• Dec 29th, 2020 4:17 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver

Electric Sit/Stand Table

Apart from the Black Friday Primecable sale of that one frame, anyone aware of any electric tables?
18 replies
Jan 13, 2017
402 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I'm also looking for the best one at 70-72inch wide by 30inch deep.... Wondering what the best option would be... maybe they wont go on sale since they know everyone is working from home now.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2006
1219 posts
210 upvotes
https://effydesk.ca/
20% off coupon

I just got one of these (the huge executive L shape version) and it's INCREDIBLE.
The sit / stand has been a hugeeeee improvement to my productivity and just how I feel throughout the day with rotating standing into my regimen.

Got my monitors mounted on a dual arm the other day and loving it.
Holdin' it down like a fat kid on a see-saw.
Jan 13, 2017
402 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
InFeXiOn wrote: https://effydesk.ca/
20% off coupon

I just got one of these (the huge executive L shape version) and it's INCREDIBLE.
The sit / stand has been a hugeeeee improvement to my productivity and just how I feel throughout the day with rotating standing into my regimen.

Got my monitors mounted on a dual arm the other day and loving it.

Thank you!! Better than the Primecables motorized desks or Bestar at Costco?
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
I was wondering. Is it cheaper to get a tabletop from Ikea and just get the frame?
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Actually, since someone mentioned it, I looked back at that primecables thread for Black Friday, and I guess those are still way cheaper if you buy the tabletop separately than these companies mentioned, especially MotionGrey which is based in Richmond, BC.

I'm taking a seriously look at MotionGrey, which does have a coupon code of FALL10 for 10% off.
Dec 1, 2012
246 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
I'm surprised that half of RFD is not aware of the Progressive Group Buy happening, check it out in the Group Buy section.. with over 60+ people signed up, the cost is at $352 for the frame only and like Whoaness said, just get your own tabletop. This is probably hotter than any Black Friday deal
Sep 18, 2017
677 posts
938 upvotes
Vancouver
mlallany wrote: I'm surprised that half of RFD is not aware of the Progressive Group Buy happening, check it out in the Group Buy section.. with over 60+ people signed up, the cost is at $352 for the frame only and like Whoaness said, just get your own tabletop. This is probably hotter than any Black Friday deal
Especially since the Progressive desk is dual motor
Dec 1, 2012
246 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
Whoaness wrote: I just took a look at that thread. Linking it here: progressive-electric-standing-desk-grou ... h-2387915/

It looked interesting, but comparable to the deal at MotionGrey. Just the tabletop at Progressive is really expensive.
It's still cheaper than MotionGrey, I priced it out, with their 10% deal it costs $386 before taxes for just the frame work only 3yrs warranty, Progressive's frame is cheaper and has an 8yrs warranty. Just find your own top, there are white a few options around. Also just so you know most people are only signed up for the frame as their tops are pretty expensive.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
mlallany wrote: It's still cheaper than MotionGrey, I priced it out, with their 10% deal it costs $386 before taxes for just the frame work only 3yrs warranty, Progressive's frame is cheaper and has an 8yrs warranty. Just find your own top, there are white a few options around. Also just so you know most people are only signed up for the frame as their tops are pretty expensive.
Yeah, I was saying comparable. I can see it's slightly cheaper. The warranty is good.

Actually, I think both Progressive and MotionGrey seem like they're using the same frame, or at least their height adjuster is the same. I bet they are the same. Maybe they are even the same company!

I am more interested in the L-Shaped. I wonder what kind of table top can I get for it so it'll fit. I'd like to max out the longer side with 180cm, but Ikea only has one at 200cm then 120cm.
Dec 1, 2012
246 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
Don't think they are the same company, but they likely use the same jiecang frame hence the similarities. Though many people have reported that the motors are in house made at Progressive.

Either way for the price Progressive can't be beaten.
In terms of the tabletop that's how my expertise :)
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
mlallany wrote: Don't think they are the same company, but they likely use the same jiecang frame hence the similarities. Though many people have reported that the motors are in house made at Progressive.

