote: Just an FYI to anyone looking to purchase from Edifier directly. I received my R1850DB a few weeks ago, immediately plugged them into my electric piano, and got a really bad cabinet resonance from the left speaker when playing notes on one of the upper octaves. The right speaker is fine.

Opened a ticket asking for a refund, and it's been 10 days and I haven't gotten a response. Opened another ticket this afternoon. So between the quality issue, the lack of customer service, and the crap return policy (customer pays shipping), I've soured on this company.
Had same experience as my last comment here. I've been waiting for the refund since Apr 17. They initially said sorry they were working to respond with a delay. Been silent since 3 weeks ago no matter how you ask...

I also had such experience with eb games in the last month. If 0 customer service can be provided, they should have shut down their business without taking any order.

I'm gonna file a chargeback instead of meaningless waiting.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
ericornucopia wrote: Returned a product (tracked mailing at my own expense) on Apr 4. No refund yet and they stopped replying to my email since 3 weeks ago. Incredibly bad customer service even taking covid 19 into consideration. Will request a PayPal chargeback next week. First time ever I have to do so.

ericornucopia wrote: Had same experience as my last comment here. I've been waiting for the refund since Apr 17. They initially said sorry they were working to respond with a delay. Been silent since 3 weeks ago no matter how you ask...

I also had such experience with eb games in the last month. If 0 customer service can be provided, they should have shut down their business without taking any order.

I'm gonna file a chargeback instead of meaningless waiting.
April 4 or April 17 ? How many returns have you made.
I going to return some unopened headphones to edifier next week. Will see how it goes.
Did you get PayPal to reimburse shipping charges ?
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Good to know. Customer service is important to me.
Nov 24, 2006
148 posts
58 upvotes
Wanted to buy decent speakers to hook
Up to a turntable. Comparing 1850 vs 2000.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks
May 10, 2010
940 posts
1483 upvotes
Kenora
Ordered the R1850DB. $169 after tax, not bad! I was looking at similar ones on Amazon a few weeks ago, I'm glad I held off!
May 15, 2012
838 posts
543 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ukrainiandude wrote: April 4 or April 17 ? How many returns have you made.
I going to return some unopened headphones to edifier next week. Will see how it goes.
Did you get PayPal to reimburse shipping charges ?
Shipped from Toronto to BC, sent on 4th delivered 17th. Did not realize I could have claimed from PayPal. It seems they can cover up to $30 but has to claim within 30 days, now it passed that timeframe......

I only returned 1 product, speakers brand new sealed.
Oct 5, 2010
871 posts
330 upvotes
I tried to contact them to support@edifier.com but got a hk-proxy-41141 recipient is not exist error. mmmm this doesn't look good lol and they charged me even if its not shipped yet.

EDIT : their support ticket system works. they answered me quickly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)