None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
3039 posts
Ottawa

Employment in Sudbury

Hello,

I'm moving to Sudbury at the beginning of April, and will be in the market for a new job. My experience is primarily in hotels, in both the accounting and front desk departments.

That being said, I've looked at a few different options in Sudbury, the mines and school board, but am having a bit of difficulty finding work. Does anyone know of large employers in Sudbury? Or any tips for working in that city?

8 replies
Sep 14, 2003
57 posts
INCO and the Ministry of Finance are the two largest I can think of. All my relatives that live up there are either involved in Mining or Retail.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
They do have hotels though!
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.
Sep 14, 2003
57 posts
True, I was just answering the question of who were the largest employers. I have never stayed in any hotels in the city, so I cannot really comment on them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
I actually stayed at a Quality Inn one time in The Big Nickel, though I gotta say, it wasn't very "quality".
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10144 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
wow..good luck.. believe it or not i was born there.. not much in sudbury.. except lots of chinese buffets...
Sep 14, 2003
57 posts
I was also born there, but my parents migrated south when I was very young. Still have lots of family in the North. I would move back, but the demand for work is much greater in the Toronto area.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
Better off going underground, that's where the good coin is.

Solid pay, good benefits, early retirement and sweet pensions.