Expired Hot Deals

[Epic Games] Epic Games FREE Troy Total War Saga - August 13 ONLY (24 Hour Window to claim)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 9:13 am
[OP]
Feb 22, 2012
715 posts
2308 upvotes
Canada

[Epic Games] Epic Games FREE Troy Total War Saga - August 13 ONLY (24 Hour Window to claim)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 13, 2020
Retailer:
Epic Games
More offers from Epic Games
Troy Total War Saga FREE on Epic Games for August 13, 2020 ONLY

(24 Hour Window to claim it for FREE)

https://www.totalwar.com/games/troy/
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
36 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1115 posts
2460 upvotes
Why are you posting this 10 days before the deal when there's absolutely no prep you need to do.

EDIT: Because people don't understand this complaint.
Oranges32 wrote: probably because info is value just like time. thanks OP
As is mine. People like this post so early that it creates multiple threads for no reason. This is actually already a duplicate thread because the same thing was posted TWO MONTHS ago.
Styleman wrote:
I am posting this early so people can set a reminder on their phone or something and not miss it.

Not everyone checks RFD daily and it's not like this is the usual 7 day claim period that Epic offers. 24 hours goes by quickly.

The lack of respect and instant gratification attitude on this site is unbelievable. Bring on the down votes.
Why are you posting 10 days before the deal again? Completely redundant and cluttering up the forums.
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Aug 3rd, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 13, 2016
18 posts
73 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: Why are you posting this 10 days before the deal when there's absolutely no prep you need to do.
probably because info is value just like time. thanks OP
[OP]
Feb 22, 2012
715 posts
2308 upvotes
Canada
DeltaSingh wrote: Why are you posting this 10 days before the deal when there's absolutely no prep you need to do.
I am posting this early so people can set a reminder on their phone or something and not miss it.

Not everyone checks RFD daily and it's not like this is the usual 7 day claim period that Epic offers. 24 hours goes by quickly.

The lack of respect and instant gratification attitude on this site is unbelievable. Bring on the down votes.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Mar 4, 2007
663 posts
621 upvotes
Halifax
[/quote]

They're not wrong. Im not one to look a gift horse in the month but posting a deal 10 days in advance is pointless and the downvotes are deserved if only for the "unable to get deal" reason.
Jan 1, 2010
479 posts
468 upvotes
Styleman wrote: I am posting this early so people can set a reminder on their phone or something and not miss it.

Thanks for your post OP. I just set a reminder cuz I don't check everyday.

If the deal isn't for you, just move on.
Sep 6, 2010
33 posts
12 upvotes
I'll probably be one of those that will miss this if it was posted the same day, so thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4756 posts
2247 upvotes
I appreciate good intentions so thank you if even just for that.

I can also completely understand that a lot of these threads are way too early I doubt people are marking it on their calendars. They'll forget it, but on august 13 they'll casually skim the hot deals section and see a heavily posted in thread about this game and they'll say "oh ya" and go get it.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Oct 30, 2012
320 posts
641 upvotes
Way too early to post this but don't worry OP, you'll get those much needed upvotes when you bump this post in 10 days time....

You better get there before the guy who posted this deal on July 29 though!
May 24, 2008
251 posts
182 upvotes
Mississauga
Im also one of the ones that most probably would have miss this if i didnt see your post, thanks op
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1052 posts
334 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks OP. For those complaining about the early post. Make good use of the hide thread button, and *poof*, it's gone.
Mar 24, 2010
16 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks OP, I forgot to mark my calendar after seeing the June post. Not going to happen twice!
Dec 1, 2019
9 posts
11 upvotes
I feel like a lot of the people who downvote are the people who check RFD everyday (and might have a reminder set from before), so this feels useless to them. I think around a week prior is a fair and helpful reminder considering it's a 24 hour deal (so thank you OP). Only complaint I have is that the title should have had something like "Upcoming Deal" at the start so people don't feel disappointed when they realize it's in 10 days.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2604 posts
2444 upvotes
Styleman wrote: I am posting this early so people can set a reminder on their phone or something and not miss it.

Yeah honestly I expressed my opinion on the down vote thing before. RFD should remove it. It makes postings so toxic for people that actually want to share.

There should be upvote but no need for down vote as that is just negative..
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1099 posts
797 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Some real cancerous people here. Have my upvote, just for that.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2604 posts
2444 upvotes
InsertGenericName wrote: I feel like a lot of the people who downvote are the people who check RFD everyday (and might have a reminder set from before), so this feels useless to them. I think around a week prior is a fair and helpful reminder considering it's a 24 hour deal (so thank you OP). Only complaint I have is that the title should have had something like "Upcoming Deal" at the start so people don't feel disappointed when they realize it's in 10 days.
Ones that down vote are mostly the hoarders that never post.. Reads the deals that are good and hoards everything to resell.
Sep 30, 2013
126 posts
130 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote: Some real cancerous people here. Have my upvote, just for that.
Me too. I do this often. I see lits deals or postings I'm not interested in and somehow manage to avoid acting like a Karen
Aug 19, 2013
738 posts
583 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks OP. Definitely dont come on here every day so having it in advance is great. Even if i'm on, there's no guarantee i will even see it. The threads here move fast. Ive missed out on a bunch of deals that way