94 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa

Enbridge Gas incentive

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Enbridge Gas
Save on Smart Thermostats
When you purchase a qualifying Smart Thermostat and either install it yourself or through a contractor* and submit an online application using a Redemption Tool on or before January 31, 2019 you’re eligible to receive a $100 incentive. The incentive will be paid as a bill credit on your Enbridge Gas account. Effective February 1, 2019, the Smart Thermostat incentive will be $75 and only Enbridge Gas residential customers (detached, semi-detached, row townhomes, only) who use the device to control their primary heating source of natural gas will be eligible for the incentive. All applications received on or after this date will qualify for a $75 incentive.

Apply for your Enbridge Gas incentive
Once you have purchased one of the qualifying Smart Thermostats and either install it yourself or through a contractor, apply for your incentive online through the manufacturer’s website (links below) By completing and submitting an online application form, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions. Only one device per residence with a one-time serial number registration permitted. In addition, to qualify you must have not applied and or received an incentive related to the Thermostat through any other conservation program in Ontario. Once approved, participants will receive the incentive via bill credit within 6-8 weeks.

Nest Redemption
Ecobee Redemption
Emerson Redemption
Trane Redemption

Qualification Checklist
Your Smart Thermostat must control your primary heating source of natural gas. (Propane, oil and electric heating is not eligible).
The residence that is linked to your Smart Thermostat must be located within the Enbridge Gas Program Delivery Area.
Your residence must be a single family home (detached, semi-detached, and townhouse homes only).
You must have an active ecobee or Nest or Emerson account linked to your Smart Thermostat.
You must have a Wi-Fi connection at your residence sufficient to communicate that your Smart Thermostat has been successfully installed, activated and paired to ecobee, Nest’s or Emerson's services.
Have not applied and or received an incentive related to the Thermostat through any other conservation programs in Ontario
You must activate your Smart Thermostat and submit an online application form for the incentive using a Redemption Tool between the later of (i) January 1, 2019 or (ii) the date on which the Smart Thermostat became eligible for the program, through to December 31, 2019.
⁺Enbridge is continually adding new Smart Thermostat devices to the Program and we strongly advise that you view the date your Smart Thermostat was eligible for the Enbridge incentive in our Terms and Conditions. If your device was purchased and installed before the effective enrolment date into the Program the incentive will not be applied.
70 replies
[OP]
Feb 1, 2013
94 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
porksoda wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 10:33 pm
so... not sure why you got thumbsdown.
Neither do I. It could be the people that thumbed down dont have Enbridge Gas.

U really don't understand why there would be an incentive on gas. Is there a sortage of gas
Last edited by jgoedhard on Jan 21st, 2019 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2370 posts
1028 upvotes
Looks like an extension of last year's program but lower rebate after jan31... also more thermostats added?

Presumably thumbs down due to lack of info in the subject line or "kind of" repost from the 2018 rebate?
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1092 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
Does it mean I give up my right to control my home temperature ? for as long as I have the Thermometer installed. for just 100 dollars.

Is it Enbridge or someone else controlling my temp for both Winter and Summer?
Apr 3, 2018
143 posts
95 upvotes
nimz wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 10:53 pm
Why dont condominiums count towards this incentive?
I guess giving condo dwellers smart thermostats won't drive energy consumption down.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1774 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
cf7777 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 11:24 pm
Does it mean I give up my right to control my home temperature ? for as long as I have the Thermometer installed. for just 100 dollars.

No, you still control the temperatures. I did this promo a few months ago with an ecobee I got from Costco, installed it myself and control it all myself. It’s probably just to get people to use a smart thermostat to encourage you to save energy when you’re not at home instance of leaving it at one temp all day long.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2370 posts
1028 upvotes
cf7777 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 11:24 pm

No, this isn't like Peaksaver, they do not have control over the thermostat.

I believe they have a mandate to spend $xxx to make consumers more energy efficient, and presumably for each thermostat they subsidize, they can claim a percentage of that customer's bill as "new efficiency". For that reason, lower energy consumers (i.e. condos) aren't offered the program.
Jun 12, 2007
566 posts
210 upvotes
Do you think this will still work if i buy a used Nest off of kijijijjij?
Apr 3, 2007
493 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
kingkelly wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 12:19 am
Do you think this will still work if i buy a used Nest off of kijijijjij?
Yes. I have done it. How it works is when you register the rebate they just have u login into your nest account and then that's it. It's pretty easy actually.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
if everyone conserve energy, then the energy company will lose out money on less sales, so they will end up raising rates to compensate, seen it before.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3316 posts
2511 upvotes
Richmond Hill
eyeswdeshut wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 2:42 am
Can you just buy these, register, then return them?
Comments like this make me miss the thumbs down button