Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Electronics For Less Canada

Onkyo TX-RZ50 ($295 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2022 4:47 pm
[OP]
Oct 16, 2018
155 posts
178 upvotes

Onkyo TX-RZ50 ($295 off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$1804
Savings:
$295
Retailer:
Electronics For Less Canada
This receiver has been on a lot of people's lists I know and has been pretty hard to get at MSRP. It shows up as $2099 on the store page, but if you add it to cart it will show up as $1899 in your cart (not sure why). You can then add any other 5% code they have (CAPTAIN works, so does ILUVEFLC) for an extra ~$95 off. Sure, it's an expensive item but that is by far the best price available for it right now (if you can even find it anywhere).

EDIT: Can't be added to cart anymore so I guess deal is dead.
Last edited by minimumtumbleweed on Mar 8th, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Sep 9, 2021
52 posts
23 upvotes
This receiver should have been on the market summer 2021. Delivery dates got pushed back every month and currently it is set to "end of March, early April 2022". I doubt it will be available anytime soon.

Instead of waiting and depending on false promises, I bought the NR7100 (which is basically the same receiver). In December EFLC offered the RZ50 to me for $1200 if I would wait, but I'm glad I didn't do it.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2018
155 posts
178 upvotes
eaglejohn wrote: This receiver should have been on the market summer 2021. Delivery dates got pushed back every month and currently it is set to "end of March, early April 2022". I doubt it will be available anytime soon.

Instead of waiting and depending on false promises, I bought the NR7100 (which is basically the same receiver). In December EFLC offered the RZ50 to me for $1200 if I would wait, but I'm glad I didn't do it.
It's true that it's in high demand and is hard to get hands on. I would have for sure waited some more to get it for $1200, that's an unbelievable price. How much did you pay for the NR7100? The main problem with that one is the lack of pre-outs. I don't think I'm willing to sacrifice the ability to add a dedicated amplifier down the road at this price point.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10851 posts
20271 upvotes
Montreal
OP, how about you put the price in the title instead of the rebate? :)
[OP]
Oct 16, 2018
155 posts
178 upvotes
That was shortlived; add to cart button can't be pressed anymore so I guess the deal is over.
Nov 6, 2006
355 posts
306 upvotes
Coquitlam
Oh I am quite interested in this receiver but given it's so hard to find and discounts even tougher to come by, I was waiting to see what new Denon units could come up in the next few months.

I might have pulled the trigger on this if it was available.
Sep 9, 2021
52 posts
23 upvotes
I'm not going to use any amps myself, so in my case the NR7100 was the best option and it was available right away. The RZ50 for $1200 was very tempting, but it also means that I still wouldn't have a receiver. Most people who were in need of a new receiver with pre-outs went for the Denon X3700 (2020 model) or comparable.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2018
155 posts
178 upvotes
Temporel wrote: OP, how about you put the price in the title instead of the rebate? :)
Sorry, I was just following the suggestion offered by the website when posting. I'm a bit new to posting things here, only done it a few times.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2018
155 posts
178 upvotes
Ironsmack wrote: Damn, i was actually calling them and Gibby's an hour or so ago to order this.

Guess, it wasn't meant to be.
I went for it this time; missed it about a month ago when I could have gotten it for $1700, but oh well (I believe you recommended it to me on the x3700H thread). Let's see how long it takes to backorder...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7684 posts
1706 upvotes
Alberta
For those interested in Onkyo, consider looking at capitalsound.ca using a 10% off coupon submitting your email. NR7100 is listed at $1500. RZ50 $2000. Both appear to be currently out of stock. Their site needs to be updated.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2143 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
minimumtumbleweed wrote:
I went for it this time; missed it about a month ago when I could have gotten it for $1700, but oh well (I believe you recommended it to me on the x3700H thread). Let's see how long it takes to backorder...

I didn't have the funds then to get the RZ50. Now that i do, its $2099. I'll call again to EFL tomorrow and see if they're willing to give discounts (highly doubt it). If not, ill just wait. Again.

