Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Energy Tower Speaker (1) $134.99 @ BestBuy

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2015 9:26 pm
Tags:
None
18 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2006
1411 posts
385 upvotes
lubmar wrote: energy speakers are on sale in best buy again (don't know how good are they lately ...)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ene ... 954b02en02
Very good deal on the CF-30, better than the canada day deal. I have those speakers and they sound very good for the price. They do have a low sensitivity and are more laid back sounding than let's say polk or Klipsch speakers.

Excellent speakers for a solid budget home theatre. It's a shame the CF-50 are not 200$ or less, which would have been an even better deal.
-
Member
Sep 23, 2009
268 posts
24 upvotes
BiGD33nS wrote: Very good deal on the CF-30, better than the canada day deal. I have those speakers and they sound very good for the price. They do have a low sensitivity and are more laid back sounding than let's say polk or Klipsch speakers.

Excellent speakers for a solid budget home theatre. It's a shame the CF-50 are not 200$ or less, which would have been an even better deal.
I've had the CF-50s for about 6 years now and I love them. Great sound -- much better than comparably priced Polks (I'd bought a pair of the Polk RT-10s I think and returned them after a week because it sounded a bit muddy). And I can't stand the shrillness of the horn tweeter on the Klipsch towers.

Thumbs up to Energy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
I have cf-50 and I am very happy with the for the price.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2001
16262 posts
2944 upvotes
MaxwellMcGee wrote: I've had the CF-50s for about 6 years now and I love them. Great sound -- much better than comparably priced Polks (I'd bought a pair of the Polk RT-10s I think and returned them after a week because it sounded a bit muddy). And I can't stand the shrillness of the horn tweeter on the Klipsch towers.

Thumbs up to Energy.
CF-50s are on for $249 each.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ene ... 0bb23cen02
Automatic down-votes: Eufy, D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 5, 2001
11535 posts
2348 upvotes
Edmonton
blainehamilton wrote: Lots of open boxes of these around, tempted to try and barter for 50% off like the other on stuff over the last couple of months...

How would these blend with energy take classics? I have 2 sets of those, would blend some of those kits with 4 of the cf30s if I could get them cheap for some 11.2 goodness.
Jr. Member
Mar 12, 2013
101 posts
129 upvotes
Verdun
Does anyone have any thoughts about the Take20 bookshelf speakers? Also on special for 100$ a pair at BestBuy.

(link)

I'd like to shrink my current pc speakers a little, they're old Aiwa mini stereo speakers.
These bookshelfs may later on turn into the start of my own do it yourself home theatre.

Edit: Also, would anyone know the resistance of these speakers? My Aiwas are 4ohm (I think) and only being driven by a buxget Lepai 2020.
Member
Dec 18, 2011
487 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal
WL1980 wrote: I have cf-50 and I am very happy with the for the price.
do the cf-50s have enough bass for music, without a sub?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
Good enough for me but I don't like too much bass in music. Because of that I actually listen to music on a pair of Verita V-Mini more than CF-50.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
It was $125 on sale but that was before $ tanked.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1356 posts
1179 upvotes
Brampton
That price is insane. I paid $300/each and thought that was a good deal.

theillest wrote: That is an awesome deal but not in stock so not much good.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
6004 posts
5872 upvotes
BC
bigzinc10 wrote: That price is insane. I paid $300/each and thought that was a good deal.
If you can access it, nothing is more insane than the Fry's sale that seems to be popping up in the US pretty regularly on the Energy RC70s. $199 each, in store only. $249 with free shipping. $499 currently, but they seem to be on sale monthly at least.
Banned
Nov 16, 2012
1837 posts
388 upvotes
EAST YORK
SizzleChest wrote: If you can access it, nothing is more insane than the Fry's sale that seems to be popping up in the US pretty regularly on the Energy RC70s. $199 each, in store only. $249 with free shipping.
LOL how is shipping free when it is $50 more than in-store? :razz:
Banned
Nov 16, 2012
1837 posts
388 upvotes
EAST YORK
bigzinc10 wrote: That price is insane. I paid $300/each and thought that was a good deal.
Don't worry you got a great deal!

I'll sell you my brand new $400k house for $50k. Insane deal. I have none in stock though! :lol:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
6004 posts
5872 upvotes
BC
theillest wrote: LOL how is shipping free when it is $50 more than in-store? :razz:
$249 was the in-store and online sale price for a quite a while, but they aren't packaged very well which led to many being damaged in transit. Then they introduced the $199 in-store promo.

Top