Shopping Discussion

Empty 18.9L Bottled Water Bottles Returnable ?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 8:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2737 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga

Empty 18.9L Bottled Water Bottles Returnable ?

I have (2) 18.9L refillable bottled water empties kicking around the garage.

Are theses returnable for any cash deposit refund from any store that sells bottled water such as Crystal Springs,etc ?

I heard that these have a 10.00 deposit on them when water is purchased.

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
213 upvotes
Surrey
auto-m8 wrote: I have (2) 18.9L refillable bottled water empties kicking around the garage.

Are theses returnable for any cash deposit refund from any store that sells bottled water such as Crystal Springs,etc ?

I heard that these have a 10.00 deposit on them when water is purchased.

Thanks
These days stores usually refund the deposit without the receipt and instead just transfer the deposit onto the next bottle. This is because of a spate of theft of these water bottles by people just taking them back for the deposit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2737 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
So what happens after you finish your last bottle and decide not to buy any more ?

Is the the buyer out 10 bucks for the deposit ?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2011
1860 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
Couple years ago I returned one of these to Canadian Tire sans-receipt and they gave me $10 for it. Not sure if they still do that. Call and ask.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19211 posts
1702 upvotes
Around here you can return these to any convenience store for the deposit refund.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Aug 17, 2018
2 posts
I had a 15 liter bottle from food basics I contacted their customer support and even though they don't sell them anymore they sent me a giftcard in the value of the deposit ;)
Banned
Sep 22, 2019
6 posts
6 upvotes
There are some from No Frills that are not returnable, those ones give instructions on how to flatten them to recycle them.
o
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9019 posts
2559 upvotes
London
Whoever was supposed to post in 2016 forgot, I guess.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15137 posts
12229 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ottomaddox wrote: Whoever was supposed to post in 2016 forgot, I guess.
Lol, I see what you did there.
Guess we’ll be touching base here again in 2022
That’s if there’s even bottled water (let alone water) then
:twisted: