• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2010 3:00 pm
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
2023 posts
153 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
y2ktrent wrote: Google is your friend :D
very well. heh heh. I know that PayPal is commonly used for eBay auctions, but Interac EMT allows you to send money to any Canadian bank account. The limitations for Interac EMT is that you cannot send it to any bank account outside of Canada, but you can do that with PayPal (providing if the recipient has a PayPal account).
Dec 25, 2009
123 posts
17 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: i like the rep's name..tweety :D
I'm with you. I am painfully holding back the Sylvester remarks.

Stoked about this advancement by PCF! Way to go PC.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15374 posts
6697 upvotes
Gatineau
Any confirmed details. Will this be available this coming Sunday July 11th?

djino
Mar 13, 2010
112 posts
7 upvotes
Nice.

Free to receive EMT.
$1.50 to send EMT.
$3.50 to cancel EMT.
rems wrote: Why must you be proven guilty in a court of law? You know if you violated it or not. I guess if I kill someone and I get away with it I must be innocent...
Oct 26, 2005
89 posts
29 upvotes
It's live. Just received a transfer into my account (after I noticed that PC Financial was a supported bank after clicking the certapay.com link received via email)

Can't believe it took this long, but glad it's here.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
100 upvotes
Great! That will save me one step in a few cases where I had to transfer money to another bank that supports EMT first.
Jul 28, 2008
197 posts
Mississauga/Toronto
Thanh wrote: Since today:

[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/256cyzt.gif[/IMG]
question... how does one do this... do you have to upload it to another website and copy the link in? and what websites can someone use?

wish we could just upload jpeg attachments!

Thanks in advance! :)
Dec 25, 2009
123 posts
17 upvotes
anunes wrote: question... how does one do this... do you have to upload it to another website and copy the link in? and what websites can someone use?

wish we could just upload jpeg attachments!

Thanks in advance! :)
Using the [ IMG ] tag, and there are a ton of sites. Long time favorite is http://www.imageshack.us/
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3551 posts
248 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Now we just need a iPhone app for PCFinancial and were good hehe.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
2023 posts
153 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
Jeff146 wrote: Now we just need a iPhone app for PCFinancial and were good hehe.
We also need to have cross-border debit as well! FYI, the PLUS and Cirrus networks ARE NOT (I repeat, ARE NOT) debit card networks. They are ATM networks! How about adding the Maestro capability to all PC Financial debit cards as well? We'll seee..

Also, It would be nice if there was an app for not just the iPhone, but also for Android and BlackBerry! I wonder how much does it cost to build such an application?
Dec 25, 2009
123 posts
17 upvotes
Jeff146 wrote: Now we just need a iPhone app for PCFinancial and were good hehe.

Yeah, it'll be perfect. Get an app to make instant payments to the store you are in. Then, when you hold it the wrong way you can't access your funds. :D
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
100 upvotes
mada726 wrote: We also need to have cross-border debit as well! FYI, the PLUS and Cirrus networks ARE NOT (I repeat, ARE NOT) debit card networks. They are ATM networks! How about adding the Maestro capability to all PC Financial debit cards as well?
That would be nice as an option, but realistically I'm not sure I'd use it. International ATM transactions are so risky that I prefer to use an isolated debit card from a different bank that doesn't access any of my normal accounts.