Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 4:11 pm
[OP]
Dec 13, 2003
408 posts
260 upvotes

Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate

I'm looking to get new windows and doors in my older home and was wondering if it would be worth it do the home energy audit to qualify for a rebate. Has anyone gone through this audit before? I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle. TIA.
5 replies
Sep 1, 2005
59 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
I recently went through this and had replaced all my windows and done the attic insulation. Basically my attic insulation was free after the rebate.
It is $40 rebate per window. The cost of energy audit is 678 inclusive of taxes of with 550 is rebated by enbridge.

Hope it helps
Penalty Box
Oct 13, 2008
4729 posts
1695 upvotes
kups wrote: I'm looking to get new windows and doors in my older home and was wondering if it would be worth it do the home energy audit to qualify for a rebate. Has anyone gone through this audit before? I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle. TIA.
Start by reading: Enbridge Smart Savings
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Jul 25, 2013
161 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
i believe energy audits is free after rebate from federal government as of december 1, 2020?
Jul 25, 2013
161 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
fergy wrote: Possibly, but no details or timeline is available on the federal program.
https://www.yorktonthisweek.com/news/ho ... 1.24261215
I was able to track down that a program of this sort was in the Liberal election platform.
Page 102/237 of the fall economic statement......more information to come
https://www.budget.gc.ca/fes-eea/2020/r ... dm-en.html

"The government proposes to provide $2.6 billion over 7 years, starting in 2020-21, to Natural Resources
Canada to help homeowners improve their home energy efficiency by providing up to 700,000 grants of up
to $5,000 to help homeowners make energy-efficient improvements to their homes, up to one million free
EnerGuide energy assessments, and support to recruit and train EnerGuide energy auditors to meet
increased demand. Additional information on home energy efficiency grants will be provided in a future
announcement, and eligibility for these grants will be retroactive to December 1, 2020."