Retailer:
Epic Games
More offers from Epic Games
This week's free-to-keep Epic Store games are up:-

Tacoma
and
Next Up Hero

Enjoy
Last edited by setlist on Jul 28th, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3290 posts
3484 upvotes
thx
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jan 26, 2012
285 posts
483 upvotes
Quebec
I would like to congratulate the people still downvoting Epic's free games after all this time, you guys must be fun at parties.

My library of Epic Games has now reached over 100 titles I've received for free as part of their weekly promotions. Only my Steam library rivals it in term of sheer numbers... so if their plan was to give us a library of games so that we would not feel like we're starting from scratch (as opposed to our Steam libraries), they've succeeded. I don't feel like if I buy a game there it'll be like some estranged child in a far away land.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2015
616 posts
852 upvotes
BC
benoittremblay wrote: I would like to congratulate the people still downvoting Epic's free games after all this time, you guys must be fun at parties.

My library of Epic Games has now reached over 100 titles I've received for free as part of their weekly promotions. Only my Steam library rivals it in term of sheer numbers... so if their plan was to give us a library of games so that we would not feel like we're starting from scratch (as opposed to our Steam libraries), they've succeeded. I don't feel like if I buy a game there it'll be like some estranged child in a far away land.
My Epic Games library:-
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4831 posts
2750 upvotes
Toronto
setlist wrote: My Epic Games library:-
All it cost was your data in the hands of the CCP Face With Tears Of Joy.

EDIT: Since apparently sarcasm is impossible to decipher on the internet, I was trying to make fun of people who are so paranoid, they're afraid China is spying on them. Apparently, I did not get that point across. Goes back into the hole from which I came from
Last edited by Jep4444 on Jul 23rd, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 17, 2018
80 posts
46 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: All it cost was your data in the hands of the CCP Face With Tears Of Joy.
All the chinese made phones and computers that gets massively upvoted on this forum are worse.
The 30% cut off every sale from steam is pretty outrageous. Having someone challenge that monopoly is a nice change of pace.
Jul 3, 2017
120 posts
257 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: All it cost was your data in the hands of the CCP Face With Tears Of Joy.
Last time I checked epic games was a company incorporated in the US, operating in the US, and the majority of the shares are controlled by an american citizen. Compared to the other threats out there, like zoom (which has most of their programmers in china), or tiktok (which is wholly owned by a chinese company), epic games is pretty low on the list.
Last edited by SamuelNapper on Jul 23rd, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4831 posts
2750 upvotes
Toronto
tempolc wrote: All the chinese made phones and computers that gets massively upvoted on this forum are worse.
The 30% cut off every sale from steam is pretty outrageous. Having someone challenge that monopoly is a nice change of pace.
Oh I was just mocking the people who won't use Epic cause they're afraid China is spying on them.

EDIT: Steam's cut is large but their platform is just so much better than Epic's. Even GOG is way better than Epic but they have trouble getting publishers to jump cause the DRM-free requirements.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4831 posts
2750 upvotes
Toronto
SamuelNapper wrote: Last time I checked epic games was a company incorporated in the US, operating in the US, and the majority of the shares are controlled by an american citizen. Compared to the other threats out there, like zoom (which has most of their programmers in china), or tiktok (which is wholly owned by a chinese company), epic games is pretty low on the list.
Tencent actually owns 40% of Epic. I'm not sure if a majority is actually owned by Americans but it's probable that a majority is owned by not China. Anyways, it was a joke and the sarcasm doesn't seem to be going over well. Maybe I should have added a /s to the post lol.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12250 posts
19939 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Tencent actually owns 40% of Epic. I'm not sure if a majority is actually owned by Americans but it's probable that a majority is owned by not China. Anyways, it was a joke and the sarcasm doesn't seem to be going over well. Maybe I should have added a /s to the post lol.
The rest is owned by 50 cent
Jul 3, 2017
120 posts
257 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Tencent actually owns 40% of Epic. I'm not sure if a majority is actually owned by Americans but it's probable that a majority is owned by not China. Anyways, it was a joke and the sarcasm doesn't seem to be going over well. Maybe I should have added a /s to the post lol.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Games

Owners
Tim Sweeney (>50%)
Tencent (40%)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2751 posts
1051 upvotes
Markham
Try to get off US news some times, good for your health
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.