Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ (ECBA™) from IIBA

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 5:59 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2019
30 posts
6 upvotes

Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ (ECBA™) from IIBA

Planning to do certification in ECBA...any one in that area would suggest how the market is general (not current covid market)? what is average salary range as entry level BA?

any thoughts or suggestion would help
1 reply
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1839 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
Do you have enough relevant or transferable experience in the defined knowledge areas that you could at least try for a CCBA? This is all opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm not a fan of the new certifications IIBA added to bookend CCBA and CBAP. I still think the latter two will be the most recognized in the industry. My experience: CBAP Certified, 7+ years as a BA and 2 years as a hiring manager/director.

Business Analyst is one of those roles that has too much variety in responsibilities (Reporting/analysis BAs, Support BAs, Project BAs, Business Systems Analysts) and thus it's hard to nail down where that starting salary is (or at any career level for that matter). Also, banks and corporations will pay less in general due to the relative security and redundancy within the organizations (and demand is somewhat high to work for banks for some reason). I would check Glassdoor or the "Salary Insights" part of LinkedIn.