Personal Finance

Embarrassing Situation, Need Help, advise. It is related to Walmart.ca and Walmart Rewards CC

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 3:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2599 posts
1081 upvotes
North York

Embarrassing Situation, Need Help, advise. It is related to Walmart.ca and Walmart Rewards CC

Hello everyone, Thank you for looking in my thread. Happy Holidays and Happy new year.

I am in a bit of a frustrating situation. I signed up for Walmart Reward CC. I never really cared about rewards/points but I signed up for it due to the fact we shop a lot from Walmart and Walmart.ca
and due to the pandemic we are using a single card for Internet bill, local grocery and anything and everything. Baby stuff etc etc.
There was some promo to get 3% back and the good thing is you can redeem that rewards in $ at Walmart and walmart.ca


So, as many others affected by pandemic one family member lost her job.
I had a lot of pre ordered from Walmart.ca and decided to return most of them. For one of the orders I locally took to Walmart store and returned without issue.
For other 4 of the orders, I requested to return via Online Order page. These items were returned brand new sealed.
No issues, Walmart.ca Sends you an automated email with shipping label and instructions.
I returned those items back in November, All of the items arrived to Walmart's Returned Center on Nov 17 but no refund has been issued.

I have spent many hours with their awful customer service who "pro-actively" create a new ticket and tell me this issue will be escalated and will be addressed in 4 days.

I spoke to the Credit Card to dispute the transaction but they said that we shop a lot at Walmart so its better to deal with them and just transferred my call to Walmart's customer service.

Their online system is beyond broken, what can I do to get my money back any suggestion?

Right now, they owe me close to 300 $

I have wasted a lot of time trying to get help but is there any Government agency or any other way that can help me ?

Walmart's Customer is so bad, here is an example for one of my tickets. They state that they have issued a refund on September 20... while the item was returned to them on Nov 17.... if that makes any sense...
11 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12639 posts
11463 upvotes
I ordered something from Walmart online and never shipped. I asked for refund. They promised a few times. After a month, they never did. I had to call AmEx to get charge back. Another month, Walmart refund my money to my AmEx card. Walmart got my money for 2 months and AmEx for 1 month without paying interest.

Your problem is that you are using Walmart cc. I would call Walmart cc again and again until they issue a charge back.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4000 posts
4108 upvotes
GTA
Argh, that's frustrating!

Did you try Walmart Canada Corporate Office? Here's the Customer Email Form:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/contact-us/corporate

Maybe you can include the following, to get someone from Senior Management involved

Attention: VP Customer Service (or VP Marketing)

Hope you get a refund soon, once your issue is escalated!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2599 posts
1081 upvotes
North York
Thanks, yes embguy. Their service is T R A S H. I have spoke to them very politely so far. But I am getting frustrated.

I have never dealt with such garbage company in my life. Their customer service is in India (chat) and then their Phone Support center is in Philippines.

I
Sr. Member
Dec 1, 2003
542 posts
180 upvotes
Ottawa
I am dealing with same thing. Returned an item by online. Item reached walmart warehouse on dec 7 yet I am still chasing for refund. Called/chat 3 times already. If you check their facebook, this is common issue.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12639 posts
11463 upvotes
After 3 to 4 weeks chasing Walmart, people should call credit card to reverse the charge. You gave WM interest free loan for 1 month which is long enough. Let the cc company to get it from WM.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2599 posts
1081 upvotes
North York
see additional problem is Walmart Reward CC, they just transfer your call.

Let me give you an example. I called the Walmart Reward card, and explained the situation to the agent. She said she will transfer me to Transaction dispute department and explain everything to them.

Call gets transferred, the guy has no idea of the situation. Have to explain the whole situation to him again .....and he says, there are too many transactions and deal with Walmart and transfers me to Walmart's customer service without letting me speak.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12639 posts
11463 upvotes
Moeeed wrote: see additional problem is Walmart Reward CC, they just transfer your call.

Let me give you an example. I called the Walmart Reward card, and explained the situation to the agent. She said she will transfer me to Transaction dispute department and explain everything to them.

Call gets transferred, the guy has no idea of the situation. Have to explain the whole situation to him again .....and he says, there are too many transactions and deal with Walmart and transfers me to Walmart's customer service without letting me speak.
It is time to stop using WM MC on WM online order. Better yet, stop order from WM online. period.

But I had stop order anything from WM online since they charged my AmEx without shipping my order. Waited 1 month for the shipment to arrive. Then, waited another month to chase WM for refund. After 2 month waiting, I finally called AmEx to get a charge back. Life is too short to deal with WM online.

