Food & Drink

Elements Casino Mohawk - Daily buffet food deals. $14.99 AYCE Prime Rib & Lobster Tails + more. Free membership required

Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2006
2001 posts
1312 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: what is on the menu for homestyle on Sunday?
Fried chicken (average), Pork tenderloin (great), Spaghetti with meatballs (great), battered fish (meh.) Buttered vegetables (great), Mashed potatoes pooled in butter (great), there was some seasoned rice, but didn't try that.

Their pizza they serve is suprisingly decent.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2085 posts
1085 upvotes
Ontario
sprung wrote:
@will888

I almost always go to Fallsview. Got a gold membership there so two free buffets/month . Buffet is decent but no crab legs or lobster ever.

My GF likes Windsor buffet but it far for us from Toronto.

Seneca buffet at USA side of Niagara Falls Is tasty too. Kid friendly buffet and you can add T-Bone Steak or 1 lb. of Crab Legs to any dinner for $10

https://senecaniagaracasino.com/dining/ ... ls-buffet/

For Seneca and Fallsview I get free bus ride to Canadian side of Niagara Falls with Safeway Tours due to my Fallsview gold card

https://safewaytours.net/en/casino-tours/
badOne wrote: how much do you need to gamble to get gold?

Spend $20,000 in slots will get you Gold? Oh man!

A55E241E-794D-46BB-9364-F5E6D6600BA2.jpeg
Member
Jul 4, 2018
414 posts
344 upvotes
Im not a beef person. Many people i know always rave about steak this stake that but i never really love beef. I like it, but just not obsess with it.

However, i am obsess with crab legs and lobsters. If only these places offer crab legs
.
.
.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5605 posts
1388 upvotes
Mississauga
was here last night.... it was whole lobsters... not just lobster tails... maybe they ran out over the holidays? lol

also, you now need to pay taxes... so 14.99+hst
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2006
1945 posts
690 upvotes
Ducky wrote: was here last night.... it was whole lobsters... not just lobster tails... maybe they ran out over the holidays? lol

also, you now need to pay taxes... so 14.99+hst
oh really? I don't recall paying tax at Mohawk casino.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3255 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
wow another bump

Sorry OP but these casino threads need to go.

Not sure when regular price became a hot deal.

If anything all of these should be combined into one thread and moved to Ongoing Deals.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3255 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
wow another bump

Sorry OP but these casino threads need to go.

Not sure when regular price became a hot deal.

If anything all of these should be combined into one thread and moved to Ongoing Deals.
Member
Jun 21, 2010
239 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
dchabby wrote: wow another bump

Sorry OP but these casino threads need to go.

Not sure when regular price became a hot deal.

If anything all of these should be combined into one thread and moved to Ongoing Deals.
It is still an interest to some.

I believe it's a hot deal, unless you can find me another restaurant with those prices.

Not every post is for every person.

You could use the hide the thread button, instead of your multiple post complaint.

That's what it's there for, to hide posts you do not feel that are relevant.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
20452 posts
21601 upvotes
Toronto
$14.99 t-bone steak tonight
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19318 posts
7423 upvotes
Toronto
These casino deal have been around long enough to warrant a place in the ongoing deals section.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1381 posts
186 upvotes
Went to Mohawk last night for the $9.99 BBQ night.

We've done the lobster/prime rib night a few times, but this was a clear step down both in price and quality.

The hot food offerings were mixed veg, an absolutely flavourless mac & cheese, baked chicken drums, chili, french fries, hot dogs, hamburgers and the ribs (where they usually serve up the prime rib) and pizza.

I don't care for the pizza, so didn't even bother. I tried pepper and salt but nothing could make the mac & cheese any good. The ribs were... alright. I make my own ribs, so these were a clear step down but at the same time I wouldn't be able to make AYCE ribs for $9.99.

Dessert table was vastly cut down from the Friday/Saturday offerings. No chef's surprise, just a defrosted batch of baked "goods" (in quotes because the one double chocolate chip muffin I tried was definitely not good). They also had the cakes, but not as many as usual, and another defrosted treat tray, this one with Nanaimo bars, lousy brownies and date squares. I say lousy brownies because they also have good brownies there sometimes (the ones with walnuts are the good ones).

They also have that tray of fruit where everything tastes like melon because it's all sitting in the same juice. I like a nice couple of pieces of pineapple after a buffet, but if it doesn't taste like pineapple, what's the point?

Wife and I tried some of all the hot food. Mixed veg were the same as usual, mac and cheese is as discussed above. Fries were nice. Even better was making chili-cheese fries. Actually had seconds of those.

I liked the hot dog and burger. They are done on the grill in the back and then served up in those hot table buckets, slathered in their own grease. On the bun the hot dog was good. Tried another without the bun just before we left and it was like trying to eat a sodium bomb. You can make a chili-cheese dog as well. Cheese and relish and maybe onions(?) were available by the burgers. Ketchup/mustard/mayo/rooster sauce are available for condiments. I also grabbed some tomatoes from the salad bar.