Either way for the price Progressive can't be beaten.
In terms of the tabletop that's how my expertise :)
I am convinced, but I am just wondering how to deal with the tabletop solution. Still deciding on L-shaped or not.

Is there another place to get inexpensive table tops other than Ikea?
Dec 1, 2012
246 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
Whoaness wrote: I am convinced, but I am just wondering how to deal with the tabletop solution. Still deciding on L-shaped or not.

Is there another place to get inexpensive table tops other than Ikea?
Go through the group buy thread, read from about 10 pages back, some people including myself mentioned some
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
mlallany wrote: Go through the group buy thread, read from about 10 pages back, some people including myself mentioned some
Okay thanks. Yeah gotta make sure I figure out the table top before I buy.
Dec 1, 2012
246 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
Whoaness wrote: Okay thanks. Yeah gotta make sure I figure out the table top before I buy.
For sure, in my case I've already signed up and I'm confused by what tabletop to get but that will depend on my room size as well. Honestly if you were just getting the solo ryzer frame I'd sign up, you can't find a better deal elsewhere, sure autonomous but imo customer service and shipping delays makes them an abysmal choice. You will find rumors that the frame Progressive use is an Chinese outsourced jiecang frame but from what others have reported they make their own motors, even if that's true or not, companies like Fully also use those and their desks are highly rated, autonomous likely also does but if you compare prices with their premium frame they are higher even with the big discounts available but their customer service just breaks the deal.

They are other Canadian options but all of them are more expensive, if all your after is a single frame (solo ryzer) just sign up. If I had more money I may have purchased their L frame but I don't and nor do I have space. You could technically slap a 75" top on the solo ryzer and be good to go, that's a large surface to work with.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
mlallany wrote: For sure, in my case I've already signed up and I'm confused by what tabletop to get but that will depend on my room size as well. Honestly if you were just getting the solo ryzer frame I'd sign up, you can't find a better deal elsewhere, sure autonomous but imo customer service and shipping delays makes them an abysmal choice. You will find rumors that the frame Progressive use is an Chinese outsourced jiecang frame but from what others have reported they make their own motors, even if that's true or not, companies like Fully also use those and their desks are highly rated, autonomous likely also does but if you compare prices with their premium frame they are higher even with the big discounts available but their customer service just breaks the deal.

They are other Canadian options but all of them are more expensive, if all your after is a single frame (solo ryzer) just sign up. If I had more money I may have purchased their L frame but I don't and nor do I have space. You could technically slap a 75" top on the solo ryzer and be good to go, that's a large surface to work with.
After going through the whole thread, I just feel like getting the Ikea Linnmon and just don't care if it warps lol. Made a joke in the thread about getting two halves and just stick them together, though might not be an expensive joke to take since it'll be like $20.
Dec 1, 2012
246 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
Whoaness wrote: After going through the whole thread, I just feel like getting the Ikea Linnmon and just don't care if it warps lol. Made a joke in the thread about getting two halves and just stick them together, though might not be an expensive joke to take since it'll be like $20.
Tbh if I was buying I'd avoid the Linnmon, the cardboard core is just not solid. Unless all you're going to be putting is a light monitor and some accessories, you're better off getting a better option. Pretty sure I've seen a 1" thick 60x30 melamine pannel at Rona, it costs less than $50 and it will be much stronger (if you don't care about color and can go white).

I myself maybe going got the candesk medium desk (63x31.5), it's a little more wider but I rather get something wider then something not so deep. For $66 it's a pretty good deal.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
mlallany wrote: Tbh if I was buying I'd avoid the Linnmon, the cardboard core is just not solid. Unless all you're going to be putting is a light monitor and some accessories, you're better off getting a better option. Pretty sure I've seen a 1" thick 60x30 melamine pannel at Rona, it costs less than $50 and it will be much stronger (if you don't care about color and can go white).

I myself maybe going got the candesk medium desk (63x31.5), it's a little more wider but I rather get something wider then something not so deep. For $66 it's a pretty good deal.
I was hoping to max out the length at 180cm or 72inch. It seems like boards at that size are pretty pricey. I'll take a look at the ones you're looking at.

Thanks.