Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Enbridge Gas

Enbridge Gas incentive

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 12:08 am
Mar 18, 2008
636 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
raman1127 wrote: Got $100 rebate on Feb bill...Thanks OP
How long between submitting the application and getting your rebate? I assume Jan then you got it in feb??

I haven’t seen anythjng yet that’s why haha
Mar 18, 2008
636 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
rs97ap wrote: Is there any way to check the status of rebate?
Did you figure this out??
Dec 15, 2009
287 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
typhooney wrote: Did you figure this out??
Not quite. I got my February bill and the total was $151. However - the total payable is $51
I looked through the bill all over but there was no indication of any rebate for $100 anywhere!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1127 posts
217 upvotes
hightech wrote: Exactly. Years ago we had the push to CFL bulbs. As a result, Hydro consumption went down and the cost per KWH went up. Now we have the push to LED. Again, we will have another hike.
Exactly, average bill never went down, in fact out of pocket costs going up as first CFL Coates way more vs incandescent and now led is more money vs CFL.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1127 posts
217 upvotes
rs97ap wrote: Not quite. I got my February bill and the total was $151. However - the total payable is $51
I looked through the bill all over but there was no indication of any rebate for $100 anywhere!
I got it 2 years ago and it was a 1 liner on bill showing $100 rebate.
I believe it didn’t show -$100 on bill from total, more off a 1 liner mention that $100 rebate applied.
May 6, 2005
560 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
typhooney wrote: How long between submitting the application and getting your rebate? I assume Jan then you got it in feb??

I haven’t seen anythjng yet that’s why haha
Downvoted because the rebate is from Enbridge.
I took advantage of the $100 rebate offer at the end of 2017. I got my rebate 6 months later.
It took a dozen of emails and phone calls. Most of them were not even answered by ignorant reps and supervisors at Enbridge. Had to deal with the Supervisor in the Ombudsman office and it took him 2 months to resolve the issue.
Jun 20, 2013
32 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
Same with me, but I got another statement after one week with $100 credit stating green ontario credit
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe this is just an old email blurb they forgot to update, but it still states $100 rebate for the Ecobee3 Lite I installed yesterday:
ecobee.com wrote:Hello EugW, and thank you for your application for enrollment in Enbridge Gas Distribution's (EGD) Smart Thermostat Program. Please keep this email as a confirmation that your application has been received.

Please allow 8-10 weeks for your $100 Enbridge bill credit to appear. For any additional information please contact incentives@enbridge.com 1-855-659-0549.
I applied for the rebate only today, Feb. 25.

BTW, I didn't think I could install one of these, since I didn't have a C-wire, and I didn't know the Ecobee includes a converter to 5-wire in the box. I also assumed such converters meant loss of fan control. Well, luckily there was actually a 5th wire hidden in the wall. It wasn't actually connected to anything as it was meant for a heat pump, but I just connected it up to the COM 24V terminal of the furnace and now I have a C-wire.

Too bad I didn't know to do this earlier, because I would have gotten one earlier to get the $100 rebate, but $75 will do. But who knows, as Ecobee tells me it's still $100. ;) I was originally considering getting the Honeywell Lyric T5 since it's on sale for $98, but considering one can get the Ecobee3 Lite with two sensors from Costco for $199.99, this seems like a no brainer.

Honeywell Lyric T5: $98 + ON tax = $110.74
Ecobee3 Lite set: $199.99 + ON tax = $225.99 - $75 = $150.99. So, overall tax-in it costs $40 more, but that includes two room sensors.

It's interesting that there is no rebate available for the Honeywell Lyric T5.
Sep 28, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
seanpeacocke wrote: I tried but was not eligible. I have a semi detached house with a nest that controls my boiler for radiators here is the reason I was not eligible "Your home does not have a Nest Learning Thermostat that controls a heat pump
Your Nest Learning Thermostat doesn’t have AC connected"
I got this error too. I have a gas powered boiler for radiators too. I contacted them and they are confused and asked me to send a screenshot. From my reading of the T&Cs, I don't see having a heat-pump as an explicit requirement.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2233 posts
1021 upvotes
Hmm, looks like the Honeywell thermostats aren't eligible :(
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1275 posts
327 upvotes
Why is this in the expired deals forum? Isn’t the $75 rebate on until the end of the year?