• Aug 26th, 2021 9:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
6249 posts
37659 upvotes
Ontario

Elon Musk’s Tesla Bot will eliminate the need for humans to do physical work

The Tesla Bot will be specifically designed to do dangerous, repetitive or boring work that humans don’t like/want to do.

Musk further stated that the robot, which stands around five feet eight inches tall, would “be friendly” and capable of performing regular tasks such as fastening bolts on a vehicle with a wrench or picking up groceries from markets.

The Tesla Bot will be made of lightweight materials and will have a screen on its “face” to show relevant information, human-level hands, and 40 mechanical actuators (12 in the arms, 12 in the hands, 12 in the legs, 2 in the torso, and 2 in the neck). It will also include two-axis feet for balance and force feedback sensing. Additionally, Musk explained that the robot would have eight Autopilot cameras, an FSD computer, FSD hardware, multi-cam video neural networks, neural net planning, auto-labeling, simulation and tools, and dojo training. In simple terms, all of this tech will help the robot navigate the real world by itself, without a need for step-by-step coding or instructions, similar to how the company’s self-driving cars operate.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/08/20/elon ... ical-work/
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
6822 posts
8486 upvotes
74629315 downvotes
What could possibly go wrong. Dojo training? Cool.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7220 posts
1555 upvotes
Toronto
We are near the end of Moore's law and Elon can not get his cars to drive itself properly and now he wants to make AI robots?
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2300 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
Maybe the robot could takeover Elon's tweets on crypto :)

Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1677 posts
2043 upvotes
Expected responses in this thread lol
<signature length too long>
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
11494 posts
3886 upvotes
Winnipeg
toalan wrote: We are near the end of Moore's law and Elon can not get his cars to drive itself properly and now he wants to make AI robots?
Get the robot....to drive the car......bam...solved!!!!! your welcome!!!

Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5280 posts
2001 upvotes
Might be the best solution if they ever want to go to Mars. Someone/thing has to go there first to make it habitable. I'm sure they will be sent to work there and set things up.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2059 posts
1449 upvotes
Vancouver
Hahahaha. Someone tell Elon this.

Though I wonder how long till these are available on a subscription basis, at which point we'll basically be back to paying salaries. Lol
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24369 posts
31298 upvotes
kramer1 wrote: Hahahaha. Someone tell Elon this.

Though I wonder how long till these are available on a subscription basis, at which point we'll basically be back to paying salaries. Lol
In Economics, contributors to production / output are broken into labor and capital, neither is free.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
11494 posts
3886 upvotes
Winnipeg
I could not help thinking I've seen those robots. I,robot 2005 movie that had this in 2035. But felt nah....

then I watched this...

this will go sideways and ningabots will take us out.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1802 posts
296 upvotes
Scarborough
I mean, this is coming from the guy that thought it was a good idea to dig train tunnels and then put autonomous cars into them. So you already know that even the basic concept is completely harebrained.
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ever-wan ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $10/month plan
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26065 posts
10753 upvotes
Socially Distanced
It will work. A long time from now.

In the meantime we have bigger fish to fry.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2017 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Musk: 'I'm afraid of AI and robots, so I'll make AI and robots'
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
2964 posts
1541 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Coming soon (2035*).

*That’s the Beta version

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)