DavidY wrote: For those interested in Onkyo, consider looking at capitalsound.ca using a 10% off coupon submitting your email. NR7100 is listed at $1500. RZ50 $2000. Both appear to be currently out of stock. Their site needs to be updated.

I was browsing Capitalsound earlier, but i was hesitant when i saw the website + the ETA on the product page. Have you bought from them before?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5365 posts
6220 upvotes
Alberta
Waiting it out for new Denon models. I don't want the "fixed" HDMI 2.1
[OP]
Oct 16, 2018
155 posts
178 upvotes
DavidY wrote: For those interested in Onkyo, consider looking at capitalsound.ca using a 10% off coupon submitting your email. NR7100 is listed at $1500. RZ50 $2000. Both appear to be currently out of stock. Their site needs to be updated.
I had looked at Capitalsound this week as well, but the coupons they were giving me were expired, and no one there was answering my e-mails. It was letting me add to cart, but I wasn't going to put an order in without a discount. I also had a good experience overall with EFLC last month when buying an SVS sub (also discounted), so I was OK with going with them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7684 posts
1706 upvotes
Alberta
Ironsmack wrote: I didn't have the funds then to get the RZ50. Now that i do, its $2099. I'll call again to EFL tomorrow and see if they're willing to give discounts (highly doubt it). If not, ill just wait. Again.

I was browsing Capitalsound earlier, but i was hesitant when i saw the website + the ETA on the product page. Have you bought from them before?
Nope, I am on AB. Pioneer LX505 is very similar to RZ50 except for the RZ50's individual crossovers. One should be able to easily get 15% off $2100 MSRP (was $1800) at Visions. One quibble on the LX505 is the occasional switching noise.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7684 posts
1706 upvotes
Alberta
minimumtumbleweed wrote: I had looked at Capitalsound this week as well, but the coupons they were giving me were expired, and no one there was answering my e-mails. It was letting me add to cart, but I wasn't going to put an order in without a discount. I also had a good experience overall with EFLC last month when buying an SVS sub (also discounted), so I was OK with going with them.
Get EFL to PM capitalsound's 10% off deal. Alternatively, see my other post about 15% off LX505 at Visions.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33306 posts
15227 upvotes
Temporel wrote: OP, how about you put the price in the title instead of the rebate? :)
LOL probably because it's a two kilodollar receiver. I have no idea if this is insanely overpriced but given AVR prices are as ridiculous as videocard prices these days and someone is comparing it to the VSX-LX505 stablemate, then yeah...it's insanely priced, even at $300 off.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7684 posts
1706 upvotes
Alberta
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL probably because it's a two kilodollar receiver. I have no idea if this is insanely overpriced but given AVR prices are as ridiculous as videocard prices these days and someone is comparing it to the VSX-LX505 stablemate, then yeah...it's insanely priced, even at $300 off.
Before price increase, got $1500 for LX505.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33306 posts
15227 upvotes
DavidY wrote: Before price increase, got $1500 for LX505.
Still seems pricey for a VSX, IMO. Very crafty how Pio downgraded the 500-series to VSX as well. With the current price on that same site ($2k), I don't understand why anyone would buy the LX505 when the SC-LX705 is "only" $300 more. I mean these things are still way over priced but if spending $2k on an AVR that's worth like $600, might as well buy the SC for $300 more.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7684 posts
1706 upvotes
Alberta
ES_Revenge wrote: Still seems pricey for a VSX, IMO. Very crafty how Pio downgraded the 500-series to VSX as well. With the current price on that same site ($2k), I don't understand why anyone would buy the LX505 when the SC-LX705 is "only" $300 more. I mean these things are still way over priced but if spending $2k on an AVR that's worth like $600, might as well buy the SC for $300 more.
Cheapest AVRs (NR7100, RZ50, LX305, LX505) with Dirac Live which is reportedly better than Audyssey XT32.