• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2018 7:40 am
10 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54663 posts
19455 upvotes
Yeah, poor man's electric sports SUV. :)

I can likely be a taker if HST disappears and the $14k EVIP stays. :)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15065 posts
2649 upvotes
250mile range is definitely something I would consider. :)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29353 posts
15168 upvotes
Toronto
sorry. Group buy or no group buy (on custom order). What you are asking will NOT happen ... coming from a former Macan owner. Thru the last 4+ yrs on that forum, the most I have seen someone got off was 4%, but that was a claim that cannot be verified (due to the fact that everyone had done the tactic of going to all the GTA Porsche dealer and the majority of buyers could only battled for 1 - 2.5% at most).

However, if you are buying one that is already sitting on dealers' inventories, then I can see 3% is being doable.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3132 posts
1892 upvotes
Pothole city
alanbrenton wrote: Maybe just $20k more from the base $54,100...
Why bother with an EV? You obviously don't care about about saving money on gas!

When EVs become on par with their ICE cousin... sure go and buy whatever you want.

Until then, luxury EVs are just waste of money.... and it would take at least 7-8 years to get your money back.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3259 posts
1614 upvotes
Mississauga
They should do what Volvo did with the XC90/60 as PHEV.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6273 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: sorry. Group buy or no group buy (on custom order). What you are asking will NOT happen ... coming from a former Macan owner. Thru the last 4+ yrs on that forum, the most I have seen someone got off was 4%, but that was a claim that cannot be verified (due to the fact that everyone had done the tactic of going to all the GTA Porsche dealer and the majority of buyers could only battled for 1 - 2.5% at most).

However, if you are buying one that is already sitting on dealers' inventories, then I can see 3% is being doable.
With the new Macan styling coming out for 2019, do you think more dealers offering better discount?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5079 posts
1036 upvotes
Montreal
greg123 wrote: With the new Macan styling coming out for 2019, do you think more dealers offering better discount?
You could try but the Macan is the best selling model of the brand so dealers don't need to discount much at all.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29353 posts
15168 upvotes
Toronto
greg123 wrote: With the new Macan styling coming out for 2019, do you think more dealers offering better discount?
The facelift Macan should be here in Canada sometimes in summer of 2019 (as MY2020), if the dealers are sitting on a huge volume of pre-facelift Macan in their inventories (due to buyers want to wait for the facelifted version), I can see they will bump up their discount more, but to what extent, it may be based on what trim they have leftovers... all I know is their most popular trim models are S and GTS (due to their price points of <$100,000 before taxes and fees). The base Macan is a decent seller too.