Emergency Dog Grooming

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2020 8:45 am
Jun 11, 2019
327 posts
332 upvotes
North York, Toronto

Emergency Dog Grooming

Hello,,, with the humidity, my long haired dog has developed some matting on his bum-fro. It's become quite uncomfortable for him.

Looking for recommendations for short-notice dog grooming. Most of the places I've called are booking us into January.

Preferably in the North York area of Toronto. Thanks!
5 replies
Jun 11, 2019
327 posts
332 upvotes
North York, Toronto
If I'm looking for a groomer, don't assume I'm looking for anything other than a groomer. Already have dog clippers. He needs a professional. Tha k's though.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
Tails Up Dog Grooming - 416-481-9609 (www.tailsup.ca)

They are located just south of Eglinton on Bayview so not exactly where you are looking in North York but then North York is a big place.

I do not know if they are booking into Jan. or not (it is a small place with an excellent groomer and assistant groomer located behind Leaside Animal Clinic). But people tend to have their dogs looking good even if they have had to go grey themselves hence why you are looking into Jan. And our dog looked good!

I do know that it is still drop your dog off at the curb and they will pick up your dog but they are not subject to the current lockdowns. Our double coated dog passed away in April and we always took our dog to them.

If you decide to call them, please tell them the issue - it might or might not make a difference as to whether they can do it. You might have to leave a message depending on how busy they are. You would be looking at paying probably $65- $70 but that was for our dog and we did take him in on a regular basis. What you would have to pay would depend on the pup's condition. They also do not hang your pup by the neck which many places do.

I hope your pup is feeling better soon.
Jun 11, 2019
327 posts
332 upvotes
North York, Toronto
@Blanche123 haha yes, North York is massive! But as it turns out, that's very close to me (Don Mills/Eg). Thanks so much for the recommendation and well wishes, I'll give them a call in the morning. Very sorry to hear about yours.. Seems like it was very well taken care of though!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
striderKan - best of luck. You can bet that everyone wants his/her dog done for the holidays. I would suggest you call - even if you get the voice message - because as busy as it will most likely be, they always can't get to the e-mails until later in the day. After all, you have a dog in the big sink and the other groomer is trimming near the eyes - yikes.

I know that the groomers will work up until Christmas Eve but due to Covid it is a much slower process.

Thank you for your kind words about our dog (he was 16.5) and looked and acted like a puppy until 4 days before he died. And, yes, he was extremely well taken care of - of course he deserved it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)