Enercare Credits! YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 8:42 am
Tags:
Mar 15, 2013
731 posts
382 upvotes
Fredericton
Sorry about the random question but I recently moved into a 6yr old home and was under the impression that I had a water rental when I purchased the home on 27th Aug 20. The tank is Reliance and I have not had a rental charge once. Will I end up with a huge outrageous bill once they figure/find out? Any thoughts? Update: I just received a welcome letter from Reliance saying thanks for signing up. Stating it will be about $35 month tax in. Does anyone find that strange, will I get a huge bill, does it come on Enbridge bill or did I just get 7 months free? Any thoughts?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1520 posts
582 upvotes
GTA
The buyout on my 9-year old rental water heater still costs $8xx. Can I ask Enercare to replace it with a new rental water heater and buy out the new one shortly after?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
1600 posts
1172 upvotes
Brampton
spyhero wrote: The buyout on my 9-year old rental water heater still costs $8xx. Can I ask Enercare to replace it with a new rental water heater and buy out the new one shortly after?
Yes you can but buyout amount will depend on model you choose.
Apr 23, 2017
811 posts
438 upvotes
hitek0007 wrote: Anyone try to get another credit this year?
Anyone? I called around the same time last yr and got a 9 month credit ~$300
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1520 posts
582 upvotes
GTA
kopokipi wrote: Yes you can but buyout amount will depend on model you choose.
I don't mind paying more for a new water heater. I just can't justify paying $8xx for a 9-year old water heater.
Feb 6, 2011
247 posts
56 upvotes
yugsekwaf wrote: Anyone? I called around the same time last yr and got a 9 month credit ~$300
May I know what did you say to ask for credits? which dept and phone number?
thx.
Apr 23, 2017
811 posts
438 upvotes
I called again today and they said that since I received the 9 month credit (~$300) last year, I'm not eligible for any this year. A few folks mentioned that they do this every year - what do you say to convince them to apply the credit each year?

Thx in advance!
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6479 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
yugsekwaf wrote: I called again today and they said that since I received the 9 month credit (~$300) last year, I'm not eligible for any this year. A few folks mentioned that they do this every year - what do you say to convince them to apply the credit each year?

Thx in advance!
They had a note on my account saying o agreed to 24month for the $300 credit, so I won’t be eligible till the expiry date.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7364 posts
3486 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Called last spring and got 6 months credit.

Called this spring and said only allowed credit every 2 years but got 3 months credit nonetheless.
Selling Viking 7 winters on steel wheels. Good for Subaru and some Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Lexus, Toyota. Almost New, less then 1k kms used.

viking-contact-7-winter-tires-steel-wheels-2507125/
Aug 11, 2016
283 posts
237 upvotes
Does paying for enercare entitle you to any maintenance calls? Was wondering if I could could get someone to do whatever maintenance is required on my equipment.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3931 posts
4177 upvotes
GTA
SBGoose wrote: Called yesterday, got 3 months for free just for asking about my buyout amount.
Found out about this thread afterwards but thought I'd confirm it's still ongoing.
It's an ongoing trick to get you to keep paying 4 times the value of a HWT over it's life.
Aug 31, 2001
561 posts
57 upvotes
Bought my 8+ year water heater CV40 out for 462+tax today. Prior, received 9 months of statement credits already.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6204 posts
3600 upvotes
Ottawa
Stupid Enercare keep charging me 3 months rental, even I bought out all the devices 4 months ago.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Feb 20, 2019
268 posts
98 upvotes
what happens if you still buyout after free credits? will they add those credit to buyout price?
Mar 2, 2005
89 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
mapleleaf6 wrote: what happens if you still buyout after free credits? will they add those credit to buyout price?
I was told in the past by Enercare that they won't charge back the credit in buyout. You can call them to re-confirm. Hope it helps.