Food & Drink

Elephant Grind Coffee - unethical restaurant owner!

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 7:17 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2019
14 posts
8 upvotes

Elephant Grind Coffee - unethical restaurant owner!

UPDATE: Proof of the metal found in the bottom left corner of the picture! I’m so glad I took this picture!

Please share this review with your foodie friends and on all of your social media platforms!

Small metal piece found in food. Richmond hill cafe owner shouted at customer “get out”! This behaviour is intolerable!

Full review below:

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/elephant-grind- ... ent=review
Images
  • 6597C442-DA5C-43B1-9C2A-66D3AEE10816.jpeg
Last edited by Myriamc on May 23rd, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2901 posts
1959 upvotes
Myriamc wrote:
May 21st, 2019 7:53 pm
Please share this review!
This group won't grumble about your experience unless you gave them some story about the restaurant refusing to accept your AMEX card....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20916 posts
6945 upvotes
Thank you Jeffrey Et S. or the owner of a competing business!
[OP]
May 20, 2019
14 posts
8 upvotes
The restaurant charges everything upfront including food and service charges (tips) before sitting down.

The restaurant owner responded very unprofessionally when we brought to his attention the issue of a small metal piece found in the food. We demanded for a refund but the owner refused to talk or listen and harshly shouted at my husband to “get out” pointing the restaurant door! It was extremely disrespectful!
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5625 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Jeffrey Et S. Elephant Grind Coffee really grin your teeth.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20178 posts
4126 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Thank you op. I have never heard of this place so I will visit it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
May 20, 2019
14 posts
8 upvotes
The business has been reported to both York Health Inspection and Toronto Public Health. If anyone thinks this is a joke, you can go experience it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6314 posts
4809 upvotes
North York
Myriamc wrote:
May 21st, 2019 10:12 pm
The restaurant charges everything upfront including food and service charges (tips) before sitting down.
So do all the big cafes. Do you go to Starbucks and pay after you drink and eat?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5625 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
He said he didn't capture a picture because he trusted the waitress or something like that.
superfresh89 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:41 am
pics or it didn't happen

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2145 posts
352 upvotes
i always enjoy when people throw in the "...and I've dined at Michelin starred restaurants..."
Apr 29, 2007
296 posts
71 upvotes
Jesus Christ, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. The Ministry of Health? Really? Get a grip. You survived, you were never in danger, and in the grand scheme of things, this was a non-event. Grow the hell up and move on; you sound like an overly dramatic fool.
[OP]
May 20, 2019
14 posts
8 upvotes
Thank you everyone for your heartless comments! You have all made it possible to promote an unethical business! Clapping Hands Sign

If anyone ever gets sincerely hurt in the future, remember you are all part of it!

My family will definitely move on. I will leave the drama for future ignorant consumers. As for the business itself, only time will tell the truth.