Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Enbridge Gas

Enbridge Gas incentive

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 12:08 am
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
Gee wrote: Damn, I have a different thermostat.
does these smart thermostat like ecobee and nest uses the same furnace control wiring as the typical programmable thermostat? so you can replace the thermostat with these things without changing the wiring?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
divx wrote: does these smart thermostat like ecobee and nest uses the same furnace control wiring as the typical programmable thermostat? so you can replace the thermostat with these things without changing the wiring?
Yes, they can work off the same wiring. The installation is mostly plug and play.
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
"We could not find any eligible thermostats for enrollment. Either the thermostats in your account are already enrolled in other programs or do not have an address associated with them. You can update the address for a thermostat by logging into the web portal. "

Why do I get this?
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Oct 5, 2011
226 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
We could not find any eligible thermostats for enrollment. Either the thermostats in your account are already enrolled in other programs or do not have an address associated with them. You can update the address for a thermostat by logging into the web portal.

Sigh... I guess my Ecobee already enrol in something similar before (who knows which it was :), as long as there is incentive i would go for it)....But still upvote for OP to provide such information for me to try...

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1679 posts
1999 upvotes
GTA
neonic wrote: I didn't vote, but inability to get the posted deal is a (valid) reason of downvote in any thread.
I don't think that's a valid reason. Otherwise for any deal that specifically lists a province that I do not reside, I should down vote because I can't get the deal? Your logic is wrong.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: does these smart thermostat like ecobee and nest uses the same furnace control wiring as the typical programmable thermostat? so you can replace the thermostat with these things without changing the wiring?
in my case, Yes. I bought the NEST smart learning thermostat last Black Friday and was able to change our thermostat with no issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
Slono wrote: I don't think that's a valid reason. Otherwise for any deal that specifically lists a province that I do not reside, I should down vote because I can't get the deal? Your logic is wrong.
It's not my logic, I don't have any on this. It's just what is shown on RedFlagDeals forum when you click that thumbsdown button. Click it and see. If it upsets you, I'd suggest you raising your concern with the Admins
Images
  • 15481000010786190262871278220988.jpg
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18018 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: if everyone conserve energy, then the energy company will lose out money on less sales, so they will end up raising rates to compensate, seen it before.
Exactly. Years ago we had the push to CFL bulbs. As a result, Hydro consumption went down and the cost per KWH went up. Now we have the push to LED. Again, we will have another hike.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38384 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Most builders cheap out and only run 18/4, while you can operate a smart thermostat using the existing wire, it is better to have the C wire. In my case, I pulled out the existing wire and ran 18/5
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
Gee wrote: Most builders cheap out and only run 18/4, while you can operate a smart thermostat using the existing wire, it is better to have the C wire. In my case, I pulled out the existing wire and ran 18/5
good to know, i don't specify control wire for mechanical usually.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
hightech wrote: Exactly. Years ago we had the push to CFL bulbs. As a result, Hydro consumption went down and the cost per KWH went up. Now we have the push to LED. Again, we will have another hike.
yep, we don't push for efficiency here in Winnipeg and no time of day cost, yet it is much cheaper than Ontario. Sometimes people forget that Canada is a energy/resource rich nation.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3098 posts
4574 upvotes
West GTA
Gee wrote: Most builders cheap out and only run 18/4, while you can operate a smart thermostat using the existing wire, it is better to have the C wire. In my case, I pulled out the existing wire and ran 18/5
In the case of the Ecobee at least, they come with a power extender kit that you install at the furnace, which permits you to install it without a C wire. The Nest doesn't need a C-wire (generally).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38384 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
grumble wrote: The Nest doesn't need a C-wire (generally).
Running on batteries is not practical. The only other option is to use a 24 V adapter which is unsightly.

If your basement is not finished, it is easy to just run new wiring back to the furnace.
Jan 3, 2007
260 posts
104 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote: Yes. I have done it. How it works is when you register the rebate they just have u login into your nest account and then that's it. It's pretty easy actually.

So if I already have a smart thermostat that I bought a while back I can still apply for the rebate?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1679 posts
1999 upvotes
GTA
neonic wrote: It's not my logic, I don't have any on this. It's just what is shown on RedFlagDeals forum when you click that thumbsdown button. Click it and see. If it upsets you, I'd suggest you raising your concern with the Admins
Have a cookie.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2828 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
I clicked through (Nest), signed into my account, and filled in the personal details. Then it just took me to a web version of the app. Trying to see if my thermostat I had installed from GreenON last summer will qualify (probably not but worth the shot).
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Apr 3, 2007
970 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
mik3 wrote: So if I already have a smart thermostat that I bought a while back I can still apply for the rebate?
I believe they just look at the status of the account. If you already received the rebate, then no obviously. I think Nest itself has the information and they give it to Enbridge.
Dec 15, 2009
286 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any way to check the status of rebate?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)