Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
entertainment.com

Entertainment Books $5.00 w/auto renewal (targeted)?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 9:06 am
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC

Entertainment Books $5.00 w/auto renewal (targeted)?

Price:
Retailer:
entertainment.com
I got an email
$5 USD per book with auto renewal
I was able to use a prepaid rebate credit card that had about $40 on it to pay

In the past I have done it with a regular card and cancelled the credit card before renewal,
they sent a message saying they had a problem with my card when they went to send the renewal books in the fall.
I ignored it and nothing bad happened.

If they do send you the renewal books you can send them all back and pay their price per book for shipping, or send them back all together and pay for your own shipping
I am not sure if there is a 7.95 per order fee for returning them, that is still not a deal breaker. At this price and possible hassle of returning books I recommend getting more than one. it is as easy to return 3 or 5 as one, and cheaper per book.
One thing though...if you send them back be SURE you use tracking
One time they denied getting them! until I gave them the tracking number and showed it had been delivered

I have some experience with this
they seem to have stock in the books, at least vancouver is there.
16 replies
Nov 12, 2017
573 posts
987 upvotes
Saint John, NB
My family has been using these books for years! Sadly, it seems like it's dying. I prefer my coupons all in once source, not having to download apps for sign up for emails for every single merchant.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
If you're a Fido account owner, you get free access to offers from Dining Deals as a Fido Xtra through the app. Dining Deals is basically the Entertainment book online under a different name.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Dec 8, 2001
252 posts
241 upvotes
fred koenig wrote: I got an email
$5 USD per book with auto renewal
I was able to use a prepaid rebate credit card that had about $40 on it to pay

In the past I have done it with a regular card and cancelled the credit card before renewal,
they sent a message saying they had a problem with my card when they went to send the renewal books in the fall.
I ignored it and nothing bad happened.

If they do send you the renewal books you can send them all back and pay their price per book for shipping, or send them back all together and pay for your own shipping
I am not sure if there is a 7.95 per order fee for returning them, that is still not a deal breaker. At this price and possible hassle of returning books I recommend getting more than one. it is as easy to return 3 or 5 as one, and cheaper per book.
One thing though...if you send them back be SURE you use tracking
One time they denied getting them! until I gave them the tracking number and showed it had been delivered

I have some experience with this
they seem to have stock in the books, at least vancouver is there.
FYI, there's no need to use an expiring credit card. You can cancel your Entertainment book auto-renewal anytime, it's written right there in their terms. You will still get your $5 book. It's a bit of a PITA to cancel, obviously to discourage people from doing it, but I've done it before. Just search their HELP section for "cancel" and you will see the link and instructions. They will send you an email with a link which enables you to manage your subscription. You can cancel it, and voila! Rinse and repeat next year, if you want.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
these books are terrible, we buy them from our kids schools and use maybe 1 coupon... we used to use so many of them.
Sep 21, 2007
466 posts
283 upvotes
Canada
kaliyanto wrote: Or you can just visit your local costco warehouse,
Does anyone know the price of this book at Costco? Thanks.
Dec 8, 2001
252 posts
241 upvotes
Oh, and don't forget to use Rakuten or other cashback. It's 20% through Rakuten.
Nov 5, 2012
39 posts
95 upvotes
gadgetman wrote: Does anyone know the price of this book at Costco? Thanks.
I think it was around $15-ish?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
deal_king wrote: If you're a Fido account owner, you get free access to offers from Dining Deals as a Fido Xtra through the app. Dining Deals is basically the Entertainment book online under a different name.
Most of the merchants near me with coupons offered on the app aren't accepting the coupons. They're saying that they weren't consulted on for these offers, so Dining Deals is useless for me.
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
Erkdajerk wrote: FYI, there's no need to use an expiring credit card. You can cancel your Entertainment book auto-renewal anytime, it's written right there in their terms. You will still get your $5 book. It's a bit of a PITA to cancel, obviously to discourage people from doing it, but I've done it before. Just search their HELP section for "cancel" and you will see the link and instructions. They will send you an email with a link which enables you to manage your subscription. You can cancel it, and voila! Rinse and repeat next year, if you want.
Maybe, But that is not what is written in their terms.
https://memberservices.entertainment.co ... ails/?id=2
"If you cancel prior to receiving your first Membership(s) distributed through the Annual Renewal Program, your credit card will be charged a $5 cancellation fee per Membership. If you do not cancel your Annual Renewal Membership, Entertainment® will charge your credit card when the new Membership is printed and ready to ship."

If you just use a credit card that has an expiry date before they send out the 2021 books:
"If your credit card reaches its expiration date, your failure to cancel after receipt of our notification will constitute your authorization for us to continue billing your card. "

It is better to pay the $5 cancellation fee if you think they will be able to bill you.
but if the worst happens, and they send you books and bill you, then all you have to do is send them all back with tracking. if you are sending several books then the cost is not bad per book.
"If you return your Membership(s), you will be refunded in the amount of the purchase price less a $7.95 cost per order for the returned shipping & handling fee. This fee is a direct pass-through cost for shipping the Membership(s) back to Entertainment®. The $7.95 return shipping and handling charge can be waived if you return the order at your own cost. See the complete Return & Refund Policy for more details on returns and refunds."

no cost or
$5 cancel (per member)
or 7.95 per order would be cheaper than paying for return shipping yourself if you did several orders

you can get up to 5 books per order
up to 10 books total (per membership)
this would only be an issue if you wanted to start selling them at the swap meet.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
Erkdajerk wrote: Oh, and don't forget to use Rakuten or other cashback. It's 20% through Rakuten.
I know nothing about Rakuten.
would it work when you go to a website from a link in an email?
I think the link identifies me as an eligible customer
there were many extra number in the URL.

Is it a browser plug in?
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5756 upvotes
Used to get the book every year but the number of coupons I found useful sharply declined so I didn't bother this year
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
gadgetman wrote: Does anyone know the price of this book at Costco? Thanks.
In Langley BC
the 2020 books were 19.99 + tax
item #2119174 for the Vancouver & Fraser Valley Area book.

this made the previous offer of about $18 US - 20% off and no tax
if you buy 2+ a slightly better deal, but probably not worth the hassle if you had access to Costco
but this is much better

Books you order are priced in USD, remember that when comparing to local prices.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
Can anyone provide feedback as to what the “good” coupons are in this year’s edition of the book?
Thanks
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
Bebo123 wrote: Can anyone provide feedback as to what the “good” coupons are in this year’s edition of the book?
Thanks
Where are you, which book?
I can tell you my favorites in the Vancouver book.
I live in Langley, so I mainly go where I am :)