Drumsticks were baked drumsticks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ribs, as mentioned above, were okay. Some were fall of the bone, some were a little more solid. They were a bit drier than I usually like but that's more of a personal taste than anything. I think they're boiled and then finished off on the grill, but I can't prove it.

We were finished far quicker than when we go for lobster. A couple of plates each (not heaping plates, either), 8 rib bones total for me, along with the hot dog and hamburger and I was done. Wife had even less and we just kind of looked at each other and went "Done?". Didn't leave hungry but it didn't really scratch that itch, if you know what I mean.

It's priced right at $9.99. If you're there, it's okay, but I wouldn't make a drive for it like we have done for lobster.

One thing to warn about, both the wife and I experienced horrible bloat over the course of the rest of the evening. Ohmigod, it was like I ate a loaf of bread and drank a gallon of water. There must have been just a ton of salt in everything. If you're sodium-sensitive, I would give this one a miss.

We still want to try the deluxe brunch some day, so we're not put off the casino. As well, we know we'll be back for the lobster. But we won't do this one again.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Member
Sep 4, 2009
241 posts
191 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Fanboy wrote: Went to Mohawk last night for the $9.99 BBQ night.

We've done the lobster/prime rib night a few times, but this was a clear step down both in price and quality.

The hot food offerings were mixed veg, an absolutely flavourless mac & cheese, baked chicken drums, chili, french fries, hot dogs, hamburgers and the ribs (where they usually serve up the prime rib) and pizza.

I don't care for the pizza, so didn't even bother. I tried pepper and salt but nothing could make the mac & cheese any good. The ribs were... alright. I make my own ribs, so these were a clear step down but at the same time I wouldn't be able to make AYCE ribs for $9.99.

Dessert table was vastly cut down from the Friday/Saturday offerings. No chef's surprise, just a defrosted batch of baked "goods" (in quotes because the one double chocolate chip muffin I tried was definitely not good). They also had the cakes, but not as many as usual, and another defrosted treat tray, this one with Nanaimo bars, lousy brownies and date squares. I say lousy brownies because they also have good brownies there sometimes (the ones with walnuts are the good ones).

They also have that tray of fruit where everything tastes like melon because it's all sitting in the same juice. I like a nice couple of pieces of pineapple after a buffet, but if it doesn't taste like pineapple, what's the point?

Wife and I tried some of all the hot food. Mixed veg were the same as usual, mac and cheese is as discussed above. Fries were nice. Even better was making chili-cheese fries. Actually had seconds of those.

I liked the hot dog and burger. They are done on the grill in the back and then served up in those hot table buckets, slathered in their own grease. On the bun the hot dog was good. Tried another without the bun just before we left and it was like trying to eat a sodium bomb. You can make a chili-cheese dog as well. Cheese and relish and maybe onions(?) were available by the burgers. Ketchup/mustard/mayo/rooster sauce are available for condiments. I also grabbed some tomatoes from the salad bar.

Drumsticks were baked drumsticks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ribs, as mentioned above, were okay. Some were fall of the bone, some were a little more solid. They were a bit drier than I usually like but that's more of a personal taste than anything. I think they're boiled and then finished off on the grill, but I can't prove it.

We were finished far quicker than when we go for lobster. A couple of plates each (not heaping plates, either), 8 rib bones total for me, along with the hot dog and hamburger and I was done. Wife had even less and we just kind of looked at each other and went "Done?". Didn't leave hungry but it didn't really scratch that itch, if you know what I mean.

It's priced right at $9.99. If you're there, it's okay, but I wouldn't make a drive for it like we have done for lobster.

One thing to warn about, both the wife and I experienced horrible bloat over the course of the rest of the evening. Ohmigod, it was like I ate a loaf of bread and drank a gallon of water. There must have been just a ton of salt in everything. If you're sodium-sensitive, I would give this one a miss.

We still want to try the deluxe brunch some day, so we're not put off the casino. As well, we know we'll be back for the lobster. But we won't do this one again.
I was there last night as well! and I agree usually i could eat quite a bit but i got extremely bloated after 3rd round of ribs. I had 2 slices of pizza and their pizza is actually pretty decent compared to other buffets. I also had a bowl of their turkey soup which was a bit to salty for my taste. 20 min drive for me to get here so wasnt too bad. but i probably would only come here for the lobster night.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1948 posts
5445 upvotes
Does anyone know what the brunch is like on Saturday/Sunday.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3255 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
hill15 wrote: Does anyone know what the brunch is like on Saturday/Sunday.
its a pretty average brunch - if i didnt win $20 on slots using the sign up rewards then i would have felt ripped off

Top