[OP]
Mar 11, 2019
2 posts

edited

edited
Last edited by carfax on Dec 18th, 2019 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
9 replies
Feb 17, 2015
834 posts
902 upvotes
Canada
avoid curbsiders when buying a vehicle privately
Dec 16, 2008
987 posts
409 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Only Cops can do that as this is a privacy related matter.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8821 upvotes
Toronto
carfax wrote: Please let me know. I have ordered uvip, but there's no address info. Is there any way I can get such info? Thank you.
Spend more money and hire a private investigator you stalker.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 25, 2018
659 posts
1204 upvotes
That's good to know. I saw someone saying UVIP contains owner info on this forum before.

If you don't know the person's address and the person would not tell you, you shouldn't know his/her address.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35231 posts
21214 upvotes
Center of Universe
AlicW93740 wrote: That's good to know. I saw someone saying UVIP contains owner info on this forum before.

If you don't know the person's address and the person would not tell you, you shouldn't know his/her address.
What you get
You need to provide a used vehicle information package (UVIP) to a buyer when you sell a pre-owned vehicle.

This package contains:

the vehicle details (including the year, make, model, colour, body type, cylinders and power)
a vehicle registration history in Ontario (including all present and previous owners, their city of residence and odometer reading)
the package will include information about the vehicle currently attached to that plate number
Vehicle lien information (a lien claimant has a right to the car or the amount owed from you)
the average wholesale value of the vehicle (minimum value on which Retail Sales Tax (RST) will apply)
Retail Sales Tax (RST) information
Condition of the vehicle:
if it’s mechanically unfit and has not received a Safety Standards Certificate
if it’s been completely dismantled or crushed
bill of sale section
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2148 posts
1384 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
vkizzle wrote: What you get
You need to provide a used vehicle information package (UVIP) to a buyer when you sell a pre-owned vehicle.

the package will include information about the vehicle currently attached to that plate number
It has been some time since I had to obtain a UVIP, but are you sure of this, as opposed to the VIN number being used?
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Inklings & Clues accumulated'"
Oct 25, 2014
164 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
carfax wrote: Please let me know. I have ordered uvip, but there's no address info. Is there any way I can get such info? Thank you.
LOL i feel like someone pissed off OP on the road and now he is looking to track him down and pay him a visit
Nov 27, 2019
15 posts
4 upvotes
This seems like a good way to get yourself in trouble OP.