2221 posts
1574 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB

[Epic Games] Epic Games Summer Sale 2020

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Epic Games
More offers from Epic Games
Games like Control ($32.99 CDN) on sale, great game great price. If you still have your $14 coupon I believe you can get $14 off anything over $20.99 CDN.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/d ... ummer-sale

Civ VI Platinum upgrade $39.49 CDN with coupon for those that got the free base game - https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... ic_gameId=

MEGA Sale Coupon - $14.00
Expires on 10/31/2020, 9:00:00 PM
For games priced at $20.99 or higher
Last edited by iamsiege on Jul 25th, 2020 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
45 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3221 posts
673 upvotes
Ottawa
When does the $14 coupon expire again? I'm not even sure where to find it in my account.

I see a lot of stuff has slipped below the $21 threshold. Disco Elysium is kind of tempting, but oy, there is so much else to play already.
Dec 22, 2012
675 posts
841 upvotes
Mississauga
Jorpho wrote: When does the $14 coupon expire again? I'm not even sure where to find it in my account.

I see a lot of stuff has slipped below the $21 threshold. Disco Elysium is kind of tempting, but oy, there is so much else to play already.
I checked mine...

Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6113 posts
6428 upvotes
GTA
xhalo21 wrote: I checked mine...

Just a head's up, last sale there were some good games on sale, BUT Epic bumped the prices down on them to keep people from using the coupon.
If you see a good price now, maybe think twice before waiting.
c'mon get happy!
Jan 16, 2005
540 posts
268 upvotes
Hamilton
Disco Elysium for $18.99 all in with the Epic coupon, so I'm in. I've been holding off on that one for a while.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9302 posts
6617 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if RDR2 will drop to $40 or lower in my lifetime
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4967 posts
3087 upvotes
The coupon is amazing. I was tempted to buy Mount and Blade II Bannerlord a month or two back for like $29 after coupon (FYI: it's not on sale right now), but figured it was still early access and getting lots of patches and updates so may as well wait.

Hoping they bring Rocket League to the platform, especially if F2P. Weird they haven't since they own it now.

I've been working through my backlog during quarantine, so not buying anything at the moment.
Dec 8, 2009
679 posts
716 upvotes
A billion dollar software company that throws money around like crazy, but can't implement a simple shopping cart on their website. Seems legit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6113 posts
6428 upvotes
GTA
TempletonPeck wrote: A billion dollar software company that throws money around like crazy, but can't implement a simple shopping cart on their website. Seems legit.
No frills, baby. No frills. Digital shopping carts cost big $$$ Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
c'mon get happy!
Oct 17, 2006
328 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like Hades is down to $8.39 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey is $12.39 (with the Epic $14 coupon)
Dec 11, 2013
111 posts
45 upvotes
Whitby
TempletonPeck wrote: A billion dollar software company that throws money around like crazy, but can't implement a simple shopping cart on their website. Seems legit.
I would argue that a shopping cart is less than essential for this type of commerce. I would guess most people buy one game at time, and this sales funnel may even be more effective.

It also might be a failed experiment. Either way, I don't think it speaks to the legitimacy of the storefront.

Throwing money at giving away games and heavy discounting reflects how they're choosing to spend those billions, and I personally prefer that to a shopping cart.
Jan 10, 2016
81 posts
27 upvotes
Fort McMurray, AB
Thanks for the tip. Picked up Disco Elysium for 19. I've been waiting for this for quite some time and I didn't jump on it during the last sale. Really excited to play it!
Jan 10, 2016
81 posts
27 upvotes
Fort McMurray, AB
jDubz2071 wrote: Where’s everyone getting the $14 coupon?
From their last mega sale. If you purchased a game then, you got an extra coupon to use from then til it expired in Oct.
Dec 8, 2009
679 posts
716 upvotes
AlexanderDKB wrote: I would argue that a shopping cart is less than essential for this type of commerce. I would guess most people buy one game at time, and this sales funnel may even be more effective.

It also might be a failed experiment. Either way, I don't think it speaks to the legitimacy of the storefront.

Throwing money at giving away games and heavy discounting reflects how they're choosing to spend those billions, and I personally prefer that to a shopping cart.
My point is that it's something super basic that most online stores have and it's not hard to implement, especially for a billion dollar software company. It's literally on their roadmap for their client/store-front and has been for some time, they just haven't implemented it for some reason.

I don't see how having to make multiple separate transactions and going through all the steps each time to buy multiple games is more effective. Look at the Steam summer sale as an example, people listing off all the games they bought. A shopping cart makes that a quick and easy transaction.

They can still give out discounts and free games easily, it's not a matter of one or the other. Adding a shopping cart isn't some crazy venture that will take a lot of time and money.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3221 posts
673 upvotes
Ottawa
TempletonPeck wrote: Look at the Steam summer sale as an example, people listing off all the games they bought.
Steam has a lot more cheap games (and games in general) than Epic does right now. Their library is still sufficiently small that I can see how a shopping cart might not be a priority.

Besides, Steam didn't have a shopping cart in its early days either. (I still remember they gave away Audiosurf for free when that feature was implemented.)
Dec 8, 2009
679 posts
716 upvotes
Jorpho wrote: Steam has a lot more cheap games (and games in general) than Epic does right now. Their library is still sufficiently small that I can see how a shopping cart might not be a priority.

Besides, Steam didn't have a shopping cart in its early days either. (I still remember they gave away Audiosurf for free when that feature was implemented.)
I take your point, but Steam is also almost 17 years old now. So kinda hard to compare the two starting out as it's not the same landscape online anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5568 posts
3694 upvotes
Toronto
griffy wrote: From their last mega sale. If you purchased a game then, you got an extra coupon to use from then til it expired in Oct.
Pretty sure that included any of the free games given out during the sale. Cause I got one before I actually paid for any games.
Apr 25, 2010
227 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
geech wrote: Disco Elysium for $18.99 all in with the Epic coupon, so I'm in. I've been holding off on that one for a while.
Same here. At that price it's worth taking the plunge.
Emoticons are for losers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)