Off Topic Archive

Locked: Edmonton terror attack

Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
duckhawk wrote: I don't agree with it either, but we need to even out the playing field because society doesn't act rationally. There will always be a radical religious nut who will get offended by sattire and blow up a building or shoot a bus. Thus the only two options we have is either refine our laws "hate" laws or ban religion (lol).
To me the even playing field is what we already had. I don't see what else we need to accommodate people? Most of it just seems like redundant re-assertion of already existing charter freedoms. Other parts a pre-emptive attempt to give special privileges to people they never had or should have to silence others. So at best it's a symbolic waste of time.. at worst, it's step 1 of implementing authoritarian speech policies.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14244 posts
1128 upvotes
AndySixx wrote: "stabbed by man with ISIS flag"

I think most of us assume other people don't need their hand held to be told who was responsible when the information was already released.
No, just missed that part of the story.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 1st, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed personal attack
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Jun 5, 2015
968 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AndySixx wrote: "stabbed by man with ISIS flag"

I think most of us assume other people don't need their hand held to be told who was responsible when the information was already released.
What if this is a Christian fundamentalist posing as Islamic extremist ? Or even worse , an Islamic extremist posing as Christian fundamentalist posing as Islamic extremist
Dec 14, 2007
136 posts
2 upvotes
ashs wrote: There are Muslims who work for the government who are actively seeking radicals and giving leads. How else do u want them to show they are against Isis and radicals? How do Catholics condemn the acts of some pedophiles?

I don't know a single Muslim who agrees with Isis or that ideology yet u seem to think all Muslims support it by not wearing a badge that says they are against them.
Please read Qur'an, Sunna, Hadith and Sīra. You will know who are the real Muslims.
I give up.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17547 posts
1096 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Discount wrote: This is all orchastrated by the top level elite zionists.
Uh, ok then.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24242 posts
2992 upvotes
Montreal
Neon8000 wrote: We don't have Islamophobia problem. We have islamic supremacy problem. ex: M103.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
what if ... islam is not a religion of peace , but the opposite ... and to fight against islamic terrorism or muslim terrorists is to fight with islam (ideology) ... no matter if most of the followers of that ideology are just a "casual Muslims" ...
May 8, 2015
71 posts
39 upvotes
All over the place
Hehe. The thread keeps getting better. Gotta love the internet!

The idiocy and hatred shown in this thread is exactly what these brainwashed fanatics want to happen; division and confusion.

Keep it going!! :D
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24242 posts
2992 upvotes
Montreal
heynayjk wrote: Not sure if you got the memo but Christianity is dying religion. People are leaving it. Besides, even if they didn't, Christianity currently doesn't have the same problems Islam does. You very rarely hear about Christians blowing themselves up. In Islam it's a very day occurrence because the religion is still stuck in the medieval times.

This much is true. There was a trend for Muslims countries actually moving towards secularism up until the 70s and 80s, but somehow it's being reversed in the last 20 years. It coincides with economic ascendance of the Gulf countries and Salafi/Wahabbi Islam. Hell even the Ottoman Turks or the Indian Mughals would take a drink once in a while. Nowadays your beard has to be the right length to be considered pious.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24242 posts
2992 upvotes
Montreal
lubmar wrote: what if ... islam is not a religion of peace , but the opposite ... and to fight against islamic terrorism or muslim terrorists is to fight with islam (ideology) ... no matter if most of the followers of that ideology are just a "casual Muslims" ...
All religions, at least the monotheistic ones, by definition are expansionist, exclusionary and proclaim to be the sole and final truth. Nothing new here.
Penalty Box
Aug 28, 2014
2182 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lubmar wrote: what if ... islam is not a religion of peace , but the opposite ... and to fight against islamic terrorism or muslim terrorists is to fight with islam (ideology) ... no matter if most of the followers of that ideology are just a "casual Muslims" ...
The literal translation is religion of submission (to god). It was changed to peace to put a candy coating on top for gullible westerners.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14244 posts
1128 upvotes
nabiul wrote: The literal translation is religion of submission (to god). It was changed to peace to put a candy coating on top for gullible westerners.
Modern usage can possibly be traced to George W. Bush to differentiate muslim extremists from the rest of the muslim community.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Ojam wrote: Modern usage can possibly be traced to George W. Bush to differentiate muslim extremists from the rest of the muslim community.
Good ol GW! I miss him for the comic relief. Here is a speech from his father september 11th, 1991 exactly 10 years to the day before 911.

Dec 14, 2007
136 posts
2 upvotes
kofte101 wrote: Hehe. The thread keeps getting better. Gotta love the internet!

The idiocy and hatred shown in this thread is exactly what these brainwashed fanatics want to happen; division and confusion.

Keep it going!! :D
Brainwashed by whom? CBC, Toronto Star, CTV. Globe and Mail, Sun, National post, Imams, priests, School teachers, college professors, who else has the power to brainwash the RFDers? Maybe the guy named Truth.
I give up.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
thisismyid wrote: What if this is a Christian fundamentalist posing as Islamic extremist ? Or even worse , an Islamic extremist posing as Christian fundamentalist posing as Islamic extremist
Or an Islamic extremist posting as a Christian fundamentalist posing as an Islamic extremist posing as a Buddhist extremist posing as an atheist extremist posing as an Islamic extremist.

I do think that there is possibility that it could be the case of someone trying to stir stuff up. No doubt there have been plants..

- Russian plants in the US to create conflict and stir up hatred
- Democrat party plants and MSM at Trump rallies and the RNC to stir things up (handing out Russian flags, starting fights at Trump rallies, etc.)
- Soros funded organizations busing around protesters/rioters, even people from parallel organizations like Antifa, to shut down opposing protests or speakers speaking at events (e.g. UC Berkeley)
- NeverTrumpers infiltrating Womens Rights Organizations to turn them into Anti-Trump events

List goes on and on.