Off Topic Archive

Locked: Edmonton terror attack

Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
ashs wrote: These radicals want u to hate casual Muslims to further create more radicals. People can hate Islam all they want, but spreading hate and marginalizing good Muslims is not the answer.
Then it's up to "casual Muslims" in Canada to do everything they can to show they stand with Canadians and help them fight Muslim extremism.

In North America we've become fed up of free societies (who have our own problems already) opening our lands to cultures who wind up committing heinous acts against us. We know the cultural background these people have, and so for "casual Muslims" they either decide to fight extremism with us, with a mutual level of tenacity, or they stay quiet and do nothing and get lumped in with the extremists.

Being the quiet "casual" enablers of extremism in the Middle East (that often runs entire countries) is clearly not something we want here.
Last edited by AndySixx on Oct 1st, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2834 posts
107 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote: o

M103 is a symbolic step in the wrong direction .

I find that people pull the race card each time they are losing a discussion . Disagreeing with the government does not make you a bigot .

Our goverment is a joke .

There is nothing wrong with Motion 103. The condemning Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination is the right thing to do.

I don't understand why people would be against it. If ur against specific faiths that's fine but this is anti hate law, and specifically the promotion of hate. Everyone has the right to dislike things but when ur mission is to do nothing but propagate hatred then u have issues.
Last edited by ashs on Oct 1st, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2834 posts
107 upvotes
AndySixx wrote: Then it's up to "casual Muslims" in Canada to do everything they can to show they stand with Canadians and help them fight Muslim extremism.

In North America we've become fed up of free societies (who have our own problems already) opening our lands to cultures who wind up committing heinous acts against us. We know the cultural background these people have, and so for "casual Muslims" they either decide to fight extremism with us, with a mutual level of tenacity, or they stay quiet and do nothing and get lumped in with the extremists.

Being the quiet "casual" enablers of extremism in the Middle East (that often runs entire countries) is clearly not something we want here.

Fair enough, but the casuals I know do not agree with Isis and do condemn it and alert authorities when they notice people radicalizing as well.

Are all white people responsible for the acts of some? Are all Christians responsible for the acts of the KKK? It isn't fair to lump them all together either.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8535 posts
2594 upvotes
ashs wrote: There is nothing wrong with Motion 103. The condemning Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination is the right thing to do.

I don't understand why people would be against it. Of ur against specific faiths that's fine but this is anti hate law, and specifically the promotion of hate. Everyone has the right on dislike things but when ur mission is too do nothing but propagate hatred then u have issues.
because Islamophobia is not religious discrimination and it is not racism (otherwise it would not have been specified separately in the above statement) so the government has created a new category which they cannot define. That's the problem
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"

"There are no bad teams, only bad leaders.”
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2834 posts
107 upvotes
blexann wrote: because Islamophobia is not religious discrimination and it is not racism (otherwise it would not have been specified separately in the above statement) so the government has created a new category which they cannot define. That's the problem

Then they need to clearly state what Islamophobia is, because for me it's the propagation of hatred against
Muslims. Historically Muslims have hated on other faiths as have other faiths. Hopefully this motion gets clarified as hating on anyone just for the sake of is stupid. Antiracism laws are right and the only people who would say otherwise are racists.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
ashs wrote: Fair enough, but the casuals I know do not agree with Isis and do condemn it and alert authorities when they notice people radicalizing as well.

Are all white people responsible for the acts of some? Are all Christians responsible for the acts of the KKK? It isn't fair to lump them all together either.
It's funny you mention this..

Historically we already went through this with white Christians a multitude of times.

They were the enablers of slavery, the enablers of Jim Crow and heinous acts against blacks, the enablers of oppressing women, the enablers of discrimination against gays. Did they not see their rightful backlash?

So my question is, why would this group be excluded? They are equally a threat to free liberal society as the prior examples were.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2834 posts
107 upvotes
AndySixx wrote: It's funny you mention this..

Historically we already went through this with white Christians a multitude of times.

