Computers & Electronics

Electronic Circuit Components

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 9:23 am
[OP]
May 19, 2020
2 posts

Electronic Circuit Components

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but can anyone tell me the best place in GTA west (I'm in Mississauga) to get electronic circuit components. I specifically need:

- A Micro relay SPST - Omron G5Q-14-EU12DC or G5Q-14-DC12 (or equivalent)
- A 220 uf 35V Electrolytic capacator - Panasonic EEU-EB1J221 (or equivalent)

The relay seems to be the hard one to locate. I can get one at Newark our Mouser but add their $20-30 shipping and it does not make sense. One other local shop could get it in but only if I ordered min 10.

Thx

Any
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5508 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
Might be hard due to covid... Sayal Electronics is often the go to place in Toronto.

Other choice is go salvage from broken things
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3772 posts
997 upvotes
digikey.ca has "ok " shipping rate... I ordered a component a few years back and dont remember the shipping being too bad.

edit: Looks like digikey.ca has both the parts you're looking for... their website claims $8 shipping for orders under $100? Go thru the check out process and see how much shipping is for you :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
8154 posts
1885 upvotes
Toronto
Sayal - multiple locations. Closest to you is on Matheson at Dixie.

Otherwise, online.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1937 posts
913 upvotes
London
coilz wrote: edit: Looks like digikey.ca has both the parts you're looking for... their website claims $8 shipping for orders under $100? Go thru the check out process and see how much shipping is for you :)
It is $8.
I've used them for a long time, including last week.
It's always fast too, arriving the following day.
[OP]
May 19, 2020
2 posts
Thanks all.

Pretty sure Sayal was min order of 10 but may be worth it. Will try digikey.ca as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3093 posts
3185 upvotes
GTA
Sayal on Dixie and Matheson has other electronics components stores in that complex, although most have stereo parts or networking components. www.aa-e.com comes to mind, looks like they do curbside at least. If they are open I'd go in and browse or call and ask. You will pay quite a bit for stuff from Sayal, probably because there aren't a lot of other options.
c'mon get happy!