Toronto > Maldives, RT $1262 [Oct/Nov,Jan-April 2015]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2014 9:06 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2010
1148 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
Gotta get business class for that kind of trip.

Any deals?
Apr 25, 2006
575 posts
55 upvotes
dhobiwala wrote:
Oct 14th, 2014 2:32 pm
LOL! dude if she's been twice then she knows what to expect, methinks you won't be getting away with "budget" anything!! :)
I have been to the Maldives once a few years back to get PADI Scuba certified. SCUBA was my main purpose for the trip, so I wanted a dive/budget hotel. The SCUBA school found/put me up in the "Hulhumale Beach Hotel" for $35USD/night (included b.fast and FAST WiFi)! Things are cheap when the locals book them for you ;) It was on the same island as the INTL Airport, so no seaplane req'd. Also the ferry to the main island was just 5c.

One of the only reasons why I went to Male Island (and not a resort Island) was beacuse of this Picture I came across on the Internetz: http://moneticsfze.files.wordpress.com/ ... ldives.jpg It was the biggest most random thing I've ever done. No regrets : ) Now I know that Island like the back of my hand. The thing with the Red Roof is the Hospital, and beside it with the cars and parking lot was their Driving School. Ahh memories,..
davidlmf wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2009 3:27 pm
I'm pretty sure it's illegal in RFD rules to pass up a PM opportunity
Mar 7, 2011
908 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Many ppl talk about diving and snorkeling in The Maldives. I don't think that would be good reason to go there. It's more a romantic spot for honeymooners who wanna enjoy the beauty of the private resort islands and get pampered within the resort. If you really wanna see the beauty of the underwater wotld, you're better off going to the Great Barrier Reef and not the Maldives.