• Jun 27th, 2018 5:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
7233 posts
1564 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario

Email Notification links to the wrong page of a thread

I think this problem was reported before, but it seems to be getting worse (or maybe I look at RFD more)

In any case, the problem is that the link provided in the email notification that someone replied to a thread where one has notifications activated, sometimes, not always, links to the wrong page of that thread.
This morning for instance, the link in the notification took me to page 18 whereas the actual post that triggerred the notification is on page 47 (currently the last page).

What I noticed that email notifications that link to the correct page show the text of the post as part of the email notification - the ones that do not have the section in the email where the text normally shows, simply blank.

I have attached a screen shot of the latest email notification that takes me to the wrong page in that thread - my name in "To" field blocked out.

Problem happens daily but I think it only happens with very long threads, ie threads that have a lot of pages.
Images
  • RFD Email.jpg
5 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16214 posts
31076 upvotes
Scarborough
I think this particular case might have to do with the post being in the moderation queue and the notification not arriving until after it was approved. I'll look into it because either way something isn't working as it should.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
7233 posts
1564 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Thanks,

For the next week or so I will add any more like this I come across which may help track down what is going on.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
7233 posts
1564 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Problem just happened again.

Different thread than the last time.
The link sent me to page 44 of a thread that is currently 111 pages long.

Since it happened the last time, I have probably clicked on RFD links in about 30 email notifications including the notifications from the last thread when that happened and this thread as well.
Seems to be random from a user point of view but could very well relate to what you are thinking.

The only common part I see is that the text field in the email notification is blank.

Screen shot of this one is attached
Images
  • RFD_email_1.jpg
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
7233 posts
1564 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Problem happened again.

I think you might be correct in that this relates to a post being in moderation.
The person who replied only has one post to their name.

Screen shot is attached.
Images
  • RFD Zoomers.jpg
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16214 posts
31076 upvotes
Scarborough
krs wrote: Problem happened again.

I think you might be correct in that this relates to a post being in moderation.
The person who replied only has one post to their name.

Screen shot is attached.
I'm pretty sure it's the problem I described before but to confirm can you tell me what your posts per page is set to here?

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... &mode=view
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)