May 27, 2007
15719 posts
3190 upvotes
Toronto

Chicago/New York > Dubai > Kuwait > Milan - $345-$590 USD RT on A380

Deal Link:
Price:
$345-590
A great flight deal from FlyerTalk for people wanting to visit Dubai via Emirates - I would imagine Kuwait would not be on many people's list of destinations...

Yes, you will need to find your way to/from Chicago or New York (Porter/Megabus etc).

Sample itinerary:

(Price in USD)

Both ways on Emirate's A380. The deal is actually for New York > Kuwait (Dubai is a free stop over).
Also available from other US cities such as Chicago (ORD) and Houston (IAH) for more/less monies.
New York would be more economical for folks in Ontario.

Tons of dates available. Play around on ITA matrix with advanced routing code "EK+".

*Option #2*

Sample Itinerary: New York > Dubai > Kuwait > Milan > New York

*Milan is a free stop over on the return flight, extra $35 for airport taxes/fees.

-----
Note: If you're paranoid about flying over Iraq... Skip this deal.

RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2757 posts
424 upvotes
North York
gr8 deal! I have paid 3.5 times that - and that too in summer!
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15719 posts
3190 upvotes
Toronto
Played around and found Milan to be a free stop over on the return trip!
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5438 posts
78 upvotes
Sydney
Cheap ticket, but you couldn't pay me to visit that third world country.
Dec 3, 2013
433 posts
126 upvotes
ItemFinder wrote: Cheap ticket, but you couldn't pay me to visit that third world country.
IMHO Dubai and Kuwait were more first world than many parts I've visited of the US or Canada.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2660 posts
319 upvotes
ItemFinder wrote: Cheap ticket, but you couldn't pay me to visit that third world country.
You think Kuwait is third world?
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
777 upvotes

I would go to Dubai, its an Alpha+ world city on par with Paris, etc.

Toronto? Alpha-
May 17, 2009
390 posts
43 upvotes
LOL @ the guy who thinks Dubai or Kuwait are third world
Jan 1, 2013
39 posts
9 upvotes
MARKHAM
TheRed wrote: I would go to Dubai, its an Alpha+ world city on par with Paris, etc.
Oh come on, this is kind of disingenuous. Dubai is economically important, certainly more so than Toronto, but it's nowhere near the level of Paris in terms of tourist appeal, and I would not recommend that an average Canadian spend a week of their annual vacation to go to Dubai when they could go to a hundred different cities that offer way more to the average tourist than Dubai does. It's not a third world city like someone said, but let's not make it sound as if visiting Dubai is like anything remotely on par to visiting Paris.

Anyways, edited to include the fact that though Dubai is fairly liberal in comparison to its surrounding neighbours, it's still in the Middle East. This is hearsay, but expats that I chatted with in Dubai told me that the rule of law is not the way it is here (eg. do not get into any situations with the local Emiratis, the police will favour them over you even if they're in the wrong), and simple things like taking a taxi back to your hotel while drunk can end up with you being taken to the police instead because of "public intoxication". It has a veneer of the West, but it's not the West. Take that as you will.
Jul 7, 2008
278 posts
61 upvotes
zunairryk wrote: LOL @ the guy who thinks Dubai or Kuwait are third world
Just letting you guys know that Kuwait can be a tough city to visit for a demographic of travelers. If you're in a relationship and you're not tied down in marriage, you won't be able to book a hotel or stay in private rooms together with your partner, unless you can show you're legally married (marriage license etc.). There are ways around it of course, and there's lots of tolerant people in the country anyhow.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1293 posts
40 upvotes
How do you create that itinerary ? Do you do a multi stop or complete trip ?

EDIT: just realized my problem was selecting dates that didn't qualify.
May 17, 2009
390 posts
43 upvotes
the_game151 wrote: Just letting you guys know that Kuwait can be a tough city to visit for a demographic of travelers. If you're in a relationship and you're not tied down in marriage, you won't be able to book a hotel or stay in private rooms together with your partner, unless you can show you're legally married (marriage license etc.). There are ways around it of course, and there's lots of tolerant people in the country anyhow.
Valid point about Kuwait. But Dubai is much more liberal when it comes to stuff like that.
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
777 upvotes
temporalstorm wrote: Oh come on, this is kind of disingenuous. Dubai is economically important, certainly more so than Toronto, but it's nowhere near the level of Paris in terms of tourist appeal, and I would not recommend that an average Canadian spend a week of their annual vacation to go to Dubai when they could go to a hundred different cities that offer way more to the average tourist than Dubai does. It's not a third world city like someone said, but let's not make it sound as if visiting Dubai is like anything remotely on par to visiting Paris.

Anyways, edited to include the fact that though Dubai is fairly liberal in comparison to its surrounding neighbours, it's still in the Middle East. This is hearsay, but expats that I chatted with in Dubai told me that the rule of law is not the way it is here (eg. do not get into any situations with the local Emiratis, the police will favour them over you even if they're in the wrong), and simple things like taking a taxi back to your hotel while drunk can end up with you being taken to the police instead because of "public intoxication". It has a veneer of the West, but it's not the West. Take that as you will.
Depends on the kind of appeal you are looking for. Paris got old fashioned luxury appeal. Dubai got futuristic luxury appeal. You should have googled for images of Dubai.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2913 posts
259 upvotes
now only if someone can find a way to do just dubai (without the kuwait part) for the same price or less..
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)