• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 6:14 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
617 posts
35 upvotes
Scarborough

Elliptical Machine

Any recommendations for a home Elliptical Machine?
7 replies
Jul 16, 2008
345 posts
109 upvotes
ON
I am in the same boat.

Looking at Sole, Schwinn and Nautilus.

There seems to be not much reviews on them.

I am only able to find Schwinn and Nautilus recommended in Consumer Report.
Oct 12, 2014
693 posts
106 upvotes
North York, ON
Anyone know a fitness stores open right now where you can go and try out ellipticals?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9437 posts
3100 upvotes
yellowlight18 wrote: Anyone know a fitness stores open right now where you can go and try out ellipticals?
Fitness Depot is open, Treadmill factory is another one and they open July 2nd. Both allow you to test out machines.

Also Costco, you can't try before buying but they do have a good return policy. Personally I would not buy any fitness equipment (machines) from Canadian tire
Discomfort is your friend
Oct 12, 2014
693 posts
106 upvotes
North York, ON
blexann wrote: Fitness Depot is open, Treadmill factory is another one and they open July 2nd. Both allow you to test out machines.

Also Costco, you can't try before buying but they do have a good return policy. Personally I would not buy any fitness equipment (machines) from Canadian tire
I really wanted to get one from Costco. I guess I missed out on the Proform Trainer 7.0 Elliptical years ago. Seems like they don't carry them anymore online or in-store.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
617 posts
35 upvotes
Scarborough
Still have not pulled the trigger on buying an elliptical.

For a budget of $2k for an elliptical, out of these brands, which one is recommended for an elliptical?

-Precor
-Octane
-Sole
-NordicTrack
-Schwinn
-Kettler
-ProForm
May 30, 2007
279 posts
402 upvotes
Markham
I've started looking at the Horizon Fitness EX59, it's $800 on their website and has the features, size, and price that I am looking for. My budget is maximum $1,000. Any thoughts on this model?