Expired Hot Deals

[EliteTools.ca] Excellent price on Kreg K5 pocket hole master system with extras

[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
76 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Excellent price on Kreg K5 pocket hole master system with extras

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
EliteTools.ca
I've been shopping around for a Kreg K5 jig. They are expensive and usually sell for around $200-220 just for the K5 master system. The screws retail for around $30. In this deal one is also getting a box of Kreg screws, an extra clamp, a Kreg container and a few other things. The master system and the screws cost $264.50 at Lee Valley. A very good deal in my opinion.
11 replies
Nov 6, 2007
50 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
This is a good deal for sure. The Kreg stuff is awesome. Do you know if there are other screws we can get that aren’t Kreg to use with it? I just built one thing so far so haven’t gotten around to looking for new screws yet.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16934 posts
1784 upvotes
Thornhill
I bought the keep k5ms (no extras) from Amazon from elite tools last year for about $180 - I’ll admit I haven’t opened the box yet (lol). But from what everyone’s been saying, it’s an awesome system. Hopefully will use it this year when building those cabinets in the spring.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Apr 9, 2012
455 posts
348 upvotes
Porter-Cable #560 Pocket Hole Jig on Amazon Canada

For about the same money, I'd get the Porter-Cable #560 Pocket Hole Jig, if I were doing A LOT of pocket screws. Maybe doesn't have the clamps & screws included but has other advantages that can be seen on YouTube. But there are pros & cons to both I guess.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
76 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Apples and oranges... Not to mention PC is a bare tool with nothing else attached...
For those who do not need a container, this is also a good deal:
https://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/kr ... kreg-k5ms/

Mtnviewer wrote: Porter-Cable #560 Pocket Hole Jig on Amazon Canada

For about the same money, I'd get the Porter-Cable #560 Pocket Hole Jig, if I were doing A LOT of pocket screws. Maybe doesn't have the clamps & screws included but has other advantages that can be seen on YouTube. But there are pros & cons to both I guess.
Apr 9, 2012
455 posts
348 upvotes
.. Not to mention PC is a bare tool with nothing else attached...
I said that. But the PC isn't exactly a bare tool either.

But the PC has other faster working advantages that to me at least, far outweigh the addition of a few screws & a couple of clamps. Kreg is just too slow & complicated in comparison for a variety of work. But whatever works for you, just offering another option.
May 5, 2017
437 posts
151 upvotes
cfricker wrote: This is a good deal for sure. The Kreg stuff is awesome. Do you know if there are other screws we can get that aren’t Kreg to use with it? I just built one thing so far so haven’t gotten around to looking for new screws yet.
Any good cabinet screws. GRK is a good brand, albeit a bit more expensive than kreg.
Sep 14, 2007
879 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'd rate this deal as lukewarm. Right now, if you need it, probably the best deal you'll find.

I've purchased a few of the K5 kits with the organizer box and one clamp for just under $200. I see the same deal come up from time to time.

When you add the extra clamp and the screws, clocks in closer to full retail.

That being said, absolutely excellent pocket hole jig system.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
76 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I believe it might come on sale every now and then, but I'd yet like to see it for under $200.
"Lukewarm" is a subjective term here:) If you consider very few retailers carry K5 (both Lowes and HD only sell K4 at the moment) and that most of them charge well over $200 just for the bare K5 master system I still consider it a great deal.
ecobuilder wrote: I'd rate this deal as lukewarm. Right now, if you need it, probably the best deal you'll find.

I've purchased a few of the K5 kits with the organizer box and one clamp for just under $200. I see the same deal come up from time to time.

When you add the extra clamp and the screws, clocks in closer to full retail.

That being said, absolutely excellent pocket hole jig system.
Sep 11, 2017
68 posts
59 upvotes
Does anyone know how much this kit would cost at regular price, all things considered? I want to buy it but need some leverage with the wife!
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
76 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Well...
K5 Master system is $209 at Elite tools, $225 at Lee Valley
Screw kit is $39.99 at Elite tools, $39.50 at LV
KTC55 organizer is $54.99 at Elite tools, $59.99 at Busy Bee
KHC-RA right angle clamp is 37.99 at Elite tools, 45.98 at Home Depot
MD-CAB01 cabinet making booklet is $6.99 at Elite tools, 10.53 on Amazon.ca
SSW Screw Selector Wheek is 12.99 on Elite tools,

So, anywhere between 361.46 plus tax to 394.48 plus tax.

Or, you could spend $265 just for the master set and a screw kit at the Lee Valley. I wanted to get a container, otherwise I know I would loose or misplace some parts.

Otugrapes wrote: Does anyone know how much this kit would cost at regular price, all things considered? I want to buy it but need some leverage with the wife!