• Aug 18th, 2021 4:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4935 posts
8132 upvotes
Canada

Which electric lawnmower to buy?

Hey, gas one conked out, looking for advice for a battery powered lawnmower. I have dewalt tools so I was looking at the $578 one that has two 10ah batteries, seems good. However I don't use my tools often and honestly it might not matter if I use a different battery.

Any advice? Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3670 posts
1205 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
EGO is the best, they make quality tools and their battery thermal management system is very intuitive.

GreenWorks is a more budget friendly option while still making good products.

FYI, a more relevant forum is the Home and Garden section.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2028 posts
700 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for for Ego. 5 years in and still going strong for mine.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2757 posts
1921 upvotes
Ive been researching on electric mowers since the weekend and theres a common denominator in all of them:

All these companies suck at warranty claims and it doesnt matter which brand including the super expensive Ego +. Horror stories of months without having a mower, so you might as well buy a spare.

For this reason Im now strongly considering gas mowers because theyre mostly serviceable, although Im really not liking the idea of inhaling the fumes from it (original reason why Im going electric)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1059 posts
402 upvotes
5+ Years Ryobi 40V - works perfect.

Replaced the blade for $20
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4935 posts
8132 upvotes
Canada
Thanks all.

Despite all this, and because my yard isn't very complicated, I ordered the DeWalt mower for $578 that comes with two 10ah batteries that are compatible with all my power tools. As long as it does a decent job I will be happy, and the cross-compatibility of the batteries will be great.