• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2019 5:11 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
459 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga

Emirates Flight Toronto to Dubai

I am flying Toronto to Dubai in October. The Flight departs Toronto @ 2:30 pm. Has anyone taken this flight ??
I was just wandering at what time the meals are served . I am flying in Economy.
Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by mgn2000 on Sep 27th, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
11 replies
Feb 29, 2008
313 posts
102 upvotes
GTA
i took this flight when it use to take off at night (10pm)
3 meals. First meal is usually once it is cruising altitude
Apr 18, 2009
968 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
I have traveled on this one ( in Y and J) many times since 2009. Original departure time was around 10 PM EST, arriving at 6:30 PM Dubai time.

The flight time changed to 2:30 PM recently and they now have five flights per week.

In economy they serve two full meals. First one , 1-1.5 hours after takeoff. Second meal will be 2-3 hours before landing.

They will also serve a vegetarian pizza slice around 7 hours into the flight.

Fruits, chocolate and snack bars are available throughout the flight.

Their financials are not very good these days, trying to squeeze every penny out of passengers. They charge for seat selection in economy now ( 48 hours before flight, seat selection is free)
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
459 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
emale wrote: I have traveled on this one ( in Y and J) many times since 2009. Original departure time was around 10 PM EST, arriving at 6:30 PM Dubai time.

The flight time changed to 2:30 PM recently and they now have five flights per week.

In economy they serve two full meals. First one , 1-1.5 hours after takeoff. Second meal will be 2-3 hours before landing.

Their financials are not very good these days, trying to squeeze every penny out of passengers. They charge for seat selection in economy now ( 48 hours before flight, seat selection is free)
Thanks for the reply
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11967 posts
2155 upvotes
Mississauga
emale wrote: I have traveled on this one ( in Y and J) many times since 2009. Original departure time was around 10 PM EST, arriving at 6:30 PM Dubai time.

Thank you. Any recommendations for where to sit in Economy? I'm thinking a D-seat as I'd only have to deal with one person wanting to get out to go the washroom, plus I could get up whenever I wanted. I went on Seatguru and a lot of people complained about seats close to the galley and the very back of the plane where the crew made a lot of noise.

I'm meeting a friend at DXB (they're flying in from LGW) and we're taking an Emirates flight together to DEL. Any tips on where to meet up at DXB?
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
459 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
Talamasca wrote: Thank you. Any recommendations for where to sit in Economy? I'm thinking a D-seat as I'd only have to deal with one person wanting to get out to go the washroom, plus I could get up whenever I wanted. I went on Seatguru and a lot of people complained about seats close to the galley and the very back of the plane where the crew made a lot of noise.

I'm meeting a friend at DXB (they're flying in from LGW) and we're taking an Emirates flight together to DEL. Any tips on where to meet up at DXB?
I agree with you, Seats D or G are better. This is will be my First flight on EK.
I have flown with AC with their NON Stop flights to BOM. I liked Seats D or G.
When are you flying ?? How much time do you have at DXB. If you have time get a credit card with lounge Access, it will come handy.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11967 posts
2155 upvotes
Mississauga
mgn2000 wrote: I agree with you, Seats D or G are better. This is will be my First flight on EK.
When are you flying ?? How much time do you have at DXB. If you have time get a credit card with lounge Access, it will come handy.
I'm leaving in about a month and have about a 2.5 hour layover at DXB. We'll probably just have lunch and explore the terminal. Neither of us has been to that airport before and I hear it's quite nice.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
459 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
Talamasca wrote: I'm leaving in about a month and have about a 2.5 hour layover at DXB. We'll probably just have lunch and explore the terminal. Neither of us has been to that airport before and I hear it's quite nice.
So, in your case makes sense to explore the Airport rather than spend time in a Lounge.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
777 upvotes
centre of universe
mgn2000 wrote: I agree with you, Seats D or G are better. This is will be my First flight on EK.
I hate that 14-16 hrs flight. I hated it when YYZ to Shanghai/Beijing. I prefer stop after 8 hrs or so.
Talamasca wrote: Thank you. Any recommendations for where to sit in Economy? I'm thinking a D-seat as I'd only have to deal with one person wanting to get out to go the washroom, plus I could get up whenever I wanted. I went on Seatguru and a lot of people complained about seats close to the galley and the very back of the plane where the crew made a lot of noise.

I hate those back seats or near toilet. People just stand there and talk for hours. And the smell.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
Feb 29, 2008
313 posts
102 upvotes
GTA
You might be landing in one terminal and taking off on another so make sure yourself and friend figure out which terminal to meet in (Terminal 1 and 3 are almost identical).

I would pick a place in your connecting terminal. Lookup up the terminal map and pick a spot

Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11967 posts
2155 upvotes
Mississauga
fuzzy2k3 wrote: You might be landing in one terminal and taking off on another so make sure yourself and friend figure out which terminal to meet in (Terminal 1 and 3 are almost identical).

I would pick a place in your connecting terminal. Lookup up the terminal map and pick a spot
My flight and my friend's both arrive at Terminal 3 and our flight to DEL will also leave from T3.
callernamet wrote: I hate that 14-16 hrs flight. I hated it when YYZ to Shanghai/Beijing. I prefer stop after 8 hrs or so.

I hate those back seats or near toilet. People just stand there and talk for hours. And the smell.
Thanks, will make sure to avoid those areas!
Apr 18, 2009
968 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
I assume you are travelling alone.

68A /68K and 81A/81K are great seats. You get a window seat, extra leg room and aisle ( not exactly the aisle ) access at the same time.

I believe these seats are paid options now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)