End of lease (Audi) coming up - next (Audi vs Tesla) options - looking for advice
1. Currently have the 2018 S4 with a Technik trim model and has had services (by dealer) done on time
2. It was bought for my daily commute to the local (Oakville) go station + weekend errands + dropping kids off to school when the missus can’t
3. Pandemic has meant that pretty much all of the 3 above never happened and so its mostly sat around collecting dust - its only been run for 19k KMs!
4. We have a second vehicle, SUV, which is generally used for road trips and Long haul travel (most of which also has been severely curbed over the past year and half)
5. Residual end of lease price is about $30k . Market value (from auto trader) is about $40k-$46k
6. I’m seriously considering pivoting to EV - and have my eyes on the Model 3. Model 3 spec’ed out for me comes to about $53k cash
7. Historically, I’ve been a “leasor for life”, but want to “settle” down mostly because I have cash flow to buy outright
8. Would like to have my next vehicle for 5-7+ years at least
9. Use cases won’t really change much - I know I can go for a cheaper EV or gas option - might consider it after I’ve thought through this choice first.
Looking to get some feedback on
1. Given the low mileage of Audi and the residual price - does it make sense to buy it out and drive through for the next 5-6 years. I could try to purchase an extended warranty for peace of mind - or just take it to get serviced/repaired from a non-dealer shop given I own it
2. Does the Tesla last? For 5-7+ years usage - what is the typical repair or maintenance cost I could expect?
3. Do tesla do trade ins? Wondering if I can trade in for higher market value and get credit to total cost of M3.
Any other suggestions or guidance would be welcome!