Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Electronic for Less

SVS PB-2000 (849.99$) / SVS SB-2000 (699.99$) *DEAL DEAD*

Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3219 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal

SVS PB-2000 (849.99$) / SVS SB-2000 (699.99$) *DEAL DEAD*

Deal Link:
Price:
849.99$
Savings:
Retailer:
Electronic for Less
Electronic for Less has the SVS PB-2000 on sale at 849.99$. Down from 1129.00. Buying from this authorize retailers gives you the "Bill of right" from SVS.

Free shipping anywhere in Canada and no 9.5% tax in Qc. Comes out to 895.11$ all in.

SB-2000 is also on sell for 699.99$. (thanks @joelthetroll)

https://www.electronicsforless.ca/svs-s ... -3886.html

*Not working anymore* Use coupon code "iluvEFLC" for 20$ off ! (Thanks @MutantBaseball)

*Edit* Added SB-2000 to the list
Added coupon for 20$ off.
Last edited by elpaso on Dec 1st, 2020 7:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
405 replies
Sep 23, 2020
71 posts
95 upvotes
not a bad price but the new 2000 pros have been substantially upgraded. just as an fyi
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5769 posts
6710 upvotes
Alberta
I'm in the market for a new subwoofer after my Velodyne DD-18 just stopped working. I am just starting my research and will monitor this thread. I want something really good and most likely better than this. Any suggestions of where to start?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
rxkrxk wrote: not a bad price but the new 2000 pros have been substantially upgraded. just as an fyi
This is $400 cheaper than the New Pro's price. So the Pro is also a substantial upgrade in price.

The Pro seems to have about a 3dB increase in output, so it's up to the person to decide if it's worth the extra $400. I would just buy this and call it a day.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
Jul 10, 2019
16 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks, OP. The SB-2000 is also on sale. I had been waiting for the SB-1000 to go on sale but jumped on this instead.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
Lush78 wrote: I'm in the market for a new subwoofer after my Velodyne DD-18 just stopped working. I am just starting my research and will monitor this thread. I want something really good and most likely better than this. Any suggestions of where to start?
The sky's the limit when it comes to subs. I assume with a DD-18. you'd want to stick with a sealed sub of similar capability?
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
fudge_u wrote: I doubt most people would notice or care, especially with this being one of the best subwoofers in this price range.
I wouldn't say that. I've owned both and not only is there a second front firing port that allows it to dig deeper, it is much easier to integrate in your system thanks to its app. With the Pro you can set all kinds of range and EQ profiles for different material, and so on. That's not to say the older PB-2000 model here is a bad sub, by any stretch of the imagination, and this is indeed a good price that I imagine many will jump at. But, if it were me, I'd wait for the Pro to go on sale (likely, but not guaranteed). Electronics for Less is fantastic, btw.

Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5769 posts
6710 upvotes
Alberta
warpdrive wrote: The sky's the limit when it comes to subs. I assume with a DD-18. you'd want to stick with a sealed sub of similar capability?
Not really sure where to start. I had that velodyne for over a decade at it was an amazing sub. I need to re-educate myself now. These SVS subs seem pretty popular around here. Looking through their lineup now.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3219 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
Elrondolio wrote: I wouldn't say that. I've owned both and not only is there a second front firing port that allows it to dig deeper, it is much easier to integrate in your system thanks to its app. With the Pro you can set all kinds of range and EQ profiles for different material, and so on. That's not to say the older PB-2000 model here is a bad sub, by any stretch of the imagination, and this is indeed a good price that I imagine many will jump at. But, if it were me, I'd wait for the Pro to go on sale (likely, but not guaranteed). Electronics for Less is fantastic, btw.