They were the enablers of slavery, the enablers of Jim Crow and heinous acts against blacks, the enablers of oppressing women, the enablers of discrimination against gays. Did they not see their rightful backlash?

So my question is, why would this group be excluded? They are equally a threat to free liberal society as the prior examples were.
Hating on them in hopes of changing them is futile and will only further galvanize and further the ranks of isis. 99% of them are no different than u and me.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
ashs wrote: Hating on them in hopes of changing them is futile and will only further galvanize and further the ranks of isis. 99% of them are no different than u and me.
It's not about hating them. It's about if Muslims want to be part of Canadian society, they adopt to Canadian values. Attacking people is not Canadian values. If the overwhelming majority of "casual Muslims" cannot scrutinize their own people adequately, as is often the case where Islamic extremism runs the Muslim world, the only direction to go from here is increasing scrutiny of Muslims, barring Muslims from coming to Canada, and increasingly draconian measures to ensure free society can function. There's a prevailing idea among leftists that we need to just get accustomed to terrorism. Like hell.
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2017
494 posts
115 upvotes
ashs wrote: These radicals want u to hate casual Muslims to further create more radicals. People can hate Islam all they want, but spreading hate and marginalizing good Muslims is not the answer.
I have a crazy idea. How about those "good' muslims leave Islam? Think about it. They now have the opportunity to live in a country where it is safe, peaceful, and full of prosperity. Is it too much to ask for? Is banging your head against the floor so important in a modern civilization?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4212 posts
887 upvotes
ashs wrote: There is nothing wrong with Motion 103. The condemning Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination is the right thing to do.

I don't understand why people would be against it. If ur against specific faiths that's fine but this is anti hate law, and specifically the promotion of hate. Everyone has the right to dislike things but when ur mission is to do nothing but propagate hatred then u have issues.
Mot sure where I`m propagating hatred . It`s people like you that are doing this . Calling me out just because I have a different opinion . No faith should be mentioned by name . All should be protected equally . I fight for all to be protected .
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1678 posts
204 upvotes
Insane what happened we were all out last night when all of this happened a few blocks from us.
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
This is all orchastrated by the top level elite zionists. I know to most people who havent done hours upon hours of research this sounds out there but unfortunately it is true. Truth is stranger than fiction. The whole war on terror, 911 and now the undermining of western nations was all planned well in advance. They purposely want to divide and distract the masses so we dont realize who the real enemy of the people is and has always been.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
heat?? wrote: Insane what happened we were all out last night when all of this happened a few blocks from us.
Hopefully everyone you know is safe.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2834 posts
107 upvotes
AndySixx wrote: It's not about hating them. It's about if Muslims want to be part of Canadian society, they adopt to Canadian values. Attacking people is not Canadian values. If the overwhelming majority of "casual Muslims" cannot scrutinize their own people adequately, as is often the case where Islamic extremism runs the Muslim world, the only direction to go from here is increasing scrutiny of Muslims, barring Muslims from coming to Canada, and increasingly draconian measures to ensure free society can function. There's a prevailing idea among leftists that we need to just get accustomed to terrorism. Like hell.

Nobody should ever get used to terrorism. That's bs. I don't agree with yiur scrutinizing Muslims. One of my best friends who was a devout Muslim recently has become athiest because he use to argue with Isis sympathizers on websites and realized they are all insane. Islam like other religion will change and adopt accordingly on their own they don't need us hating on them;historically this has an opposite affect.

And your argument on '' Canadian values '', apologies but when ever I hear terms like that, to me it's code for white vs non white norms. I'm a Sikh I grew up in Peterborough and I loved all the people around me and try to be as respectful to all as I can but some will always see me as a threat or imposition on their way of living even if I don't care to change anyone. So to some my appearance alone would challenge your notion of normalcy.

Just as u said Islamophobia needs to be defined, so does your notion of Canadian values.
Last edited by ashs on Oct 1st, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1678 posts
204 upvotes
AndySixx wrote: Hopefully everyone you know is safe.
Ya we've all been messaging eachother this morning.

Edmonton Police really did an amazing job. It could have been much much worse.