Health & Wellness

Electric toothbrush - Is Smart Clean 360 (Oral B) any good?

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2022 12:01 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1994 upvotes

Electric toothbrush - Is Smart Clean 360 (Oral B) any good?

I bought the Smart Clean 360 2 pack from Costco for $99.99. Reduction of $30.

But I can't find a lot on this toothbrush on the web. Maybe the model is proprietary to Costco?

In any case, do you folks recommend this one, if you are familiar with it?

Thanks.
9 replies
Dec 25, 2021
26 posts
6 upvotes
Same here. Wonder if any toothbrush experts are here?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
I bought one of those, but a more expensive model, for my nephew as a gift. He said it was just okay and not likely worth 10x the price of the Oral-B vitality model that I bought for $25.

That one from Costco is good value and it comes with a travel case. Mine did not but I bought one for less than $5 on Amazon.

These toothbrushes are over-marketed in my opinion. They will sell ten versions of the same toothbrush - the only difference is the brush head included with the handle. One will be called floss action or gum cleaner, etc. The kids versions of the toothbrushes are also the same as the vitality range, but they include Start Wars of Barbie stickers, etc. and cost $20 more.

From my research, I determined there are three price points for these devices, 1. Under $50; 2. $50-$200; and 3. Over $200. I do not think the $300 toothbrushes are 10x better than the $30 model but it depends on what you want from them. Also, the brush head replacements are pretty expensive. Sometimes it may be cheaper to buy a new toothbrush instead of replacement brush heads. It's like inkjet printers of health care.

The Vitality series is under $50. Example, https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/o ... 1201159_EA

The one from Costco is in the second price point. I would bet it is exactly the same as this model from Amazon for $80, but without the travel case, and with a slightly different name,

https://www.amazon.ca/2000-Rechargeable ... 004XBQX5S/

Two toothbrushes, plus travel case, for $100 is a great deal at Costco.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
1224 posts
580 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Owned many models of Braun and Philips, as I could buy back in a day them at wholesale as I work in the industry.
Generally Philips is better, also battery life on Philips is better too..
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
my dentist keeps recommending philips because the vibrations arent as aggressive
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
Family got all new Quip brushes for Christmas. Everyone really likes thems.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1994 upvotes
Thanks everyone, I received a note about this earlier and have returned the Oral B. Will wait for Costco to sell the Philips on sale.
Oct 29, 2017
29 posts
7 upvotes
I had the professional 4000 just took it back to get this model. Calgary dentists say it's the better one for cleaning teeth and recommend it over the sonic care