Automotive

End of lease (Audi) coming up - next (Audi vs Tesla) options - looking for advice

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2022 9:54 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18024 posts
10827 upvotes
Ottawa
It's not that hard to understand that when people say M3 in the context of a Tesla question or thread, they are not claiming any equivalency to a BMW M3. In Tesla discussions, people will also say MY or MS , it's clearly understood what they are referring to, it's just convenient shorthand.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19671 posts
20104 upvotes
Richmond Hill
warpdrive wrote: It's not that hard to understand that when people say M3 in the context of a Tesla question or thread, they are not claiming any equivalency to a BMW M3. In Tesla discussions, people will also say MY or MS , it's clearly understood what they are referring to, it's just convenient shorthand.
If that’s the case. Why not call it M3LR (OP purchased), M3SR+ and M3P. Doesn’t need to be just M3 which could be confusing. Maybe it’s a Mazda 3…
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18024 posts
10827 upvotes
Ottawa
EP32k2 wrote: If that’s the case. Why not call it M3LR (OP purchased), M3SR+ and M3P. Doesn’t need to be just M3 which could be confusing. Maybe it’s a Mazda 3…
There isn't a SR+ anymore, it's just a Model 3 now.

Anyway, I just don't see a problem that people are typing M3 when it's easy to figure out that they are not referring to that BMW. Personally I like to use TM3 because that is unambiguous.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6387 posts
3094 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
robbiemurray wrote: Have an Audi S4 for which the lease comes due in a few months time. I’m debating whether to buy the car outright at the end of lease - or look to finance another vehicle in cash. Looking for some guidance from auto-experts here.
If you want to remain an RFD member, you only have two options. A Tesla Model 3/Y, or a Toyota Corolla. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Pick your poison.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)