• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2020 8:17 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2003
506 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa

Emirates Refund

Anybody requested and received refunds from Emirates during these covid-19 period? It seems the refunds can be done only online forms which I completed back in the beginning of July but I still have not heard anything. It also seem the calling agents have no clue about the refunds as it seem to be done by different team. It also seems there is no way track or check status of the refund. I booked my ticket in January, so I am way past my charge back period. What a mess even I booked directly with the airline!
2 replies
Mar 28, 2010
750 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
Yes.

I booked in December 2019 for October 2020. I cancelled myself in late March, as I was willing to eat the penalty to free up funds, via Manage Bookings in late March and got an email saying to expect refund within 15 days. Middle of April after not seeing refund based on their dates, I called in and they told me the ticket was reopened as a voucher and I had to use that refund form online if I wanted a refund. About a month later, I got an Emirates email confirming that my refund was processed and the full amount appeared on my credit card a few days later.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2003
506 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for the reply. I just want to update in case anyone in the same boat. It took me about 3 months for the refund to process. It seems they have processed it...let's see how long it takes to show in my credit card.