Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Edmonton Best Hotels

Edmonton Staycation: Big Box Offer (Get 175$ in costco and IKEA cards for a two night stay)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 12:18 am
Mar 9, 2019
453 posts
1703 upvotes
St. John's

Edmonton Staycation: Big Box Offer (Get 175$ in costco and IKEA cards for a two night stay)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2020
Retailer:
Edmonton Best Hotels
Here is a decent staycation deal for all western RFD members. I just booked a two night hotel for 250$ tax in and will receive a 100$ Costco card and a 75$ IKEA card on check in at the hotel.

They also have a 175$ restaurant gift card for two night stays in Edmonton.

The site seems legit as it’s been around for a few years and has an active Facebook and links to tourism Edmonton.

If this deal is terrible please leave that feedback but I ask you do not downvote just because it’s Edmonton exclusive!

I am aware Covid is ongoing but it’s something close to home and a way for people in the area to shop and try to restart the economy.

Terms of deal are here:
The Big Box Shop Deal

Stay one night, get a $50 Costco Card & a $25 Ikea Card; Stay two nights, get a $50 Costco Card & a $50 Ikea Card. Up to $175 added value.

Terms & Conditions:

Reserve minimum 48 hours prior to arrival.
Deal is not available for stays booked less than 48 hours prior to arrival.
Deal must be reserved through EdmontonsBestHotels.com.
Reservations made directly with hotels are not applicable, will not be modified for deal inclusions.
Reservations cannot be extended by hotels for additional inclusions.
Cards are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, have no cash value, no cash back.
Deal is net non-commissionable.
Package available to book between July 13, 2020 to August 31, 2020(or while supplies last) FOR STAYS FROM July 15 to September 5, 2020 inclusive in order to qualify for promotion.
Substitutions of equivalent kind, value may be made as necessary.
Cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount, or offer.
A GIFT PER NIGHT, per room up to 2 nights; Must be consecutive nights, under one reservation at one property.
Last edited by Damians2012 on Jul 28th, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Mar 9, 2019
453 posts
1703 upvotes
St. John's
Reposting link:

https://edmontonsbesthotels.com/promotion/big-box/
Last edited by Damians2012 on Jul 28th, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 27, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
Cheapest I could find was $199. 47 after tax.... Minus the $175 in gift cards so it's $24.47 out of pocket for 2 nights.... pretty good!!

Might be especially good for those chasing status with a hotel chain
Feb 24, 2009
889 posts
410 upvotes
Awesome deal op I needed to head down to Edmonton for a few nights next month and this works perfect for that!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1950 posts
1549 upvotes
Shmeta wrote: Cheapest I could find was $199. 47 after tax.... Minus the $175 in gift cards so it's $24.47 out of pocket for 2 nights.... pretty good!!

Might be especially good for those chasing status with a hotel chain
You typically cannot collect points towards status while using promos like this.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Nov 13, 2009
307 posts
85 upvotes
What perfect timing! I need to say in Edmonton for about 5-6 nights.

I wonder if you can book multiple 2 nights stays for more gift cards

Thanks for posting the deal!
Mar 9, 2019
453 posts
1703 upvotes
St. John's
99dmg wrote: What perfect timing! I need to say in Edmonton for about 5-6 nights.

I wonder if you can book multiple 2 nights stays for more gift cards

Thanks for posting the deal!
On Facebook someone asked this and they said if it’s separate 2 night bookings they will do 175 each booking but you must book more than 48 hours before travel!
Apr 22, 2020
276 posts
429 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks for posting this, worked out perfect for our short trip to Edmonton. Booked 2 rooms for a night and got 2 x $75 cards ($150 total) towards dining! Sweet deal
Oct 27, 2016
508 posts
2136 upvotes
Ended up getting $100 Costco and $100 Ikea for 2 nights

Couldn't be happier
May 9, 2005
181 posts
193 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
The Big Box option seems to be gone. I can only see the Staycation (Ultimate Dining) option.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5843 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like I am late to the party. But was able to grab the $175 dinning card. Not too bad. For sure won't beat the Costco + Ikea one as those will never go on sale. Dinning card I evalulate at 80% of the face value.

I also signed up for a code "OPTIN10" which gives $10 for coffee shop, no idea how that works though..
Mar 9, 2019
453 posts
1703 upvotes
St. John's
FragmentsOfLife wrote: Ended up getting $100 Costco and $100 Ikea for 2 nights

Couldn't be happier
Were your cards at the hotel check in on arrival? It seems like they gave a few people 100$ at IKEA which is a nice bonus.
Sep 11, 2017
32 posts
5 upvotes
For those that have used this promo, is it eligible for points/status with chains (Marriott, for example)? Would be great to stack with the current 2,500 pts per night promotion