Hot Deals

[Epic Games] Epic Games Spring 2020 sale - up to 75% off

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2020 12:53 am
[OP]
Member
Nov 18, 2017
354 posts
202 upvotes

[Epic Games] Epic Games Spring 2020 sale - up to 75% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
up to 75%
Retailer:
Epic Games
More offers from Epic Games
Lots of great games like Control etc.

Check it out!

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/c ... -sale-2020

Edit - thanks to Teddite - If you claimed your coupon during the spring sale, you'll get an extra $10 off anything $14.99 or above (USD).
Last edited by iamsiege on Apr 2nd, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2003
3036 posts
427 upvotes
Ottawa
Blah, bought Shakedown Hawaii for ten bucks in February. "It's an exclusive," I thought. "It won't get cheaper than ten bucks," I thought. I sure can pick 'em.
Jr. Member
Oct 14, 2007
136 posts
53 upvotes
Calgary
If you claimed your coupon during the spring sale, you'll get an extra $10 off anything $14.99 or above (USD).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2012
1868 posts
1828 upvotes
Jorpho wrote: Blah, bought Shakedown Hawaii for ten bucks in February. "It's an exclusive," I thought. "It won't get cheaper than ten bucks," I thought. I sure can pick 'em.
what are your thoughts on that game so far?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2003
3036 posts
427 upvotes
Ottawa
wildzero wrote: what are your thoughts on that game so far?
What a quaint idea, to actually play a game after spending money on it. I should try that sometime.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2414 posts
2472 upvotes
rdr2 for 38.00 usd.
assassins creed odyssey 9.99 usd.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2019
17 posts
55 upvotes
I'd recommend;

Satisfactory if you're into building games and incrementally optimizing your base. Might not sound like fun the way I described it, but it's got that same sort of itch that's scratched by games like Minecraft where there's always something to be done.

Detroit: Become Human (cheapest price it's ever been on PC, especially if you use the coupon in addition!) if you're looking for a fulfilling narrative game involving multiple characters, great for those who don't want to play a game with a lot of demand on dexterity and you're guaranteed you'll really enjoy Connor's storyline! If you enjoy Detroit or already played it, pick up Heavy Rain (and maybe Beyond Two Souls), Heavy Rain is the better of the two but it is showing signs of being aged due to being a decade old already.

I wouldn't recommend buying any of the Ubisoft games in this sale, mainly because Ubisoft is having their own sale at the Uplay Store and it's in CAD there, plus they have major Canadian studios which is nice to support as well.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7556 posts
4151 upvotes
Toronto
As these prices are in USD, I'm not sure what people are seeing as a good deal here. With the coupon these convert to CAD prices on par with buying direct from sales on Steam, Uplay, GMG etc, and without the coupon they seem like bad prices generally higher than those other storefronts. Am I overlooking something?
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2009
990 posts
416 upvotes
Quebec City
lovetheREDLIGHT wrote: I'd recommend;

Satisfactory if you're into building games and incrementally optimizing your base. Might not sound like fun the way I described it, but it's got that same sort of itch that's scratched by games like Minecraft where there's always something to be done.
Is it like Factorio in first person view?
Newbie
Nov 5, 2019
17 posts
55 upvotes
MercadorHG wrote: Is it like Factorio in first person view?
Yeah that's a really good comparison! If you loved Factorio, you should enjoy Satisfactory. The 3D element really does make a difference, and you can build really intricate vertical things (or build them as wide as you want), and they continue adding more fun things to the game as well so it's not JUST about some hardcore optimization. But if you're into that hardcore optimization there's plenty of that in the game, from calculating exactly how you can split conveyer belts to maximize production efficiency and all that jazz.

The developers have stated they're also bringing the game to steam late may they're thinking, and it will be crossplay compatible so even if you get the game now on sale and your friends down the line pick it up on steam you'll still be able to play with them.

Highly highly recommend the game, it's the number one reason I'm struggling to get any work done!
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2009
990 posts
416 upvotes
Quebec City
lovetheREDLIGHT wrote: Yeah that's a really good comparison! If you loved Factorio, you should enjoy Satisfactory. The 3D element really does make a difference, and you can build really intricate vertical things (or build them as wide as you want), and they continue adding more fun things to the game as well so it's not JUST about some hardcore optimization. But if you're into that hardcore optimization there's plenty of that in the game, from calculating exactly how you can split conveyer belts to maximize production efficiency and all that jazz.

The developers have stated they're also bringing the game to steam late may they're thinking, and it will be crossplay compatible so even if you get the game now on sale and your friends down the line pick it up on steam you'll still be able to play with them.

Highly highly recommend the game, it's the number one reason I'm struggling to get any work done!
Thanks! I'll wait for the Steam edition though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 8, 2008
3212 posts
565 upvotes
GTA
Same waiting for steam edition
Jr. Member
Sep 1, 2018
128 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: As these prices are in USD, I'm not sure what people are seeing as a good deal here. With the coupon these convert to CAD prices on par with buying direct from sales on Steam, Uplay, GMG etc, and without the coupon they seem like bad prices generally higher than those other storefronts. Am I overlooking something?
I got Assassins Creed Odyssey for $9.97 USD on the Epic store with their $10 spring sale coupon. It's $26CDN on the Uplay store. Epic's $10 Spring Coupon makes everything so much cheaper even with the exchange rate.
Last edited by techie101 on Apr 3rd, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB (2x8gb) DDR3 @ CL9 | Asrock Z97 OC Formula | GTX 1080 ti | AW3420DW | Klipsch 2.1 Promedia | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo & 5TB WD Black | Seasonic 760wt Platinum | Corsair 300R | Win 10
Sr. Member
Mar 28, 2010
643 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody have experience with how fast price adjustments are? In their FAQ, they say to just request refund and rebuy but that depends on how long the refund takes as I can't rebuy until they refund.

I just bought something a couple days ago and it's now 20% off. Haven't played more than 2 hours so should be eligible.
Jr. Member
Dec 29, 2010
104 posts
132 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: As these prices are in USD, I'm not sure what people are seeing as a good deal here. With the coupon these convert to CAD prices on par with buying direct from sales on Steam, Uplay, GMG etc, and without the coupon they seem like bad prices generally higher than those other storefronts. Am I overlooking something?
I agree that most of these “deals” Aren’t deals. But when stacked with the 10$ spring coupon, Some games can be worth it. I ended up getting borderlands 3 for USD19.99 which I think was a good deal. Can’t seem to find it cheaper elsewhere. But 100% that these aren’t great deals in general.

Top