Hot Deals

[Epic Games] Discord Nitro 3 months free

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 1:07 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1461 posts
815 upvotes
I'll never understand why this is so expensive... it's just gifs and cross server emojis
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19635 posts
7023 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
PerformingAzura wrote: I'll never understand why this is so expensive... it's just gifs and cross server emojis
Don't ask me. Ask all those people that throw money at people on Twitch etc. they might have some clue what motivates them.
Personally, if it keeps Discord free in it's current form I'm more than happy to have the greater fool fund the whole thing with this nonsense.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1711 posts
1603 upvotes
Toronto
tried it but it keeps saying that the code has been already claimed
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Oct 10, 2012
814 posts
261 upvotes
PerformingAzura wrote: I'll never understand why this is so expensive... it's just gifs and cross server emojis
Yes its over priced for what it is. I would subscribe if it was a couple dollars per month.
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Mar 5, 2016
83 posts
42 upvotes
Bought the Nitro from Epic games, had to wait an hour to receive my code.

Logged into Discord using that link and went through added a payment method ( used Paypal).

Got the message that my code had been redeemed already then went on to discord and I could use the Nitro specific emotes.

Went back to discord settings, and cancelled my nitro subscription and deleted my method of payment (paypal) through the billing section.

Got Nitro till Sept 10, 2021.

Thx OP.

Edit: For those asking if it's worth it, personally it's not for me but I know many people who choose to pay for it. Just personal preference, I wouldn't pay for it lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5440 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
SwaunyJones wrote: tried it but it keeps saying that the code has been already claimed
Mine did that too, then I checked my account and Nitro was active.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1711 posts
1603 upvotes
Toronto
Jep4444 wrote: Mine did that too, then I checked my account and Nitro was active.
Nevermind still nothing on my end
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Jun 16, 2019
155 posts
344 upvotes
I wouldn't pay for it either, had nitro a couple times from having the Xbox Game Pass for $1. I'd say the most useful feature of Nitro is being able to stream at higher resolutions and framerates, or getting the 2 free boosts so you can boost a server to the first tier so that anyone on the server can stream at up to 720p 60fps regardless if they have nitro.
Aug 18, 2015
183 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mysticode wrote: Same same... and I doubt it will even work for me, as I've used Nitro in the past :|
Jewjubes wrote: FML
Where did it go?
You can always create a new account!
You have plenty of time to redeem even if you wait 14 days for them to delete your current account and use the same email again, if you don't have another email for any reason lol.

The conditions at the bottom of mail say this-
"Discord Nitro offer ends June 24, 2021 at 11am EDT and codes expire July 24, 2021 at 11am EDT. Offer valid for first-time Nitro users only...."
Aug 1, 2016
9 posts
4 upvotes
Signed up with 4 different emails and have yet to receive the code on any of them...lol
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3261 posts
1615 upvotes
Mississauga
Offer valid for first-time Nitro users only
I love RFD! :)
Feb 4, 2007
617 posts
430 upvotes
So when I try to redeem it the first time, it said I couldn't due to already having Nitro before, and that I should gift it to a friend.
My friend just tried to redeem it, and it says it has ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED. The hell is going on?
Nov 21, 2015
55 posts
198 upvotes
I also received the "already used/redeemed" message but after checking the settings "Subscriptions" the subscription shows up!
20210610-205949.png
Aug 20, 2019
401 posts
481 upvotes
London, Ontario
Dexter25 wrote: Bought the Nitro from Epic games, had to wait an hour to receive my code.

Logged into Discord using that link and went through added a payment method ( used Paypal).

Got the message that my code had been redeemed already then went on to discord and I could use the Nitro specific emotes.

Went back to discord settings, and cancelled my nitro subscription and deleted my method of payment (paypal) through the billing section.

Got Nitro till Sept 10, 2021.

Thx OP.

Edit: For those asking if it's worth it, personally it's not for me but I know many people who choose to pay for it. Just personal preference, I wouldn't pay for it lol
I did exactly this also. Came here to say the same.

Nice.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12297 posts
1992 upvotes
Vancouver
No idea where you see a code? The email I received had no code. Just a link which opened my Discord. It did nothing else. Shrug.
Feb 4, 2007
617 posts
430 upvotes
I sent a support ticket into Discord to try and get this fixed... as I am getting the "already redeemed code", which is odd as my account in ineligible :|