It is nice to have a third party in between my online purchase. CC company always side with the buyer if you can prove your case.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Member
Feb 9, 2018
492 posts
376 upvotes
Moeeed wrote: Hello everyone, Thank you for looking in my thread. Happy Holidays and Happy new year.

I am in a bit of a frustrating situation. I signed up for Walmart Reward CC. I never really cared about rewards/points but I signed up for it due to the fact we shop a lot from Walmart and Walmart.ca
and due to the pandemic we are using a single card for Internet bill, local grocery and anything and everything. Baby stuff etc etc.
There was some promo to get 3% back and the good thing is you can redeem that rewards in $ at Walmart and walmart.ca


So, as many others affected by pandemic one family member lost her job.
I had a lot of pre ordered from Walmart.ca and decided to return most of them. For one of the orders I locally took to Walmart store and returned without issue.
For other 4 of the orders, I requested to return via Online Order page. These items were returned brand new sealed.
No issues, Walmart.ca Sends you an automated email with shipping label and instructions.
I returned those items back in November, All of the items arrived to Walmart's Returned Center on Nov 17 but no refund has been issued.

I have spent many hours with their awful customer service who "pro-actively" create a new ticket and tell me this issue will be escalated and will be addressed in 4 days.

I spoke to the Credit Card to dispute the transaction but they said that we shop a lot at Walmart so its better to deal with them and just transferred my call to Walmart's customer service.

Their online system is beyond broken, what can I do to get my money back any suggestion?

Right now, they owe me close to 300 $

I have wasted a lot of time trying to get help but is there any Government agency or any other way that can help me ?

Walmart's Customer is so bad, here is an example for one of my tickets. They state that they have issued a refund on September 20... while the item was returned to them on Nov 17.... if that makes any sense...
Yes, indeed their supply chain+phone support is broken. They randomly mark items as shipped that never get picked up by courier company and remain stuck in that state forever. Phone support seem to have no way of getting to a local supervisor in Canada or someone who might have authority to issue refund. Happened to me couple of times in 2020. Best course of action is to file a BBB complaint with all details. You will then get a call back from Walmart representative in Canada within 3-4 days and they will issue you a refund. I have already gone through this channel twice this year. Its not best use of your time and energy to argue with their call centre people on the phone. I rarely order anything online from Walmart these days except grocery pickups.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
12639 posts
11463 upvotes
sunbat wrote: Yes, indeed their supply chain+phone support is broken. They randomly mark items as shipped that never get picked up by courier company and remain stuck in that state forever. Phone support seem to have no way of getting to a local supervisor in Canada or someone who might have authority to issue refund. Happened to me couple of times in 2020. Best course of action is to file a BBB complaint with all details. You will then get a call back from Walmart representative in Canada within 3-4 days and they will issue you a refund. I have already gone through this channel twice this year. Its not best use of your time and energy to argue with their call centre people on the phone. I rarely order anything online from Walmart these days except grocery pickups.
I stop order anything WM online after spending 2 months to get my order and refund. Never again.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 4GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2599 posts
1081 upvotes
North York
Exactly, I just want my money back. I have stopped using the card. As soon as I get my money back I am cancelling the card.

Does Better Business Bureau assist with this kind of stuff ?

I have small kids, 2 - 3 years old and I work rotating shifts. ... I have to make time to deal with these people and even then it goes no where.

So far, I have logged 4 tickets which went no where ....
Member
Feb 9, 2018
492 posts
376 upvotes
Moeeed wrote: Exactly, I just want my money back. I have stopped using the card. As soon as I get my money back I am cancelling the card.

Does Better Business Bureau assist with this kind of stuff ?

I have small kids, 2 - 3 years old and I work rotating shifts. ... I have to make time to deal with these people and even then it goes no where.

So far, I have logged 4 tickets which went no where ....
Yes, they do. But keep in mind that they have no legal authority. They simply forward your complain to business involved within 2 business days. Business then has 14 calendar days to respond to the complaint. They send it again if no response is received. Finally case is closed if business still doesnt respond and their rating is lowered. Walmart is already tagged to rating F which is their lowest. That doesnt mean they dont respond to complaints. Most likely outcome is not to the end user's satisfaction in some cases and that lowers the rating as well.

However, most legit businesses will respond to complaints that have all the details. So don't be discouraged. Use all the options available to you. This is just another mean to get your money back. Note down all ticket numbers you opened with reps over the phone and their name, items returned, refund expected and file a complaint. It has not only worked for me in case of Walmart. I recently filed BBB complaint against Fido for not honoring their promotion to send me a gift card after internet signup. Over the years I have successful outcomes using BBB for all but one complaints.

Top