• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2021 12:08 pm
Tags:
Nov 18, 2004
689 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto

Eero Secure - overzealous blocking?

I have had the eero devices (Eero Pro) over the past year. They have worked great from a mesh networking perspective.

My problem is with the Secure service I believe. It provides content filters and by profile blocking for specific end users (kids) but I have noticed over the past month that I believe the blocking is getting a bit overzealous. I first noticed that RFD affiliate links would result in a 'site not found' error. Then a few weeks later, googleadservices.com would not resolve either (ie. when you click the first link in a google search) Now another forum i visit (proboards.com) has been deemed not secure (different from the above two situations). I have a feeling the issue is related to Secure's DNS server -- when change the DNS in chrome to another public DNS, some of the blocking goes away (some I think may be my employer's doing).

Has anyone else had this problem and figured a way to live with Secure without having 10% of the useful internet blocked?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto
I know when I use windscribe VPN and have it block tracking the same things happen. I'm not familiar with Eero but it may be the ad-blocking/tracking part and not the kid filter?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)