Thanks OP.
I was tempted by the Pro but for the price difference I jumped on the non Pro. Was a no brainer. Haven't owned a sub in years and a good one like SVS. This will be more than enough for my use.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
elpaso wrote: I was tempted by the Pro but for the price difference I jumped on the non Pro. Was a no brainer. Haven't owned a sub in years and a good one like SVS. This will be more than enough for my use.
A good decision for you, I'm sure. All the best.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
Elrondolio wrote: I wouldn't say that. I've owned both and not only is there a second front firing port that allows it to dig deeper, it is much easier to integrate in your system thanks to its app. With the Pro you can set all kinds of range and EQ profiles for different material, and so on. That's not to say the older PB-2000 model here is a bad sub, by any stretch of the imagination, and this is indeed a good price that I imagine many will jump at. But, if it were me, I'd wait for the Pro to go on sale (likely, but not guaranteed). Electronics for Less is fantastic, btw.

Thanks OP.
I don't find the app to be useful. I mostly disable all the features and use my AVR to manage the bass. It's set once and forget for me.

In general I dislike electronics that rely on an app. Are they going to support my sub in 10 years when we are on Android 20 and my sub is discontinued?
Dec 14, 2014
61 posts
62 upvotes
Sherbrooke, QC

Thanks OP.
Would you say the PB-1000 might also go in sale? I'm was waiting for any sale on it, and I was expecting something like a 10-15% off, but this PB-2000 discount is crazy good and I'm debating if I should wait hoping to see the PB-1000 get a similar discount or I just say screw the budget. Also worried it will go OOS and no other SVS will go on sale this BF...
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1104 posts
1244 upvotes
:facepalm: Bunch of Lotto winners Upvoting in this thread I guess...Face With Tears Of Joy
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Lush78 wrote: Not really sure where to start. I had that velodyne for over a decade at it was an amazing sub. I need to re-educate myself now. These SVS subs seem pretty popular around here. Looking through their lineup now.
I'd recommend watching some Youthman on Youtube. He covers a lot of equipment in decent detail, including SVS subs, and how to integrate them well in a room. AVSForum would also be a good place to do some research and there are others on youtube and the web, of course. But those two are good places to start.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GoProYouthman
https://www.avsforum.com
Sep 23, 2020
71 posts
95 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: This is $400 cheaper than the New Pro's price. So the Pro is also a substantial upgrade in price.

The Pro seems to have about a 3dB increase in output, so it's up to the person to decide if it's worth the extra $400. I would just buy this and call it a day.
as i said, it's not a bad price. 3dB doesn't tell you much about accuracy or pacing. only an audition will tell you if something's worth $400 to you or not in audio world. i was just remarking that the new model is quite different from this one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
warpdrive wrote: I don't find the app to be useful. I mostly disable all the features and use my AVR to manage the bass. It's set once and forget for me.

In general I dislike electronics that rely on an app. Are they going to support my sub in 10 years when we are on Android 20 and my sub is discontinued?
I have the opposite experience as far as the Pros app and its usefulness, but I do worry somewhat about longevity. Not as much with SVS as I might other OEMs, but even there you never know. SVS offers amplifier upgrades quite often, so if they were to ever pull support I have no doubt they'd offer some sort of upgrade to compensate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
samb1421 wrote: Would you say the PB-1000 might also go in sale? I'm was waiting for any sale on it, and I was expecting something like a 10-15% off, but this PB-2000 discount is crazy good and I'm debating if I should wait hoping to see the PB-1000 get a similar discount or I just say screw the budget. Also worried it will go OOS and no other SVS will go on sale this BF...
I haven't seen a Black Friday pass without near all the SVS line going on sale in many years, so yes, I'd expect sales this year as well. The supply chain is out of whack thanks to Covid and that has already altered receiver availability and prices this year but I don't think it'll be too much different for SVS this year (educated guess only).

This PB-2000 is available at Best Buy so, if I were you, I'd pick one up at this very good price as long as you can actually afford it. If the PB-1000 goes on a great sale you could always return and switch. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1391 posts
1496 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I'm in the market for a new subwoofer after my Velodyne DD-18 just stopped working. I am just starting my research and will monitor this thread. I want something really good and most likely better than this. Any suggestions of where to start?
I was like you and researched a TON and went DIY and I can not recommend it enough!!!!

My topic and semi build thread.
home-theatre-subwoofer-suggestions-2385960/4/#p32767103
Last edited by MikeB84225 on Nov 23rd, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)